Futurist Only Does Isaiah 24 refer to destruction of the Old heaven and earth to create the New heaven and earth?

black.hawk

Aug 18, 2017
Wiltshire
✟10,427.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
¶ Isaiah 24:1 - The Lord is going to completely destroy everything on earth.

¶ Isaiah 24:3 - The earth will be completely destroyed.

¶ Isaiah 24:4 - The earth will dry up completely. The world will dry up and waste away. The heavens will fade away along with the earth.

¶ Isaiah 24:6 - So the Lord will send a curse on the earth. Its people will pay for what they’ve done. They will be burned up. Very few of them will be left.

¶ Isaiah 24:10 - Destroyed cities will lie empty.

¶ Isaiah 24:12 - All the buildings will be knocked down. Every city gate will be smashed to pieces.

¶ Isaiah 24:13 - That’s how it will be on the earth. And that’s how it will be among the nations. It will be as when workers knock all but a few olives off the trees. It will be like a vine that has only a few grapes left after the harvest.

¶ Isaiah 24:14 - Those who are left alive will shout for joy. People from the west will praise the Lord because he is the King.

¶ Isaiah 24:15 - So give glory to him, you who live in the east. Honor the name of the Lord, you who are in the islands of the sea. He is the God of Israel.

¶ Isaiah 24:21 - At that time the Lord will punish the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens above. He will also punish the kings on the earth below.

¶ Isaiah 24:23 - The Lord who rules over all will rule on Mount Zion in Jerusalem. The elders of the city will be there. They will see his great glory. His rule will be so glorious that the sun and moon will be too ashamed to shine.

Does Isaiah 24 and Daniel 2:35 refer to the future destruction of the "Old" heaven and earth to establish the New heaven and earth in Daniel 2:44 and Revelation 21?

Last edited:

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
¶ Isaiah 24:1 - The Lord is going to completely destroy everything on earth.

¶ Isaiah 24:3 - The earth will be completely destroyed.

¶ Isaiah 24:4 - The earth will dry up completely. The world will dry up and waste away. The heavens will fade away along with the earth.

¶ Isaiah 24:6 - So the Lord will send a curse on the earth. Its people will pay for what they’ve done. They will be burned up.
Very few of them will be left.

¶ Isaiah 24:10 - Destroyed cities will lie empty.

¶ Isaiah 24:12 - All the buildings will be knocked down. Every city gate will be smashed to pieces.

¶ Isaiah 24:13 - That’s how it will be on the earth. And that’s how it will be among the nations. It will be as when workers knock all but a few olives off the trees. It will be like a vine that has only a few grapes left after the harvest.

¶ Isaiah 24:14 - Those who are left alive will shout for joy. People from the west will praise the Lord because he is the King.

¶ Isaiah 24:15 - So give glory to him, you who live in the east.
Honor the name of the Lord, you who are in the islands of the sea. He is the God of Israel.

¶ Isaiah 24:21 - At that time the Lord will punish the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens above. He will also punish the kings on the earth below.

¶ Isaiah 24:23 - The Lord who rules over all will rule on Mount Zion in Jerusalem. The elders of the city will be there. They will see his great glory. His rule will be so glorious that the sun and moon will be too ashamed to shine.

Does Isaiah 24 and Daniel 2:35 refer to the future destruction of the "Old" heaven and earth to establish the New heaven and earth in Daniel 2:44 and Revelation 21?
HI you got eh first 3 right that they are speaking of the day the LORD becomes king over all the earth. rev 21 has a 1000 year gap between the beast and false prophet being cast into the pit and the ressurection of many who come with the LORD. The millennium is going to be literal and the Lord Jesus will be king over all the earth.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,925.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes.
it is another description of what will happen on the Lord's Day of wrath; the Sixth Seal disaster.

But Isaiah 24:21-23 is about when and after Jesus Returns for His Millennium reign.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes.
it is another description of what will happen on the Lord's Day of wrath; the Sixth Seal disaster.

But Isaiah 24:21-23 is about when and after Jesus Returns for His Millennium reign.
Revelation 20:1-6
No such thing as a 1000 year kingdom on this earth, with mortal humans running around, as Jesus sits on a throne watching humans die.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,925.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 20:1-6
No such thing as a 1000 year kingdom on this earth, with mortal humans running around, as Jesus sits on a throne watching humans die.
You directly deny the scriptures of Revelation 20, with that assertion!

And, if you knew your Bible, you would see that the Millennium will be an incredible time for people, of joy, peace, prosperity and longevity. Isaiah 65:17-25

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You directly deny the scriptures of Revelation 20, with that assertion!

And, if you knew your Bible, you would see that the Millennium will be an incredible time for people, of joy, peace, prosperity and longevity. Isaiah 65:17-25
No such thing as a 1000 year kingdom on this earth, with mortal humans present, seen in the scripture presented.

100% the Lord's spiritual

Angel, heaven, devil, satan, the souls, the dead, God, Christ, 100% spiritual.

Revelation 20:1-6 King James Version (KJV)
20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No such thing as a 1000 year kingdom on this earth, with mortal humans present, seen in the scripture presented.

Revelation 20 is the Scripture about Jesus 1,000 years Kingdom on the Earth, who will begin not long after that Jesus will destroy the sinners [those with the mark of the Beast]assembled along with the armies at Armageddon [Revelation 19:20-21]...when Satan will be bond into the Bottomless pit for 1,000 years [Revelation 20:1-3]

Do you believe that God was Joking when He said:
Revelation 22
18 I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book: 19 and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 20 is the Scripture about Jesus 1,000 years Kingdom on the Earth, who will begin not long after that Jesus will destroy the sinners [those with the mark of the Beast]assembled along with the armies at Armageddon [Revelation 19:20-21]...when Satan will be bond into the Bottomless pit for 1,000 years [Revelation 20:1-3]

Do you believe that God was Joking when He said:
Revelation 22
18 I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book: 19 and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.
Revelation 22:18 warns against "Adding" to scripture, because you and many others have added a kingdom on this earth not found in scripture.

Revelation 20:1-6 King James Version (KJV)
20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 22:18 warns against "Adding" to scripture, because you and many others have added a kingdom on this earth not found in scripture.

Say the one who add 100% the Lord's SPIRITUAL to the text ...

And they LIVED mentioned in verse 4 mean that they will be RESURRECTED in a immortal body,,,to reign with Jesus during 1,000 years ----->So,based on your interpretation they will be resurrected in a immortal body to reign in Heaven over WHAT ....angels?

Revelation 20:4-6
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they LIVED and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Say the one who add 100% the Lord's SPIRITUAL to the text ...

And they LIVED mentioned in verse 4 mean that they will be RESURRECTED in a immortal body,,,to reign with Jesus during 1,000 years ----->So,based on your interpretation they will be resurrected in a immortal body to reign in Heaven over WHAT ....angels?

Revelation 20:4-6
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they LIVED and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
"Lived" does not state a resurrection receiving the immortal body.

"Adding to scripture again"

Believers are of the "Living" they have passed from death to life.

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Matthew 22:32
I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Lived" does not state a resurrection receiving the immortal body.

"Adding to scripture again"

Believers are of the "Living" they have passed from death to life.

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Matthew 22:32
I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
In Revelation 20:4 the group of those who will be BEHEADED because they will refuse to take the mark of the beast and will refuse to worship the Beast will LIVE and reign with Jesus during 1,000 years.

Let see the rest of the text :

Revelation 20:5
5 But the REST of the DEAD LIVED NOT again ----->until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Everyone [good or bad] not part of the FIRST RESURRECTION of Revelation 20:4-6 will be judged 1,000 years LATER --->thus ... at the Great White Throne Judgment [Revelation 20:15]

That is what the text clearly say.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Brian Mcnamee
Upvote 0