Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The prophet Isaiah, who lived in Jerusalem in the eighth century BCE, gives us strength from the distance of generations: "Fear not, O worm Jacob, O men of Israel: I will help you —declares God—I your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel" (Isiah 41:14). There is a tradition in our ancient sources that Jacob's worm is the silkworm, that the third stage of its life cycle (after the egg and larvae stage) is the cocoon stage. The cocoon seems to be in a state of death and emptiness, but life is forming inside of it, and if we are patient and believe in its happy ending, we will see how at the end of the process a beautiful butterfly emerges from it and spreads its wings to the light.
The Jewish interpretation. Israel Hayom; January 29, 2024

The Christian interpretation:
Isaiah 41:8-20 But you, Israel My servant – Jacob whom I have chosen, the descendants of My friend Abraham. I have summoned you from the ends of the earth and called you My servants. Have no fear, for I am with you – I am your God. I shall strengthen you with My victorious right hand.
Now, all who defy you will be humiliated. They will be as nothing and will perish. Your enemies will no longer be found.

For I, the Lord your God will help you. Have no fear Jacob, you worm, Israel you maggot, your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel. See; I shall make of you a sharp threshing sledge. You will thresh and winnow the land and the wind will carry away all that pollutes the Holy Land. Then you will rejoice in the Lord.
The poor and needy look for water and find none. The Lord will not forsake them, He will open up springs in the hills and pools in the desert. All kinds of trees will flourish in the Land, so that everyone may see and understand that the Lord Himself has created this.

Isaiah 40:27-31 Jacob, why do you complain? You Israel, why do you say: my cause goes unheeded by my God? Do you not know, have you not heard – the Lord does not grow weary or faint and His understanding cannot be fathomed.
The Lord gives strength to the weary and those who trust in Him will soar as on eagles wings, they will run and not feel faint, march on and not be tired.

Ref. REB some verses abridged.

‘Israel My servant, the descendants of Jacob, whom I have chosen.
I have summoned My servants from the ends of the earth; out of every nation.’ The Lord’s righteous people, now every faithful Christian, called out of the nations after the Lord’s Day of vengeance. They will be helped and strengthened by their God. As we know from other prophesies and the New Testament, the Lord’s servants include peoples of every race, tribe, language and nation. We Christians are His people by faith.

‘Any who oppose them will be destroyed, by God’s victorious Right Hand’. The Lord Jesus will instigate this judgement/punishment of the nations; Psalms 83, Psalms 110:5-6, Luke 3:16-17, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Micah 7:10, by sending fire from the sun.

‘Jacob you worm, Israel you maggot’ The Lord has a sense of humour! The people of all the 12 tribes are unworthy, but God will fulfil His promises to the Patriarchs through their descendants who believe in God by faith; Galatians 3:26-29 and all who have accepted the Salvation offered by Jesus.

‘The storm wind sent by the Lord, will remove all that pollutes the holy Land’, This refers to the Day of the Lord’s wrath, a terrible worldwide devastation by fire, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis. Isaiah 30:25-28, Malachi 4:1, 2 Peter 3:7

‘The Lord will provide water and the Land will flourish, all will acknowledge the Lords hand in this’. Once again it will be all habitable and fertile. Ezekiel 25:5-7, Ezekiel 36:8, Isaiah 25:9, Amos 9:13, Isaiah 51:3, Isaiah 49:19

The poor and needy”, This is a description of His people, when they first enter the Land. ‘The Lord will give them strength, they will march into their heritage and not be weary’. Psalms 107:1-43, Isaiah 35:1-10, Jeremiah 31:7-14, Psalms 68:24-27

Be patient, Israel, God is in control. Psalms 37:5, Jeremiah 23:24
Put your trust in the Lord, He will help and strengthen you. 2 Corinthians 6:1-2

Reactions: Vambram

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jacob I loved and Esau I hated Romans 9:13
Romans 9:14-18 What shall we say to that? Is God to be charged with injustice? Certainly not! He says to Moses; I will have mercy on those to whom I show mercy and pity on those to whom I give pity.
Thus, it does not depend on human will or effort, but on God’s will. Cyrus and Pharaoh were raised up in order to carry out His plans.

Romans 9:19-26 Then how is it that God judges error, if no one can resist His will? We are all as pots in the hand of the Potter, we cannot argue with our Maker. Isaiah 64:8
But if it is indeed God’s purpose to display His justice and make His power known, can it be that He has with great patience tolerated vessels that were objects of retribution destined for destruction? This is in order to show the extent of His power and glory to those other vessels prepared for His mercy and honour.
We are those vessels of mercy, whom He has called from among Jews and Gentiles alike, as He says in Hosea; Those who were not My people, I will call My people and the unloved, I will call loved. They will be called Children of God.

Romans 9:27-29 Isaiah says; Though the Israelites be a vast number, only a remnant shall be saved. The Lord’s sentence on the Land is final, but Jacobs descendants will not die out.
A vast number? must refer to all 12 tribes, not just Judah and people from every race, nation and language. Rev 5:10

Romans 9:30-33 This is truth; The Gentiles achieved righteousness based on their faith, [Christians] whereas the Jews made great efforts to keep a Law of righteousness, but never attained to it.
Why was this? Because their efforts were not based on faith, but, mistakenly, on deeds. They tripped over the “stone” mentioned in scripture: Here I lay in Zion, a stone to stumble against, but he who has faith in it will not be put to shame

Romans 10:4 For Jesus Christ is the end of the Law and brings righteousness to everyone who has faith in Him.

Romans 10:10-13 Faith in your heart leads to righteousness and confession on your lips leads to salvation. Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. In this there is no distinction between Jew or Gentile, for the same Lord is Lord of all and has riches enough for all who call on Him.

Romans 11:25 There is a Divine secret here; this partial hardening has come on Israel [the Jews] only until the Gentiles have been admitted in full strength, once that has happened, the whole of Israel [every faithful Christian] will be saved.

Romans 12:11-12 With unflagging zeal, aglow with the Spirit, serve the Lord. Let hope keep you joyful, in trouble stand firm and persist in prayer. V21 Do not let evil conquer you, but use good to conquer evil.

Romans 13:14 Let Jesus Himself be the armour that you wear and give your unspiritual nature no opportunity to satisfy its desires.
Ref: REB. Some verses abridged.

Upvote 0