Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Study the verses about what will become of the land of Edom. It will be made burning pitch and brimstone. How long will God have indignation against the people there?
All nations are warned of this prophecy. At the time of new heaven and new earth -what is happening to the people that love God and the ones that transgressed against Him?
Look at the end of Isaiah chapter 66 and then Daniel 12:2. The word for abhor is the same as
meaning - contempt.
The wicked will rise to shame and everlasting contempt - as in they will be abhorred forever by the just.

All people will rise one of two ways forever.

everlasting life
or everlasting contempt/abhorring

My request was directed at sunisout, and has been addressed, it was a mistake in the wording of his statement. God, of course, does forgive sins.

thesunisout said:
God won't ever forgive sin. God preferred to have His Son go to the cross and be made sin, rather than forgive sin.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Micah 7:18 Who [is] a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth [in] mercy.

But what happens to those in Edom?

Isaiah 34:2
"For the indignation of the LORD is upon all nations...He hath utterly destroyed them...delivered them to the slaughter."

Isaiah 34:90

"And the streams thereoif shall be turned into pitch,...into brimstone...the land..."
Isaiah 34:10
"It shall not be quenched night nor day..."

Malachi -more about the land of Edom

Malachi 1:4
"...they
shall call them, them, The border of wickedness, and The people whom the LORD hath indignation for ever."

Why would God be angry -have indignation against the people in Edom forever -if they burn totally up someday as to
their soul and body?
God is shown in the OT to punish a person -a place -as long as He still has indignation against it. He will have indignation against the people of Edom forever.
It seems this is the land that will become the lake of fire. At the time of the new earth - Isaiah 66:24 shows that the men that transgressed against God will be abhorred! Daniel 12:2 told how an entire group of people will rise to this everlasting abhorrning - contempt.

People either die in the Lord - or in their sins.

Daniel 9:4 And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;

all nations...He hath utterly destroyed them...delivered them to the slaughter."

Upvote 0

TomorrowsWorld

Feb 8, 2016
Canada
✟19,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for the link! I just went there and the subjects under discussion are indeed fascinating. What was Armstrong's denominational affiliation?
Original, or Apostolic Christianity. In other words, we walk just as Jesus did. He is our example, and He is to live the same life in us He lived 2000 years ago.

There is a booklet. Restoring apostolic Christianity. You may find it interesting.

Sent from my Z850 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Most Christians teach being tormented in the afterlife. Why do they think a loving God would burn people forever? Is it biblical? Are your friends and family burning in hell today? The TRUTH WILL SURPRISE YOU!!

The Secret History of Hell

Things like this can arise because

We have redefined love. It now means gushing acceptance of anything and everything we do. We don't understand that love gets angry, and it gets angry BECAUSE it loves. Watch a child you love destroy her life with drugs and tell me you are not angry. Read of a rape in your town, and try not to be angry.

We have no concept of God's holiness. We don't understand that He MUST be true to His character. He cannot overlook sin. It is not possible. We wrongly use ourselves, in our sinful state, as a measure of who God because we don't use the Bible to enlighten us as to His nature.

We have no concept of sin. Even Christians use terms like, "mistake", "issues", and "alcoholic" rather than use the language of the Bible which rightly refers to these things as sins. These term either soften our capability or remove it altogether by makes us victims, e.g. alcoholics, rather than perpetrators i.e., drunkards.

These things and more cause us to have no need for Hell. If God "loves" everybody certainly He gushingly accepts them as they are, and if He is not holy, then what's the problem? Further, if sin is nothing more than a momentary lapse in judgement then it's punishment should be quite mild.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
These false teaching arise because:

We have redefined love. It now means gushing acceptance of anything and everything we do. We don't understand that love gets angry, and it gets angry BECAUSE it loves. Watch a child you love destroy her life with drugs and tell me you are not angry. Read of a rape in your town, and try not to be angry.

We have no concept of God's holiness. We don't understand that He MUST be true to His character. He cannot overlook sin. It is not possible. We wrongly use ourselves, in our sinful state, as a measure of who God because we don't use the Bible to enlighten us as to His nature.

We have no concept of sin. Even Christians use terms like, "mistake", "issues", and "alcoholic" rather than use the language of the Bible which rightly refers to these things as sins. These term either soften our capability or remove it altogether by makes us victims, e.g. alcoholics, rather than perpetrators i.e., drunkards.

These things and more cause us to have no need for Hell. If God "loves" everybody certainly He gushingly accepts them as they are, and if He is not holy, then what's the problem? Further, if sin is nothing more than a momentary lapse in judgement then it's punishment should be quite mild.
We cannot exonerate the role that that Christendom's clergy played in foisting such teachings on the flock. They pronounced themselves shepherds and the flock in their care trustingly followed and that is where their guidance led.

Acts 20:29
"I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock;

Jeremiah 10:21
For the shepherds have become stupid And have not sought the LORD; Therefore they have not prospered, And all their flock is scattered.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

TomorrowsWorld

Feb 8, 2016
Canada
✟19,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Things like this can arise because

God does not tolerate sin. The wages of sin is death. Romans 6:23

eternal death. Not eternal life in torment.

the gift of God is eternal life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
God does not tolerate sin. The wages of sin is death. Romans 6:23

eternal death. Not eternal life in torment.

the gift of God is eternal life.

That's your assertion. . .

• Useful
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
John 3:36

Single verses without any context do not an argument make. Sometimes a small section of scripture does have a self-contained truth; however, most of these larger issues require study which is somewhat deeper than a puddle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lee-johnson

Dec 7, 2016
GB
✟15,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is hell and hell on earth. God gives peace to those whom have him in his heart and shall save those who pray (and receive). God disagrees with some Angels and some fall to earth and reign over the souls. Those under Lucifer and his domain shall receive hell (but not for eternity). Life shall be managed by God's angels, death maybe for the new King to decide.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Upvote 0