Does God Love Me Anymore?

HeatRamosHidden

Aug 26, 2005
✟27,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I can't even begin to talk about how much I've suffered from evil people in my life. I'm having doubts God still loves me. I've had horrifying health problems for a long time now. I struggle with same sex attraction even though I've lived Biblically. My grandmother's developed Alzheimer's in the past handful of years, I have never married, I can't drive a car, I've gotten hurt in ways that have made my education worthless. The money's going dry, so I'm about to start having to worry about other important things, maybe very important things.

I'm starting to think God hates me.

• Prayers
Reactions: JCFantasy23

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I can't even begin to talk about how much I've suffered from evil people in my life. I'm having doubts God still loves me. I've had horrifying health problems for a long time now. I struggle with same sex attraction even though I've lived Biblically. My grandmother's developed Alzheimer's in the past handful of years, I have never married, I can't drive a car, I've gotten hurt in ways that have made my education worthless. The money's going dry, so I'm about to start having to worry about other important things, maybe very important things.

People are reluctant to accept the fact that sexual lust is a sin, except within the boundaries of lawful marriage.

Upvote 0

HeatRamosHidden

Aug 26, 2005
✟27,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
People are reluctant to accept the fact that sexual lust is a sin, except within the boundaries of lawful marriage.

Which has nothing to do with what I said. The Bible says God gives you over to lust if you live sinfully and don't listen to God. I live obediently, never touched anyone and gave up on lust it'self, and it's still all around inside.

I believe the Bible but what now?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Which has nothing to do with what I said. The Bible says God gives you over to lust if you live sinfully and don't listen to God. I live obediently, never touched anyone and gave up on lust it'self, and it's still all around inside.

No, you mentioned you struggle with same sex attraction. That could be the key. We have to resist immoral sexual temptation, be it homosexual or heterosexual.

Upvote 0

HeatRamosHidden

Aug 26, 2005
✟27,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
No, you mentioned you struggle with same sex attraction. That could be the key. We have to resist immoral sexual temptation, be it homosexual or heterosexual.

I realize. But God didn't take it away. Why do I have to resist every day? Because it happens to me every day, that's why. I struggle with same sex temptation despite having nothing to do with it and living Biblically for many years, and yet I seem to be in the same group as the secular athiests and non believers.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

Paul teaches us to pray constantly (1 Thess 5:17). Are you doing that? It's fun walking with the Lord.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I realize. But God didn't take it away. Why do I have to resist every day? Because it happens to me every day, that's why. I struggle with same sex temptation despite having nothing to do with it and living Biblically for many years, and yet I seem to be in the same group as the secular athiests and non believers.
I have to resist temptation every day. I guess life isn't easy. Hang in there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I havr anxiety that I struggle with,..ive prayed many times for God to take it away as well...but he hasn't...but it has gotten tremendously easier to deal with...maybe that's how it'll be with you. It wont be instant..maybe gradual.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes. I guess that I need to study and read the Bible more.
I recommend that you read the book of Hebrews 5-10 times, enough for you to get what the message is saying. First of all, it's about Jesus and the image of Him that you form in your mind. And it's about your personal faith and where you are directing that faith. And about an experience of constant peace (in the midst of trials) that he calls "sabbath rest" - this rest you enter by faith where you overcome your trials with little effort because God is with you in them.

Same sex attraction is an addiction just like any other addiction, and Jesus is a healer who can deliver you from it. I'm not saying temptations won't ever come, but they come less often and much weaker after you enter the rest experience of Hebrews. I also recommend that you join a recovery group like Celebrate Recovery - Home - it is very helpful in my experience.
TD:)

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
John 12:25 25Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

This verse never really made much sense until I read your post.

• It is hard not to hate the life you have been dealt.

Then again, keep your eye on the prize. All the fine things in life end up rotting and disappearing.
I have an uncle who has Alzheimers, by the way. All his life he loved to have a few drinks, socialize and laugh. Now he has Alzheimers and he is still laughing. He says that he can't remember what he is laughing about, but it sure is funny.

Now that's is the kind of life that goes on forever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joe 73

Jul 30, 2017
Michigan
✟36,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I realize. But God didn't take it away. Why do I have to resist every day? Because it happens to me every day, that's why. I struggle with same sex temptation despite having nothing to do with it and living Biblically for many years, and yet I seem to be in the same group as the secular athiests and n on believers.

Maybe you are dealing with social deprevation. We all need to bond and connect with the same sex you know. but if you neglect it the need can keep fueling homosexual temptations. Often we should look at what our emotions are trying to tell us, cause the weak points that let homosexual temptation in aren't neccesarily spiritual.
its not so unusual nor do I believe it is punishent from God that you are experiencing same sex attractions, bad things happen. It's important not to judged your self worth by your feelings. Now if you want help overcoming, or reducing your ssa's, in order to benefit your spiritual/social wellbeing, with a healthy attitude about it, I recommend getting the book "Shame and Attachment Loss - the Practical work of Repative therapy", by Joseph Nicolosili. I am leaving the controversial discussion aside for the moment. If you have a therapist who would be willing to work with you on this, that would be great, but that can be expensive. but remember relationships are essential to healing. and in regards to homosexual attractions, relationships with the same sex tend to be the most beneficial in this way.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Many people like yourself go through these difficulties. Some people have a more difficult time than others. However remember this verse from the bible "with God all things are possible", and "All things work together for good for those who love God". God's plans for you are for good, and as you remain faithful to God, or at least try to, God will bring you out to a place of "good", a place of blessing. God sees your heart, and he knows how hard it is for you, and he will lighten the load.

Remember people from the bible Joseph as an example, went through a season of abandonment, he was sold into slavery, jailed, separated from all good things, yet in the end he was second only the pharaoh. Then there was job, he suffered horribly with loss, and sickness, yet God bought him out into a place of wholeness, and greater blessing than he had in the beginning. Many Godly people had a rough start, yet God was faithful to bless them in the end.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
"I've suffered from evil people in my life.
I've had horrifying health problems for a long time now.
I struggle with same sex attraction...
My grandmother's developed Alzheimer's in the past handful of years,
I have never married,
I can't drive a car,
I've gotten hurt in ways that have made my education worthless.
The money's going dry,

I'm starting to think God hates me."

Have you noticed how much of your OP was taken up with you and your problems? It's been my experience that the more I focus on myself and the more I am occupied with my problems, the less room in my mind and heart I have for God. It's no surprise to me, then, that the only mention you make of God in your OP is to say - mistakenly - that God hates you. It does not follow that, because all of the things you list above are true of your life, God therefore hates you. There are other possible reasons for the difficulties you're facing, not least of which is that in a world corrupted by Sin, suffering and struggle are inevitable. You could also have made some very poor life choices. God promises that when we walk rightly with Him, when we operate in life on the basis of His commands, truth, wisdom, and spiritual principles, His blessing and protection are our reward. Maybe it's time to start looking away from yourself and focusing a whole lot more on the beautiful, holy and awesome Prince of Peace.

Hebrews 12:1-3
1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.

Upvote 0