Does anyone here talk about their dating life?

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Something I've noticed about this singles forum, rarely ever someone talks about a certain dating situation they are in. The topics are mostly about benign stuff like "What are you listening to" and "I'm not doing streaming services"....any reason for this?

I know some here have recently talked about "being single" in general, but I rarely see posts of, "Hey, I met this guy/gal today, we started talking etc etc...." and then proceed to tell their story.

So what's up witht hat? Or did I miss those topics? :)

• Agree
Reactions: DragonFox91

elytron

Oct 5, 2008
California
✟290,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't posted here to Singles forum in a long time.

Don't really know what to say. Have not ever been on a date. No past girlfriends and never been married.

I struggle with other issues in my life. I talk with a therapist. Also have family, and am thankful for them. Will keep those topics offline though.

Reactions: Juan777
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,189.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Talking about an existing dating life might be seen as insensitive by others so we don't talk about it!

Sadly for me, I have literally nothing to talk about on the subject as I haven't dated anyone for a very long time! Asia seems to be undergoing a cultural shift for the worse, a lot worse. Both men and women are getting a lot meaner, aggressive, and cold. It's getting harder to meet the nice ones and when you do, they're already married!:muahah:

Upvote 0

Old Soul life

Aug 31, 2022
In the past
✟16,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't have a dating life because that ship has sailed along time ago. Yet if I did why would the internet care about my dating life. I am pretty sure my date would not like me discussing it on a forum anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Juan777
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Talking about an existing dating life might be seen as insensitive by others so we don't talk about it!

Sadly for me, I have literally nothing to talk about on the subject as I haven't dated anyone for a very long time! Asia seems to be undergoing a cultural shift for the worse, a lot worse. Both men and women are getting a lot meaner, aggressive, and cold. It's getting harder to meet the nice ones and when you do, they're already married!:muahah:

Are you an AMerican living in Asia?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,189.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Are you an AMerican living in Asia?

I'm an Asian living in Asia!:D Things are getting worse, I think money, instagram, K-Pop, and tiktok has horrid effect on people's attitudes and I'm talking about Christians! People here do talk about their dating life but I don't. I simply feel it's not right to talk about your dating life with other people.

Anyway, I have worked in USA for a short time, 6 months, Atlanta Georgia. I actually liked their culture. Far better than ours. People talk slower, more politely, and at less volume too. They don't seem judgy as well based on your appearance, the clothes you wear, except for the staff of Applebees restaurant.

That was back in 2008. Hopefully instagram, tiktok, and youtube hasn't corrupted the place yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,802.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Something I've noticed about this singles forum, rarely ever someone talks about a certain dating situation they are in. The topics are mostly about benign stuff like "What are you listening to" and "I'm not doing streaming services"....any reason for this?

I know some here have recently talked about "being single" in general, but I rarely see posts of, "Hey, I met this guy/gal today, we started talking etc etc...." and then proceed to tell their story.

So what's up witht hat? Or did I miss those topics? :)

People who are single often don't have much of a dating life.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I do a lot of dating, limited number of ladies. In two days I'm off to Canada to she one of them. Her mom has passed and so it will be an interment.
But generally, too much of my dating life would break the rules of this site, so I don't post much about it.

Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I do a lot of dating, limited number of ladies. In two days I'm off to Canada to she one of them. Her mom has passed and so it will be an interment.
But generally, too much of my dating life would break the rules of this site, so I don't post much about it.

You must have the looks to attract women while others here are languishing in silence (as you can see from the posts before). Most people who are dating probably post on secular sites like sosuave because usually sex is involved somewhere, even on first dates. For example, do you really believe in waiting until marriage with all your dates and not doing it with anyone if you are dealing with women? If you do believe then it must be hard, right? At least the incels on here (myself included) dont have that temptation, we only have inappropriate content to worry about.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,189.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

You just gave us a clear and concise account of your very active dating life!:confused:

I don't envy your dating life. But I do somewhat envy your having lots of free time and money to be able to that. I don't, I'm practically a prisoner of my circumstances.

This is why we don't post stuff like this. Some of us who don't have as good fortune makes us feel bad about ourselves.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,189.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

My desire for relationships and dates isn't as strong as before. Like it doesn't bother me at all to be cruising around the city on my bicycle on Valentines day completely by myself and seeing everyone with a partner or a date. (I'm only out to watch the fireworks displays going around the city and feed on the "happy emotions" everyone is giving off)

I haven't had a date for the last several years and only few dates my entire life. There was a time I desired a relationship very strongly. But the desire has left me. Perhaps my mind and soul gave it up completely and I can't say it's a terrible thing. I feel I have freedom in some convoluted fashion.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You must have the looks to attract women while others here are languishing in silence (as you can see from the posts before). Most people who are dating probably post on secular sites like sosuave because usually sex is involved somewhere, even on first dates. For example, do you really believe in waiting until marriage with all your dates and not doing it with anyone if you are dealing with women? If you do believe then it must be hard, right? At least the incels on here (myself included) dont have that temptation, we only have inappropriate content to worry about.

Well, I couldn't find in the Bible where it's a sin to have sex without marriage. But it's against the rules to talk about that stuff.

Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
My desire for relationships and dates isn't as strong as before. Like it doesn't bother me at all to be cruising around the city on my bicycle on Valentines day completely by myself and seeing everyone with a partner or a date. (I'm only out to watch the fireworks displays going around the city and feed on the "happy emotions" everyone is giving off)

I haven't had a date for the last several years and only few dates my entire life. There was a time I desired a relationship very strongly. But the desire has left me. Perhaps my mind and soul gave it up completely and I can't say it's a terrible thing. I feel I have freedom in some convoluted fashion.

You got blackpilled in the past with the past dates you were on. This happens when the desire goes. I feel blackpilled too. You just develop a comfort zone and cant be bothered.

Upvote 0