• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Does a GLOBAL FLOOD truly seem like the BEST explanation for seashells on mountains? (2)

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by ThouShaltNotPoe, Apr 13, 2013.

1. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git! Supporter

+28,502
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Thank you! :thumbsup:

Edit add: can it be done in reverse?

Google

says you)

"anasema wewe)" from Swahili

2. FrenchyBearpaw

FrenchyBearpaw Take time for granite.

+64
    Atheist
    Married
    Is this where you take your marbles and start hiking?

:p

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

3. Tinker Grey

Tinker Grey Wanderer Supporter

+3,720
    Atheist
    Don't know.

4. createdtoworship

createdtoworship In the grip of grace

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    some believe like "Kent Hovind" that there were 10 authors to genesis, not sure however. I would probably say 2-3 authors right off the cuff, I will try to dig up something.

for now here is a link:
    http://www.truthingenesis.com/2013/01/03/who-wrote-the-book-of-genesis/

I need to proof read it when I have time, but the 10 author idea (moses as editor), is interesting to me right now.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  5. createdtoworship

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    well I believe I have concluded the study, I must say that moses definately wrote, not only edited Genesis. Now the first 11 chapters may possibly have been written by adam but further investigation is required.

Here are the resources I found the most helpful:

A Walk Through the Book of Genesis | Bible.org - Worlds Largest Bible Study Site

secondly there is evidence of a pluperfect in genesis 2:19 for more info let me know.

However there is no need for a multiple authorship, as God may have divinely given the account of (pre moses) to moses via dreams and visions.

6. createdtoworship

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    no one should be doing this, not even you guys.

7. Mr Strawberry

Mr Strawberry Newbie

+64
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    Do you know what proofreading is?

8. createdtoworship

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    is this supposed to be a flame or what?

that would be a no, no.

what I said was fine.

9. Tomk80

Tomk80 Titleless

+384
    Agnostic
    You mean that you read it for last corrections before it goes to print?

You do realize that that is the definition of proofreading, right?

10. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+107,754
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Adam? Before or after the fall? After the fall, did God deem Adam righteous? Was he a prophet? Was he even in sync with God? Why would he even be considered as a possibility in writing Genesis, or any part of it?

Whoever wrote it was guided and inspired by God. Moses fits this description, since God used Moses mightily, including giving him the ten commandments, written by God's own hand.

Adam. on the other hand, becomes a bit obscure, doesn't he?

i don't mean no harm, bro'...just surprised he was mentioned.

By the way, excellent article. Thanks for the link.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  11. brinny

+107,754
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    double post, sorry. :sorry:

12. Lucy Stulz

Lucy Stulz Well-Known Member

+53
    Other Religion
    Married
    It didn't look like a "flame". It looked more like a valid point that your post appeared to misuse the term "proofread".

Unless you wrote the article or are responsible for editing it, you would not be proofreading it. IF, however, you meant you want to go back and read it closer that would not necessarily be "proofreading".

Proofreading is reading an item to find errors, as in pre-production "proofs" or "galley proofs" before publication.

Now, granted the other poster could have been a bit more gentle with the reproach, it isn't necessarily a "flame" to ask it that roughly.

And, according to common parlance, you were probably not going to be "proof reading" it unless you were doing so to ensure it was ready for production/publication.

13. brinny

+107,754
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    you are a diplomat...what a skilled and genteel response.

14. CabVet

CabVet Question everything

+151
    Agnostic
    Married
    US-Others
    For some people definitions mean nothing. Remember juvenissun and niche?

15. Tomk80

Tomk80 Titleless

+384
    Agnostic
    Yeah, but the special combination of extreme arrogance and utter incompetence that is Juvenissun is special.

16. DarylFawcett

DarylFawcett Ticket Support Manager | HR Manager Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+3,449
    Canada
    SDA
    Married
    MOD HAT ON!!!!!

This is to notify you all that a thread cleanup was done in relation to responding to a post that was since deleted. If your post is missing, this will explain why it is missing.

MOD HAT OFF!!!

17. createdtoworship

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    when submitting material to elect societies, they proof read it.

I also proof read material before posting excerpts.

what I said was fine, but thank you!

18. Mr Strawberry

Mr Strawberry Newbie

+64
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    If you had found some typographical errors, how exactly would you have put them right? Or would you have just not posted it because of a typo or two?

19. EveryTime

EveryTime Guest

+0
    Does a GLOBAL FLOOD truly seem like the BEST explanation for seashells on mountains?

No because they are not only ON mountains they are IN mountains which tells me the part with the sea shells was at one time part of the sea bottom.

Why are the tops of high mountains covered in snow even in the summer? because they are so high and it's cold?
    What do you think the state of the water would be if it covered those high mountains? Frozen?
    What do you think a boat would do in frozen water that was above the mountains? Get stuck in the ice?

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013
  20. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,178
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I usually correct typos in quotes when I spot them. Sometimes I'm bad
    and correct them without asking or indicating they were there. My bad.