• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Does a GLOBAL FLOOD truly seem like the BEST explanation for seashells on mountains? (2)

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by ThouShaltNotPoe, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Mr Strawberry

Mr Strawberry Newbie

+64
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    Even if the page hadn't stated that it was aimed at kindergarten to 4th graders, one would be expected to notice from the way it is written what audience it is pitched at. That you didn't, or so I gather from your quoted comment, is interesting.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  2. createdtoworship

createdtoworship In the grip of grace

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    so that would be again poisoning the well,

if information is correct it matters not to whom the audience is.

right?

3. Mr Strawberry

Mr Strawberry Newbie

+64
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    Yes, the information that the definition changed is correct. No one disagrees with that. But you specifically said you are agreeing with AV1611VET. AV1611VET argues that there is a hidden and suspicious agenda for the definition change involving skulduggery and a rigged vote no less, and that by rights Pluto should still be classified as a planet. So, when you said you still agree with AV1611VET, this is what it is assumed you are still agreeing with. If not, if in fact you don't agree with with AV1611VET on these points, this might be a good time to say so, because the next question is: do you think the source you gave to support your agreement with AV1611VET, a NASA webpage aimed at children, is the right place to look for subtext?

4. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    QV please:

5. createdtoworship

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    okay now that we settled the matter regarding poisoning the well with NASA and (4th grade). Now we can see a changing of the bars and saying that it is in fact correct. Thats a good thing. Now lets see what else we have here....conspiracy theory. I don't typically adhere to that btw. But I seem to see that there were many who believe that the definition of "planet" was not coined "scientifically" until 2006. http://www.christianforums.com/t7738535-6/#post63160077 One person at least believed that, so you must decline to say that "no one disagrees with that." Take note that NASA itself has stated the definition was changed, and gave motive. http://www.christianforums.com/t7738535-2/#post63175356

6. Mr Strawberry

Mr Strawberry Newbie

+64
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    No one said it wasn't correct. No bars have changed.

So, finally, it turns out you don't actually agree with AV1611VET after all. That's OK, no one else does either. But you might have saved a lot of time if you hadn't said you agreed with him.

If you want to argue that the definition didn't actually change, but was instead just properly scientifically defined for the first time, then super. But it's nothing more than pointless quibbling.

OK, what 'motive' do you think you can glean from an instructional webpage for small children that is in any way worthy of further discussion?

7. USincognito

USincognito Milk-Bones for Cerberus is a cool album name Supporter

+13,601
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    So's Law - Any response that begins with "So..." will be followed by a straw man.

8. createdtoworship

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    conspiracy theory has a lot or roots and I typically don't adhere to them. But sometimes I do. So I don't disagree entirely, I just don't believe that the government created the aids virus to kill the populus and to control numbers. (I just heard that one, I am sometimes embarrassed by this stuff, the other one I laugh at is chem trails). But I hope I don't step on anyones feet here. I do however believe in global conspiracy under the antichrist in the last days, it will involve money, and it will involve a mark, somehow it could be a verichip under the skin or something entirely different. But that is a Biblical conspiracy there. It also happens to be prophecy.

9. createdtoworship

+1,707
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    either that, or a valid premise, it all depends. But I caught myself saying it again,

so......

it's contageous

don't catch it!