Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I've read the whole thread, dear. The only church that almost ALL Protestants point their fingers at and say, "they follow doctrines of devils" is the Catholic Church. Not even Mormons, JW's, followers of Mary Baker Eddy, or EGW get the same attention. So easy squeasy. For some reason, they all get a pass, and I can't say a thing about them. But anyone can say anything about Catholics, and not only is it allowed, it is almost always a "featured" post. But if I or anyone else on the fora defend the Church, bad things happen.

(ooops! I'm not supposed to criticize the staff, am I?)

You are free to believe what you like about my intentions. If you are unwilling to take my own word for it, I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you.

God bless.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There was only one Church. Then, when Luther came along thousands sprouted up! Why? They couldn't stand the stormy seas even though Jesus was at the helm!

There has only every been one true Church. That is all true believers in Christ Jesus.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Here is the THIRD post of the thread.

Now, in the 11th century, there were NO Protestant Churches. There were Eastern Christian Churches (of various flavors) But in the west, only ONE, The Roman Catholic Church. So if a Protestant is making a point about a high ranking church official in the 11th century, he is talking about the Roman Catholic Church.

Now, why do you deny that this thread is anti-Catholic when the 3rd post is highly anti-Catholic? And it went downhill from there.

Here is another witness. I am not the only one.

What other people post in this thread is not my responsibility.

Also, I am tired of Catholics taking any objection to Catholic teachings as somehow automatically "hateful."

People have a right and also a responsibility to question things.

If you want to argue and be offended by that, that is of course your prerogative.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
There has only every been one true Church. That is all true believers in Christ Jesus.

Yes, but, thousands of denominations! All arguing who is number one. I admit, I am guilty.

Why can't we all be singing from the same hymn sheet?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes, but, thousands of denominations! All arguing who is number one. I admit, I am guilty.

Why can't we all be singing from the same hymn sheet?

Unfortunately, there are things worth dividing over.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The "Gospel of Thomas" is a non-Canonical (Gnostic) "gospel". It is with good reason it is not included in the Bible.

As for the last part of what you wrote, you have seriously deviated from the Biblical Christian faith. The serpent was a deceiver. You are bordering on some form of Luciferianism to even suggest that the serpent is the one that was correct, and that God was wrong to forbid Adam and Eve to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

I think you may also need to re-read the rules of this forum.

This IS the Orthodox teaching. What part of unorthodox are you not getting? Only the Orthodox can be Christian? I do not believe the catholic tenet, I believe on the side that didn't accept the catholic tenet of the 1-3 centuries. I've studied them. I see both sides. I choose the side that didn't use deception to build a "church".

I read and know the forum rules. To refer to my thoughts as Luciferianism is basically saying I am anti-Christ. Clean your own mind. I use scriptures from the Gospel and Paul to refute. I haven't even brought much in from the non Canon books, usually I show the a Canon scripture and a non Canon one to prove that they align.

You follow the OT. And Christ told the Jews that they were lied to. That they followed a deceiver. And those very books (of thought) were essential in killing Jesus. The Jews were ignorant (of truth) yet you believe that they are the word of God. They were a battle of angels, before truth.

Was God in the Burning Bush? Better tell Stephen. He backs up what I say about angels.

Acts:
30 And when forty years were expired, there appeared to him in the wilderness of mount Sina an angel of the Lord in a flame of fire in a bush.
31 When Moses saw it, he wondered at the sight: and as he drew near to behold it, the voice of the Lord came unto him,
32 Saying, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Then Moses trembled, and durst not behold.
33 Then said the Lord to him, Put off thy shoes from thy feet: for the place where thou standest is holy ground.
34 I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send thee into Egypt.
35 This Moses whom they refused, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a judge? the same did God send to be a ruler and a deliverer by the hand of the angel which appeared to him in the bush.

There is only Christ, who taught us the way. There is nothing in the OT that shows the way, or the Jews would have known it. They wanted a worldly warrior.

I wish you would use Gospel scriptures (as I do) to make your point. Use the OT if you like. But most of all open your mind to see all things before just following a gang who created creeds. Creeds aren't scriptural. They are beliefs of understanding. Based on what a few want the many to see.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The purpose of this thread is to discuss the forbidding of marriage and of eating certain foods, in light of Scripture referring to such as "doctrines of devils."

Here you say it clearly, for the first time. Post #184. There is a lot of wasted time, space, and effort until we finally get to what you want to talk about. In all that time, I saw the attack on Catholics. Others have seen it too. I have already gone to some length to defend these flaws in your argument. God wants obedience more than sacrifice, as you know. If we, in our hearts, know that something is wicked, we know not to do it, even if there is nothing about it in the Scriptures. Computer hacking is not mentioned at all in the Bible. But we know that it is wicked, so we don't do it, although some may be tempted to do so.

Now, about abstaining from meat on Friday--It was never called the black fast (going back to the 3rd post) by any except Protestants and others who wanted to eat meat on Friday. (BTW, the black fast was eating nothing, not just abstaining from meat.) It is a discipline. It has always been a discipline, and not a mandate. Eastern Churches fast and abstain much more than ANY western church, INCLUDING the RCC!

Forbidding to marry AFTER Ordination is a similar discipline, and nobody has to take that step unless they are SURE that God wants them to. But once ordained, be it to the diaconate or priesthood, you MAY NOT MARRY. Everybody knows the rules. If you don't like the rules, then don't try to join that club. And as I pointed it out earlier, Shakers did not allow marriage at all! How many Shaker churches are there in America? ONE!

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This IS the Orthodox teaching. What part of unorthodox are you not getting? Only the Orthodox can be Christian? I do not believe the catholic tenet, I believe on the side that didn't accept the catholic tenet of the 1-3 centuries. I've studied them. I see both sides. I choose the side that didn't use deception to build a "church".

I read and know the forum rules. To refer to my thoughts as Luciferianism is basically saying I am anti-Christ. Clean your own mind. I use scriptures from the Gospel and Paul to refute. I haven't even brought much in from the non Canon books, usually I show the a Canon scripture and a non Canon one to prove that they align.

You follow the OT. And Christ told the Jews that they were lied to. That they followed a deceiver. And those very books (of thought) were essential in killing Jesus. The Jews were ignorant (of truth) yet you believe that they are the word of God. They were a battle of angels, before truth.

Was God in the Burning Bush? Better tell Stephen. He backs up what I say about angels.

Acts:
30 And when forty years were expired, there appeared to him in the wilderness of mount Sina an angel of the Lord in a flame of fire in a bush.
31 When Moses saw it, he wondered at the sight: and as he drew near to behold it, the voice of the Lord came unto him,
32 Saying, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Then Moses trembled, and durst not behold.
33 Then said the Lord to him, Put off thy shoes from thy feet: for the place where thou standest is holy ground.
34 I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send thee into Egypt.
35 This Moses whom they refused, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a judge? the same did God send to be a ruler and a deliverer by the hand of the angel which appeared to him in the bush.

There is only Christ, who taught us the way. There is nothing in the OT that shows the way, or the Jews would have known it. They wanted a worldly warrior.

I wish you would use Gospel scriptures (as I do) to make your point. Use the OT if you like. But most of all open your mind to see all things before just following a gang who created creeds. Creeds aren't scriptural. They are beliefs of understanding. Based on what a few want the many to see.

"There is nothing in the OT that shows the way"?

Why did Jesus say the Scriptures (by which He meant the OT) point to Him?

And you are free to deny it, but claiming the serpent in the garden was the one truly helping Adam and Eve and telling them the truth, is Luciferianism.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Here you say it clearly, for the first time. Post #184. There is a lot of wasted time, space, and effort until we finally get to what you want to talk about. In all that time, I saw the attack on Catholics. Others have seen it too. I have already gone to some length to defend these flaws in your argument. God wants obedience more than sacrifice, as you know. If we, in our hearts, know that something is wicked, we know not to do it, even if there is nothing about it in the Scriptures. Computer hacking is not mentioned at all in the Bible. But we know that it is wicked, so we don't do it, although some may be tempted to do so.

Now, about abstaining from meat on Friday--It was never called the black fast (going back to the 3rd post) by any except Protestants and others who wanted to eat meat on Friday. (BTW, the black fast was eating nothing, not just abstaining from meat.) It is a discipline. It has always been a discipline, and not a mandate. Eastern Churches fast and abstain much more than ANY western church, INCLUDING the RCC!

Forbidding to marry AFTER Ordination is a similar discipline, and nobody has to take that step unless they are SURE that God wants them to. But once ordained, be it to the diaconate or priesthood, you MAY NOT MARRY. Everybody knows the rules. If you don't like the rules, then don't try to join that club. And as I pointed it out earlier, Shakers did not allow marriage at all! How many Shaker churches are there in America? ONE!

I never brought up the Catholic Church. I responded to posts others had made.

If you had read the thread carefully, you would know that.

Now, I am done arguing with you about this. It is profiting no one.

Blessings.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monk Brendan

Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps no worries. I am another witness of the doctrines of demons, not being restricted only to the catholic church.

Since everything is supposed to be tested, according to God's Word,
and not believed nor accepted unless it passes the tests (of Scripture),

just lump the whole world in one big basket, and all the religious groups all together, until
they can be tested, one by one, until one or more, if any , emerges clean and right and true to Scripture ,
which is what God's People are supposed to be/do/ stay.....

Okay Jeff, You go ahead and test everyone and everything. However, You are not called to judge, or be a "fruit inspector." Nor am I. I will attempt to continue on, going as I have, being obedient to my monastic superior and to God. If Fr. Basil says something against the Bible, I call him on it, and point it out.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
"There is nothing in the OT that shows the way"?

Why did Jesus say the Scriptures (by which He meant the OT) point to Him?

And you are free to deny it, but claiming the serpent in the garden was the one truly helping Adam and Eve and telling them the truth, is Luciferianism.

I agree

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I didn't say that. I said that Eve embroidered the truth, (which she did) and that gave satan a toehold to tell just enough of the truth (you will not die, this will make you like God, in that you will know good from evil) to get them into trouble.

You have just called me, not only NOT a Christian (against the CF rules,) but a follower of satan).

How dare you! Apologize!

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately, there are things worth dividing over.

Oh? Salvation has divided you from the One True Church? That is a load of manure.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
If you know the answers before you ask, then you are close minded, to say the least. As far as the Catholic Church goes, it did not gather books and label them "word of God" The various Early Church leaders did that, and once they had decided which of the books had indeed been inspired by the Holy Spirit, they made a list of them.

Now, if you have rejected Orthodoxy, then you don't belong on this forum at all. This is Discussion and Debate (Christians only). What you are doing is wasting my time.

So I'm not a Christian? Why? I use the teaching of Christ Jesus and quote them and explain my view on them. You ask me not to judge you, then you judge me. Shame on you.

If you (or anyone) believes the Bible is the word of God, so be it. Jesus said that his words were life. He said that the Hebrews ate their bread and died. He said if we eat his bread (from heaven) we would gain life.

Chose your bread wisely.

Actually if anyone is lost here, it appears to be you. My words are controversial. If yours aren't, why are you here?

This is in no way about who achieves heaven or doesn't. If a mod see's me as a rule breaker or just hates me, and I am banned, so be it. I am not bothered one iota by what people call me or think of me. Jesus was called the devil (by the ignorant). Even on the cross Jesus said they didn't know what they were doing. Hey, lets go read and follow the OT. Sorry no. There is only one who spoke perfect truth.

That, my friend, is what I believe a true Christian is. One who forsakes all to follow Christ, mother, father, siblings, creeds, religions, all physical entities.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I didn't say that. I said that Eve embroidered the truth, (which she did) and that gave satan a toehold to tell just enough of the truth (you will not die, this will make you like God, in that you will know good from evil) to get them into trouble.

You have just called me, not only NOT a Christian (against the CF rules, but a follower of satan).

How dare you! Apologize!

I think the post was directed at someone else not you monk. Post 329

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

You are free to deny it, but I have ONLY spoken the truth and correct doctrine. You may choose to believe it or not. May God bless you richly.

YOU ARE ON IGNORE!

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That, my friend, is what I believe a true Christian is. One who forsakes all to follow Christ, mother, father, siblings, creeds, religions, all physical entities.

And I have spent 21 years in a monastery doing what?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

You have just called me, not only NOT a Christian (against the CF rules,) but a follower of satan).

How dare you! Apologize!

You do realize you quoted my response to someone else right?

Which confirms my suspicion that you are not carefully and fully reading my posts.

Here, let me clear this up for you.

As far as Eve, the gift of the spirit (from the Father) came from the Tree of Knowledge. Adam had never been given a spirit, just a soul. Jesus says that the spirit is what "makes us alive" and through the spirit we "will not taste death" if we follow him. The serpent was correct, the false god proven wrong. The "other" Gospels follow this, as well as the Canon Gospels and Paul.

This was who and what I was responding to, when I said:

The "Gospel of Thomas" is a non-Canonical (Gnostic) "gospel". It is with good reason it is not included in the Bible.

As for the last part of what you wrote, you have seriously deviated from the Biblical Christian faith. The serpent was a deceiver. You are bordering on some form of Luciferianism to even suggest that the serpent is the one that was correct, and that God was wrong to forbid Adam and Eve to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

I think you may also need to re-read the rules of this forum.

And later:

I wasn't even responding to you. But by all means, accuse me of doing so. It only shows you did not in fact take the time to read what I wrote.

And, yes, feel free to "ignore" me as well. We weren't having a civil conversation anyway, despite my best attempts, because you refused to consider what I was saying.

God bless.

• Prayers
Upvote 0