✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In total darkness...

Good point, but does it really say "total darkness"?

Also, the dude in the OP looks so un- Galilean (correct spelling?) that I think he would be distinct enough to spot in darkness.

• Useful
Reactions: IloveJesus-Ly
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,499.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 247771 View attachment 247770 These images were drawn by Akiane Kramarik who said god gave her these images to draw. Do you believe this is exactly what Jesus looked like?

No.

Firstly, why would God need anyone to know what his Son looked like; it is more important to him that we believe in him, John 6:40.
Secondly, it may just be me, but those pictures look different - I don't think the nose is the same.

• Useful
Upvote 0

IloveJesus-Ly

Jesus Christ died for our sins.
Dec 27, 2018
Kissimmee
✟15,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God is Spirit, John 4:24 - he does not have a physical image.
I mean the image he wants us to be in. Short hair for mean. Beard not to long etc. I think she would have drawn him with long hair like they normally do if she lied about it coming from God. But I had some good opinions so far about that. I look forward to your opinion about that.

• Informative
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟427,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
.....if she lied about it coming from God....
I think lots of people genuinely believe they are hearing God talking to them when they really arent.

And some are just plain lying.

Upvote 0

IloveJesus-Ly

Dec 27, 2018
Kissimmee
✟15,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think lots of people genuinely believe they are hearing God talking to them when they really arent.

And some are just plain lying.
Ok. I just wanted some proof of God really bad, even though I have faith in him.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,499.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I mean the image he wants us to be in. Short hair for mean. Beard not to long etc.

So you think God wants men to have short hair and beards - as long as neither are too long? Why do you think that?

The Holy Spirit lives in us to transform us into Jesus' likeness, 2 Corinthian 3:18. But that doesn't mean physical likeness - apart from anything else, that would exclude women.

I think she would have drawn him with long hair like they normally do if she lied about it coming from God.

Personally I doubt that God would give anyone a photofit picture of what Jesus looked like.
We have the accounts of his teaching and miracles in the Bible - that should be enough, and Scripture says that we live by faith and NOT by sight, 2 Corinthians 5:7.

I'm not going to say that God categorically cannot work in that way - he can use whatever, and whomever, he chooses to get his message across. But the problem is that we only have this woman's word; one person saying "God told me". With respect, anyone can say that - I've read of people approaching authors/songwriters with the words "God gave me this poem/book/song". I've heard that someone applied for a job saying "God told me he is giving me this job" (he didn't get it), and I was once told by a boyfriend, "God has told me to break up with you."
This lady might be very sincere that what she drew came from God, but how are WE to know that?

And - bottom line, does it matter?
Christians already follow Jesus, and I'm not sure any non Christians are going to start because someone says, "here, this is what he looked like".

Upvote 0

IloveJesus-Ly

Dec 27, 2018
Kissimmee
✟15,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you think God wants men to have short hair and beards - as long as neither are too long? Why do you think that?

The Holy Spirit lives in us to transform us into Jesus' likeness, 2 Corinthian 3:18. But that doesn't mean physical likeness - apart from anything else, that would exclude women.

Personally I doubt that God would give anyone a photofit picture of what Jesus looked like.
We have the accounts of his teaching and miracles in the Bible - that should be enough, and Scripture says that we live by faith and NOT by sight, 2 Corinthians 5:7.

I'm not going to say that God categorically cannot work in that way - he can use whatever, and whomever, he chooses to get his message across. But the problem is that we only have this woman's word; one person saying "God told me". With respect, anyone can say that - I've read of people approaching authors/songwriters with the words "God gave me this poem/book/song". I've heard that someone applied for a job saying "God told me he is giving me this job" (he didn't get it), and I was once told by a boyfriend, "God has told me to break up with you."
This lady might be very sincere that what she drew came from God, but how are WE to know that?

And - bottom line, does it matter?
Christians already follow Jesus, and I'm not sure any non Christians are going to start because someone says, "here, this is what he looked like".
Thank you for the good response.
Congradulations on you having a boyfriend. Unfortunatly It is impossible for me to ever experience a true girlfriend or marriage unless God makes it so. I am mentally challenged.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,210,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; it's subjectively determined.
What seems unremarkable to one person could stop traffic to someone else.
I would add that exterior beauty -- like icing on a cake -- isn't absolutely essential.

However
, just going by my own spiritual experiences, the love I had for God was definitely reinvigorated upon having a beautiful image associated with Him. Up to that point, I knew He was beautiful on the inside, and that would've been just fine leaving it at that. But when I became really convinced that He's just as gorgeous on the outside, it was like a B-12 shot in the arm.

I mean, in theory, He's likely the most gloriously beautiful entity one will ever lay eyes on, no doubt. That's probably why we can't see Him, because if we did our eyes would pop, and who has time to clean that all up? :D

But believing He's physically beautiful in theory and having a concrete image of beauty with which to associate Him are completely different experiences.

Just think of what an impact worldly beauty has on the heart. People can fall in love with each other based just on good looks alone. Now, why on earth would I let mere mortal beings have that kind of an advantage and not God? Such attraction benefits mortal relationships, why shouldn't it be permitted to benefit what should be The Most Important Relationship, the relationship with God? Why omit it based on some sterile, sanitized, churchy-saintly insistence upon seeing through the glass darkly and only darkly? Personally, I'm not much into such voluntary blindness.

If an image helps, I say go for it. God is the Author of all appearances, so whatever beauty you find has His watermark on it and was His beauty all along. He's just lending it out to folks. :)

"Know that all beautiful, glorious, and mighty creations spring from but a spark of My splendor." -- Bhagavad Gita 10:41

Just my 2.5 cents on that whole ball o' wax. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the love I had for God was definitely reinvigorated upon having a beautiful image associated with Him. Up to that point, I knew He was beautiful on the inside, and that would've been just fine leaving it at that. But when I became really convinced that He's just as gorgeous on the outside, it was like a B-12 shot in the arm.

God is not physical. He can't be seen in the way that physical objects can.

God the Son took on a physical form when He was incarnated as Jesus, but the Bible does not indicate that that was a "beautiful" form (on the contrary, in fact). And Jesus's physical appearance is not important.

"Know that all beautiful, glorious, and mighty creations spring from but a spark of My splendor." -- Bhagavad Gita 10:41

That's a Hindu work, not a Christian one.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,499.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
However, just going by my own spiritual experiences, the love I had for God was definitely reinvigorated upon having a beautiful image associated with Him. Up to that point, I knew He was beautiful on the inside, and that would've been just fine leaving it at that. But when I became really convinced that He's just as gorgeous on the outside, it was like a B-12 shot in the arm.

God is Spirit, John 4:24 - he has no physical image.
Ezekiel and John describe having seen visions of God - like a very bright light, radiant, dazzling. Ezekiel 1:27-28; Revelations 1:13-16. John also says that God is light, 1 John 1:5.
After looking at only God's "back", Moses' face was so bright that it shone, and he had to wear a veil so the Israelites could look at him, Exodus 34:29-35.

There is no passage in Scripture that describes God as looking "gorgeous". When Jesus was on earth, people were able to look at God; in the OT there was the belief that if someone saw God they would die. Jesus was God with a human face so that people could look at him, talk to him and not be scared.
God in all his splendour and majesty is awesome. Ezekiel and John describe the figure they saw as being LIKE a man, but God is Spirit and has no form - certainly not one that we can look at and say "he's gorgeous".

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,210,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
God is not physical. He can't be seen in the way that physical objects can.

God the Son took on a physical form when He was incarnated as Jesus, but the Bible does not indicate that that was a "beautiful" form (on the contrary, in fact). And Jesus's physical appearance is not important.

That's a Hindu work, not a Christian one.
God is Spirit, John 4:24 - he has no physical image.
Ezekiel and John describe having seen visions of God - like a very bright light, radiant, dazzling. Ezekiel 1:27-28; Revelations 1:13-16. John also says that God is light, 1 John 1:5.
After looking at only God's "back", Moses' face was so bright that it shone, and he had to wear a veil so the Israelites could look at him, Exodus 34:29-35.

There is no passage in Scripture that describes God as looking "gorgeous". When Jesus was on earth, people were able to look at God; in the OT there was the belief that if someone saw God they would die. Jesus was God with a human face so that people could look at him, talk to him and not be scared.
God in all his splendour and majesty is awesome. Ezekiel and John describe the figure they saw as being LIKE a man, but God is Spirit and has no form - certainly not one that we can look at and say "he's gorgeous".
If all that works for you, more power to ya! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,499.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If all that works for you, more power to ya! :D

It's Biblical.
It's not a matter of it "working for me"; it's what God says, and I believe what's written in the Bible.

We live by faith, not by sight, 2 Corinthians 5:7. If we could see what God looked like, there'd be no need for faith - we'd be able to see.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,210,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's Biblical.
It's not a matter of it "working for me"; it's what God says, and I believe what's written in the Bible.

We live by faith, not by sight, 2 Corinthians 5:7. If we could see what God looked like, there'd be no need for faith - we'd be able to see.
Like I said, more power to you!
I hope the lack of argumentation from me isn't too disappointing. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.