Do you think that homosexuals go to hell 2

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Then post a quote that contradicts this. As for culture, if bibles can change according to cultures, point to where the bible says that.
Who was Leviticus addressed to and for what purpose? The Levite priesthood of the Ancient Israelites on ritual practices and prohibitions against doing what the Egyptians and Canaanites were doing. What is the context of Leviticus 18:22? Pagan worship rituals and sacrifice to Molech. And it only refers to men, not women. None of which has any application to anyone in the modern world, especially Christians, yet Christians condemn gays with Leviticus constantly, while ignoring the fact that they don't follow 90% of Leviticus.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So people confessing, repenting and allowing god into their life, on their deathbed. Had the best of both worlds.

That's what I never understood about the RCC. They were big on confessing and repenting. Giving the evil the opportunity to throw off guilt and carry on hurting others.

Each of us confesses and repents to God. If there are people who are confessing and repenting without meaning it, that is not for us to worry about in the sense that God knows every man's heart. They may tell themselves that they are getting away with something, but when they meet Jesus face-to-face He will know all.

Some people think it's all about saying the words, but God makes it clear that He wants us to have a clean heart and when we do wrong or sin, it should be heart-felt repentence to God.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So people confessing, repenting and allowing god into their life, on their deathbed. Had the best of both worlds.

That's what I never understood about the RCC. They were big on confessing and repenting. Giving the evil the opportunity to throw off guilt and carry on hurting others.

Best of both worlds? Wow you have a different view of what living in sin is like and the value of freedom. To me I'd rather live life to the fullest with Christ in me then play with darkness up until the 11th hour.

God has said there are certain things that will not inherit the kingdom of God. I fear God enough now to want to stay away, not "enjoy" them.

Upvote 0

paulm50

Feb 5, 2014
✟2,061.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Each of us confesses and repents to God. If there are people who are confessing and repenting without meaning it, that is not for us to worry about in the sense that God knows every man's heart. They may tell themselves that they are getting away with something, but when they meet Jesus face-to-face He will know all.

Some people think it's all about saying the words, but God makes it clear that He wants us to have a clean heart and when we do wrong or sin, it should be heart-felt repentence to God.

Best of both worlds? Wow you have a different view of what living in sin is like and the value of freedom. To me I'd rather live life to the fullest with Christ in me then play with darkness up until the 11th hour.
What is living in sin. Living to the rules of the OT, NT or the ones passed down by various churches. some have some strange ideas of what's needed to get into god's good books.
God has said there are certain things that will not inherit the kingdom of God. I fear God enough now to want to stay away, not "enjoy" them.
God has said nothing, his representatives say everything, and none of them seem to have bring the same message. Many bring false messages as the bible warns.

And then those messages are so flexible, they have changed over times. What was needed to get into god's good books is very different to what's needed today. Once I had to kill gays, now I can love them, once women were not allowed to speak in church, now they can.

So to make it clear, I do not deny the existence of god. You need to prove which one is the right one. RCC, Protestant, Adventist, Witness, Mormon, Judaic, Muslim, and others.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat

By the English wording, no one will inherit the Kingdom.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What is living in sin. Living to the rules of the OT, NT or the ones passed down by various churches. some have some strange ideas of what's needed to get into god's good books.God has said nothing, his representatives say everything, and none of them seem to have bring the same message. Many bring false messages as the bible warns.

And then those messages are so flexible, they have changed over times. What was needed to get into god's good books is very different to what's needed today. Once I had to kill gays, now I can love them, once women were not allowed to speak in church, now they can.

So to make it clear, I do not deny the existence of god. You need to prove which one is the right one. RCC, Protestant, Adventist, Witness, Mormon, Judaic, Muslim, and others.
I can understand why you have questions. I really can. But if you do not think that the Bible is the authority, than there is nothing to base which is the right church off of.

You are in essence (I don't know if you realize it or not) setting up a no win situation for yourself.

Also, you are including other religions (ie.. Muslim, Judaic) which have little to do with Christianity as well as what many do not consider to be part of the Christian family, per se which are Jehovah Witnesses.

Now again, I understand your having questions, but these need to be put forth in relation to Christianity.

So if you want to start naming off different kinds of Christian churches (I will help you get started), Baptist, Pentecostal, Roman Catholic, Orthodox, Non-Denominational (which is a big group with varied beliefs) for a few, than it is a basis for asking how beliefs differ.

I just want to put you on the right path in asking your questions that you will get the type of answers that you are seeking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry, a careful reading of the original scripture does not support your views. And one can't repent of being a homosexual, anymore than one can repent of being black or Jewish. There are many gays that are good Christians and try to live a righteous life. But that isn't going to turn them straight.

Please read the OP again. Perhaps you misunderstood what was posted?

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm afraid we all need to take another look at what the apostles meant regarding to homosexually and if it calls them to deserve hell while we do not. Threee hundred years ago, Bible expositor Matthew Henry, linked Paul's idolatry argument in Ro-mans 1:27 to ancient Israel's idolatry and shrine prostitution. Believing that Paul was addressing shrine prostitution and idolatry is not gays trying to alibi our sin. It is basic Bible truth, taught by conservative Bible commentators and preachers for almost 2000 years.

"In Isaiah's time it (idolatry) abounded, witness the abominable idolatries of Ahaz (which some think are particularly referred to here - Isaiah 57) and of Manasseh.

1. They were dotingly fond of their idols, were inflamed with them, as those that burn in unlawful unnatural lusts, Ro-mans 1:27. They were mad upon their idols, Jeremiah 50:38. They inflamed themselves with them by their violent passions in the worship of them, as those of Baal's prophets that leaped upon the altar, and cut themselves, 1 Kings 18:26,28… Justly therefore were they given up to their own hearts' lusts. Matthew Henry's Complete Commentary on the Bible, Isaiah 57.
Sources are found here: http://www.gaychristian101.com/Romans-1.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
For me, the issue comes down to sin. We know the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

To concentrate on a sin or the sin of others is taking our eyes off of ourselves and what we CAN do to speculate about what is God's decision in the end and God knows the heart of EACH person so people are judged individually, not in a group.

Our place is to point out sin to people who do not know that they are in sin. As individuals. Not as a mass group of human beings that none of us who are not homosexual really understand what they are going through. We should not minimize their struggle, because it is a struggle. We are to point out sin. After that, once someone knows it is a sin, it is back in the court of the individual as how they are going to handle that situation with God. We cannot make decisions for them, nor should we. God gave us all free choice and they do have that right, from creation to make that choice.

Our place is as servants. Not as judges. Yes homosexual activity and lusting is a sin, but lusting after someone you are not married to is a sin in itself.

So let's remove the part of this where we target a certain group based on an additional sin of homosexuality, say it is a sin and then move on to sexual sin in general that we can all be having problems with, IMHO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

paulm50

Feb 5, 2014
✟2,061.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
I can understand why you have questions. I really can. But if you do not think that the Bible is the authority, than there is nothing to base which is the right church off of.

You are in essence (I don't know if you realize it or not) setting up a no win situation for yourself.

Also, you are including other religions (ie.. Muslim, Judaic) which have little to do with Christianity as well as what many do not consider to be part of the Christian family, per se which are Jehovah Witnesses.

Now again, I understand your having questions, but these need to be put forth in relation to Christianity.

So if you want to start naming off different kinds of Christian churches (I will help you get started), Baptist, Pentecostal, Roman Catholic, Orthodox, Non-Denominational (which is a big group with varied beliefs) for a few, than it is a basis for asking how beliefs differ.

I just want to put you on the right path in asking your questions that you will get the type of answers that you are seeking.
Which bible, as so many claim to be the right one. If only the Christian ones, can you show why please. And does it apply to all the Christian sub sects that have different rules.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Which bible, as so many claim to be the right one. If only the Christian one, can you show why please.

If you desire or if any of us desires to, the Bible can be traced back to the original language and there are many resources for doing this. This is the best way to read the Bible.

I'm sure that you can understand when anything is written in an original language (Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic) that to translate that into English is difficult. There are many VERSIONS of the BIble that have been translated to English with different levels of ease as far as the English language is concerned. Some try to put the words in very 'today' language usage, others stay very close to the writing style of the original language.

You can see for yourself a list of the different versions (English language translations) on this site. Notice that the Bible itself is not changed, but the ease of understanding as to the English language. http://biblehub.com/genesis/1-1.htm Note the small difference in words used.

I think that is what you are referring to.

Then you can see for yourself that the Bible is not so much changed or who has the best or right version, but the level of understanding and use of words in translation.

This is an excellent resource, Biblehub using the Parallel feature which lists the different versions. I recommend it.

They are not different 'Bibles' per se.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
If you desire or if any of us desires to, the Bible can be traced back to the original language and there are many resources for doing this. This is the best way to read the Bible.
But the original language and context doesn't support what you guys think it supports. If you guys truly cared about the original meanings, you wouldn't hold the view you do.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But the original language and context doesn't support what you guys think it supports. If you guys truly cared about the original meanings, you wouldn't hold the view you do.
That seems like an odd comment since you are not pointing out any specific doctrine but making a general statement. Seems if you were seriously trying to address something it would be specific and more than two vague sentences. Ask questions if you have a specific point. Thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stevenfrancis

Disciple
Dec 28, 2012
United States
Visit site
✟40,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyone who doesn't come into agreement with God about what sin is, is in rebellion against God, and anyone who doesn't confess and have a repentant heart is in danger of hell, including gays...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
By the English wording, no one will inherit the Kingdom.

That is silly. The gate is narrow, not impossible. Is the teaching difficult and you want to leave too, or are you like Peter who said 'where are we to go, we've left everything?'

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Actually both do, and this has been pointed out many times.

Upvote 0

cedric1200

Jesus is King
Sep 6, 2014
Colville, WA
✟16,909.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is it your idea, then, that we ought to encourage sin?
I have said many times, in these forums, and in real life, that sin...any sin, not just this one...is hard to overcome.
But, with the Lord's help, it can be done.
I'll be the first one to sympathize with the plight of someone who finds him/herself attracted to his/her own sex...I can't even imagine how difficult that must be. Especially in these days, when so many people are "accepting" of gays. How much harder is it to fight sin in yourself when the society you live in approves of that sin?
But I can't tell him or her to go ahead and indulge their flesh, can I? It is a sin, just as surely as molesting a child, or partying down with a goat, or getting it on with a corpse, or any other sexual perversion is a sin...yes, and just as sickening to God.
No, I guess not. I guess Christians are suppose to expose sin.

Ephesians 5
10trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord. 11Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them;12for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret.…

Upvote 0