Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sex is a behavior, being gay is an orientation. One can repent of their behaviors, but not their orientation. And nothing in the Bible afaik forbids any specific sexual practices with women. Nor are lesbians condemned/mentioned in any biblical verse, except the questionable Romans reference. Women were viewed as property in those days. Their sexual proclivities outside of pagan worship were pretty much irrelevant, which is why there is no emphasis on women laying with women. It's a cultural issue, not a moral one.

Spiritual issues are not cultural issues. Perverted sex is sin. God has condoned sex between man and woman.

Upvote 0

D. A. Taylor

Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Kingman, AZ
Visit site
✟24,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's not an opinion, it's a scientific fact. Even the most devout of Christians who have tried to turn straight, have failed after years and years of prayer and methods to do it. Jesus says gays are born that way.

Would you please provide a scripture showing that Jesus said gays are born that way?

Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Teller of tales, writer of poems, singer of songs
Mar 1, 2015
Following a Jewish Carpenter
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Even if you could prove that homosexuals are "born that way", it wouldn't make any difference.
Don't you get it that we are all "born into sin"? The pathological liar, the kleptomaniac, the child molester...even the serial killer...they can all claim that they were "born that way".
Paul himself had trouble fighting his sinful desires, whatever they might have been:

Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Sin is something we must all fight in ourselves. It is lazy to say of your sin "I was born this way" and just give in to it...and, it doesn't matter what your particular sin is...whether it is being homosexual, or whether it is shoplifting at WalMart...that attitude is going to land you somewhere where you do not want to be...

Reactions: KIRKBIBLE
Upvote 0

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We have to come in agreement with God on what sin is and confess and try to repent...

If I said my smoking cigarettes is not a sin, and I refused to confess and try my best to repent of it, then I would be in danger of going to hell...

Same goes for homosexuals, if they refuse to admit it's a sin and don't see any need to confess and try to repent of it, then their in danger of going to hell.

But, a homosexual who does feel sorry for and admits that his/her homosexuality is a sin, and confesses and does their best to repent of it, but just cant seem to (like my smoking cigarettes) but/and believes in Jesus Christ, we could see them in heaven...

God Bless!

Will I go to hell for drinking coffee?

Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Mar 1, 2015
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
The King James says:

Mat 19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it

The Strong's concordance shows the word translated as "eunuch"

G2135 (Strong)

εὐνοῦχος

eunouchos

yoo-noo'-khos

From εὐνή eunē (a bed) and G2192; a castrated person (such being employed in Oriental bed chambers); by extension an impotent or unmarried man; by implication a chamberlain (state officer): - eunuch.

So, I'm wondering...what has this to do with homosexuals?

Reactions: KIRKBIBLE
Upvote 0

paulm50

Feb 5, 2014
✟2,061.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
What has always amazed me about the bible's teaching on sex. Is that we were created to be sinful. Was god being cruel, playing a huge trick on us.

Or were old men trying to control us in the privacy of our bedroom?

The evidence of our sexual drives, needs, fulfillment, and pleasures is proven. So why make the actual moment of conception, essential for life, a sin?

Was it Paul who wrote a lot of this, a man who prefered a single life?

Any religion that castrates young men so the sing in a higher tone, then makes those men lovers for the male clergy, Has no place in my life.

TheBarrd, the problem is what version is right, which version can be verified in the original script and which version was the musing of the men writing them? The verse applies to Eunuchs, is there a version that says homosexuals? If not, we have to stick with the words written.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nomadictheist

Alive in Christ
Feb 8, 2014
Home
✟21,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What has always amazed me about the bible's teaching on sex. Is that we were created to be sinful. Was god being cruel, playing a huge trick on us.

The evidence of our sexual drives, needs, fulfillment, and pleasures is proven. So why make the actual moment of conception, essential for life, a sin?

Any religion that castrates young men so the sing in a higher tone, then makes those men lovers for the male clergy, Has no place in my life.

TheBarrd, the problem is what version is right, which version can be verified in the original script and which version was the musing of the men writing them? The verse applies to Eunuchs, is there a version that says homosexuals? If not, we have to stick with the words written.
What makes you think the bible says sex is a sin?

Upvote 0

nomadictheist

Alive in Christ
Feb 8, 2014
Home
✟21,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sex between married couple (male and female) is only condoned. Apart from this, it is sinful.
I don't remember saying otherwise. If you read the post that I replied to the author said that God "created us to be sinful" and that the "moment of conception is a sin." So you didn't answer my question. Where does the bible say sex is sinful?

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
So, I'm wondering...what has this to do with homosexuals?
In the Roman Empire, there were several categories of Eunuchs, Spadones, Thladiae, Thlibiae, Castrati, etc. In Matthew, Jesus describes 3 types. Those who made themselves Eunuchs refers to people like priests/nuns who followed a calling and were blessed with the gift of celibacy to better serve the Kingdom. Those who were made Eunuchs were castrated males or those whose genitals were bruised/crushed (Thladiae, Thlibiae). Eunuchs who were born that way are males who are unwilling or have no desire to pursue women. A look through ancient writings referring to Eunuchs shows a lot of references to males who are capable of having children, but have no desire to be with women. Many times they were even described using stereotypes used against gays today.

Clement of Alexandria stated: "Some men, from their birth, have a nature to turn away from women; and those who are naturally constituted in this way do well not to marry. These, they say, are the eunuchs from birth."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheBarrd

Mar 1, 2015
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

I've never heard of a version that puts homosexuals in that verse, but then there are probably versions I have not read...I can't keep up with all of them, nor do I intend to try.
We can look at the original Greek word used in that passage, and see that it referred to a eunuch, not to a homosexual.

I don't think that it was ever anyone's intention to keep us from enjoying sex...but only to channel that enjoyment into a loving and sexually satisfying relationship between one man and one woman.
We see the results of out-of-control sex all over the place...and it isn't pretty.
The idea that humans ought to conduct our sex lives like a bunch of animals just doesn't make good sense to me at all.
What the heck is wrong with committing your love to just one person?

Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Mar 1, 2015
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In the Roman Empire, there were several categories of Eunuchs, Spadones, Thladiae, Thlibiae, Castrati, etc. In Matthew, Jesus describes 3 types. Those who made themselves Eunuchs refers to people like priests/nuns who followed a calling and were blessed with the gift of celibacy to better serve the Kingdom. Those who were made Eunuchs were castrated males or those whose genitals were bruised/crushed (Thladiae, Thlibiae). Eunuchs who were born that way are males who are unwilling or have no desire to pursue women. A look through ancient writings referring to Eunuchs shows a lot of references to males who are capable of having children, but have no desire to be with women. Many times they were even described using stereotypes used against gays today.

Clement of Alexandria stated: "Some men, from their birth, have a nature to turn away from women; and those who are naturally constituted in this way do well not to marry. These, they say, are the eunuchs from birth."
I very much doubt that Jesus had read Clement of Alexandria's comments. I'm pretty sure that when He said what He said, that He was referring to eunuchs, not gay men.
The Bible very clearly condemns gay sex. It is a perversion of the natural sex drive, just like any other perversion.
Now, I do understands that Biblical laws only apply to those of us who are Christians, and that we can't always expect secular law to reflect God's law...more's the pity...but God's law does state that homosexuality is a sin.
Being "born that way" is no excuse...we were all born into sin. We all have our cross to bear...but if we love the One Who shed His blood for us on Calvary, we will, with His help, strive to put our sins away from us.
I know it has been difficult for gays. It is also difficult for kleptomaniacs, or for pathological liars...sin is not an easy thing to fight. But the battle is worth winning...

Upvote 0

paulm50

Feb 5, 2014
✟2,061.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Mar 1, 2015
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't remember saying otherwise. If you read the post that I replied to the author said that God "created us to be sinful" and that the "moment of conception is a sin." So you didn't answer my question. Where does the bible say sex is sinful?

Sorry, I jumped into the thread midway. Sex related to adultery, pre-marital sex, fornication, inappropriate behavior with animals, homosexuality, lustful acts etc. are sinful.

Upvote 0