Not open for further replies.

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
.... what exactly is the difference, then, between homosexuality and homosexual sex? I'm not really understanding it.
Homosexuality is an orientation. It refers to one's emotional/romantic/sexual attractions, regardless of one's actions. A celibate homosexual is still homosexual, despite never engaging in homosexual acts.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
And, how DOES God feel about all this chicanery?
I think God is deeply saddened how much harm his Christian followers have caused to LGBT people. In fact, my personal thoughts are the LGBTs are one of God's tests on his followers to see if they can follow his commands to love and not judge in the face of something people don't understand and many don't like. Obviously lots of people are failing that test and will be held accountable for it.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
If homosexuals continue homosexual sex until the Lord comes they are doomed yes. That's not my opinion but Gods'. Read it for yourself: 1 Cor. 6: 9-10, Rom. 1: 26,27; 1 Tim. 1:10, Rev. 21 8; Lev. 18: 22, 29, 30.
This is false. None of those verses refer to modern day homosexuals, neither the Old Testament, Timothy, or Corinthians even mention gay women, and since when do Christians cling to Leviticus? By your logic, all Christians are doomed for wearing mixed fabrics and working on the Sabbath. Such hypocrisy.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, Paul warned the church that the practicing homosexual will go to hell. This is scary for me. I am a homosexual. I do not however engage, except through fantasy and lust. I am trying to repent, but it is so hard for me.

I gave up inappropriate content, but I still lust. I have been lusting for years.
No, Paul did not. Corinthians didn't mention homosexuals for the first 1940 years of Christianity.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi, Cedric :) I am Bill :) God bless you :) Jesus Christ is the Lord of all, and Jesus died on the cross for all of us, because Jesus has hope for you as much as for anyone else. So, Jesus has more hope for you, than you have for yourself ! ! !

So, make sure you have trusted in Christ (Ephesians 1:12). Trust God to make you able to surrender to Him and submit to Him in His peace. His peace is almighty, strong enough to make you safe from evil desires and feelings and thoughts which would mess with you (Philippians 4:6-7).

And . . . "by the way" . . . :) we all need a lot more correction, than to only get free of lusts.

And I offer, that any lust can be very convincing and dominating and driving so we feel we can't make it go away. But God can easily and breezily and beautifully make Satanic things flee from us.

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)

I have been a perpetual bully who had hobbies in other cruel things; I was so Satanic, that I found my cruel activities to be entertaining. And I have given in to various immoral and perverted things. After doing evil on purpose, I became a devout person in a religion witch boasts itself to be better than all the rest, and during that I could become a mess of worry and painful social self-consciousness while into that religion the way I was.

And cruel and conceited ideas, and sexually evil thoughts and feelings can still come back, but God has in moments made any of that stuff go away - - He has cleared me so well, that moments later I would forget I had the problem, and I would "need" to be reminded that He made them go away, so I could thank Him :)

So, it is not about how able you are, but how God is able (1 Peter 5:7).

And what has helped me has not been only finding ways and methods for how I should defend and discipline myself, but to seek God to correct and cure my character so I am immune to sickly evil stuff. But this comes with growing in His love which makes us immune even like He is >

"Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)

As I have kept dealing with how the Bible says to relate in love with people, I have gotten stronger in God's love. And His strength is in His all-loving and generously forgiving love, so that evil and cruel and lustful things can not get the better of me and my attention, even.

One thing that can help is >

"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation,"

This is in Philippians 2:14-16. Instead of feeding on your failure and how you could go to hell, feed on things like this, in the Bible. And, "of course", make sure you have first trusted in Christ (Ephesians 1:12), so you can get started in this, the way Jesus will take us >

"'Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29)

If we have trusted in Jesus, and not only copy-catted what others tell us to do, Jesus will do this with us; God does succeed in us, so that "as He is, so are we in this world," John clearly says in 1 John 4:17. So, do not accept any failure and excuses! But we keep confessing however we do fail, but keep trusting how God succeeds.

And feed on all the other things the Bible says about how we all need correction; do not get focused only on the sexual issue things. There is a lot more needed, and it has to do with how God's love will have us become, in personal and sensitive sharing with Him while we obey how He rules us in His own peace > Colossians 3:15 > and how His love has us tenderly relating with one another (Ephesians 4:31-5:2), while loving any and all people who do not know God (Matthew 5:46), having hope for any evil person, at all, to become adopted to join us as family > love "hopes all things" (in 1 Corinthians 13:7).

So, don't be tricked into only being concerned about gay stuff > that can be a decoy to keep your attention away from all the correction and all the good which our Father has for us through Jesus His own Son :)

So, by the way, this all feeds to answer the question about if gays will go to hell. Hebrews 12:4-11 clearly says that if we do not get our Father's correction, "you are illegitimate and not sons". So, seek our Father for all His correction, and not only for some one or two things which are getting a lot of attention.

"Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." (Hebrews 12:9-11)

So, our Father's correction cures our nature so we become "partakers of His holiness", and this is in His own love's "peaceable fruit of righteousness". This holiness and peaceable fruit of righteousness in our hearts makes us ready to share with our Groom Jesus and each other, for all eternity. So, if gays or anyone else are "without" this correction, it says "you are illegitimate and not sons". And to me this means a person could go to hell, if he or she does not get started to submit to our Father's correction. So, committed gays are not the only ones who have not obeyed how our Father corrects us, in His preparation to have us with Him for all eternity.

So, instead of only worrying about if you could go to hell . . . trust in Jesus and submit to our Father for this correction; and actively keep seeking Him for this correction, so we share in His own holiness of His love, and so we are enjoying the peace of His righteousness in us. God desires this for us; so He is the real Father, who loves us more than we care about our own selves; He is almightily able to succeed and He is committed to doing all His word means, with us > all He Himself understands His word to mean > Isaiah 55:11.

So, as much as we still will fail, confess this to God and keep trusting how He alone is able.
This is a beautiful post.

I felt it deserved a bump.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is false. None of those verses refer to modern day homosexuals, neither the Old Testament, Timothy, or Corinthians even mention gay women, and since when do Christians cling to Leviticus? By your logic, all Christians are doomed for wearing mixed fabrics and working on the Sabbath. Such hypocrisy.
What is your exegesis of Romans 1:26-27?

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
What is your exegesis of Romans 1:26-27?
Refers to Christians who turned away from God to go back to their pagan roots, and they started creating idols and statues to worship animals and nature over God. This worship involved prostitution in the temples of pagan gods. For their idolatry and rejection of him, God let them fall into their own hedonism and depravity. Just by pure logic and statistics, we know that at least 90-95% of Paul's audience would have been heterosexual. This is further proven by Romans 2, where Paul declares everyone guilty of sinning against God and should not judge those he's speaking to in Romans 1. If Paul were condemning gays in Romans 1, logic would indicate he's calling his entire audience gay in Romans 2 which is just plain absurd.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No, Paul did not. Corinthians didn't mention homosexuals for the first 1940 years of Christianity.

Nope, simply not true...again. The english word was put in the Bible in the early 1900's but the original means exactly the same thing. Man with man, woman with woman.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Refers to Christians who turned away from God to go back to their pagan roots, and they started creating idols and statues to worship animals and nature over God. This worship involved prostitution in the temples of pagan gods. For their idolatry and rejection of him, God let them fall into their own hedonism and depravity.
I pretty much agree with this, I don't know for sure about temple prostitution but that seems like a logical deducted.
Just by pure logic and statistics, we know that at least 90-95% of Paul's audience would have been heterosexual.
Agreed.
This is further proven by Romans 2, where Paul declares everyone guilty of sinning against God and should not judge those he's speaking to in Romans 1.
Agreed.
If Paul were condemning gays in Romans 1, logic would indicate he's calling his entire audience gay in Romans 2 which is just plain absurd.
This is where we disagree. There are many sins listed there that God turned them over to besides verses 26-27. Unless one can say they have never done any of these as well.....then they can't judge themselves to be more righteous than someone else.

Rom 1:29 having been filled with all unrighteousness, whoredom, wickedness, covetousness, malice; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil dispositions; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 evil-speakers, God-haters, insulting, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 unintelligent, faithless, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful;

Thanks for your explanation. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Homosexuality is an orientation. It refers to one's emotional/romantic/sexual attractions, regardless of one's actions. A celibate homosexual is still homosexual, despite never engaging in homosexual acts.

So if I'm attracted to women, I'm an adulterer even if I don't engage in a relationship. Weird.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi Svt4Him,

In Christ you're not under the law, neither judged by the law of sin and death. You're free through the law of the Spirit of life in Jesus (Romans 8:2). We don't get tickets for breaking the law of sin. He leads us along the way of holiness, in the Spirit and not the flesh. In this grace God is working on our hearts to grow in Christ.

Yes, those in unbelief are condemned, because they are still in their sins; and the wages of sin is death. However Jesus did not judge them.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

So are you a worker of lawlessness? There are two extremes, legalism hidden as holiness and lawlessness hidden as grace.

God always presents a choice, and if we chose lawless over holiness, we reject Christ. We don't do works to earn salvation, but we don't continue in sin because of Grace, Christ rejects those.

And yes, He has already judged them. Don't stop at John 3:17 continue reading the same passage. Judge not is a misunderstood passage. Notice the story about having a plank in one's eye while your brother has a sliver in his? It doesn't say to ignore them both and hide behind grace, it says to remove them.

And yes, totally agree with Romans 8:2. But someone who is walking in sin is not walking in the Spirit. You may be different than me, but sometimes I walk in the flesh. I am trying not to, and by God's grace that's changing, but it still happens.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Nope, simply not true...again. The english word was put in the Bible in the early 1900's but the original means exactly the same thing. Man with man, woman with woman.
Wrong. There were already words in Greek that referred to homosexuality and Paul didn't use them. The Greek word Paul used cannot refer to women, since it specifically refers to male (singular). Just like absolutely no mention of gay women exists in the Old Testament. And Paul's word has never in classical literature been listed among sexual vice lists or sins. There is no evidence that Paul's statement in Corinthians has ever referred to homosexuality.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Wrong. There were already words in Greek that referred to homosexuality and Paul didn't use them. The Greek word Paul used cannot refer to women, since it specifically refers to male (singular). Just like absolutely no mention of gay women exists in the Old Testament. And Paul's word has never in classical literature been listed among sexual vice lists or sins. There is no evidence that Paul's statement in Corinthians has ever referred to homosexuality.

Simply not true, it's an exercise in exegeses gymnastics in order to promote an agenda.There was not an agenda to root out homosexuality in the early 1900's it wasn't an issue. So there was no bias in the use of the word. And man with man is pretty straight forward. Some adjust the Bible to fit their lifestyle, some adjust their lifestyle to fit the Bible. I'd want to be part of the second group.

http://www.gotquestions.org/arsenokoitai.html

HOMOSEXUALITY. See PROSTITUTION; PUNISHMENTS AND CRIMES; ROMANS, EPISTLE TO THE; and SEX AND SEXUALITY.
ABD
μαλακός, ή, όν (s. two prec. entries; ‘soft’: Hom. et al.; ins, pap, LXX, Philo; Jos., Ant. 8, 72 βύσσος μ.; Mel., P. 80, 594 στρωμνῆς μ.) ① pert. to being yielding to touch, soft, of things: clothes (Hom. et al.; Artem. 1, 78 p. 73, 10 ἱματίων πολυτελῶν κ. μαλακῶν; PSI 364, 5 ἱμάτιον μαλ.) μ. ἱμάτια soft garments, such as fastidious people wear Lk 7:25. (τὰ) μ. soft clothes (Sb 6779, 57; s. λευκός 2, end) Mt 11:8ab. ② pert. to being passive in a same-sex relationship, effeminate esp. of catamites, of men and boys who are sodomized by other males in such a relationship, opp. ἀρσενοκοίτης (Dionys. Hal. 7, 2, 4; Dio Chrys. 49 [66], 25; Ptolem., Apotel. 3, 15, 10; Vett. Val. 113, 22; Diog. L. 7, 173; PHib 54, 11 [c. 245 B.C.] may have this mng.: a musician called Zenobius ὁ μαλακός [prob. with a sideline, according to Dssm., LO 131, 4—LAE 164, 4]. S. also a Macedon. ins in LDuchesne and CBayet, Mémoire sur une Mission au Mont Athos 1876 no. 66 p. 46; Plautus, Miles 668 …
BDAG
3120. μαλακός malakŏs, mal-ak-os´; of uncert. affin.; soft, i.e. fine (clothing); fig. a catamite:—effeminate, soft.
CDWGTHB
88.281 μαλακόςb, οῦ m: the passive male partner in homosexual intercourse—‘homosexual.’ For a context of μαλακόςb, see 1 Cor 6:9–10 in 88.280. As in Greek, a number of other languages also have entirely distinct terms for the active and passive roles in homosexual intercourse.
Louw-Nida
ἀρσενοκοίτης, ου, ὁ (ἄρσην ‘male’ + κοίτη ‘bed’; Bardesanes 719 Fgm. 3b 10, 25 p. 653 Jac. [in Eus., PE 6, 10, 25]; Anth. Pal. 9, 686, 5 and Cat. Cod. Astr. VIII/4 p. 196, 6 and 8 have the sp. ἀρρενοκοίτης; Theoph. Ant. 1, 2 [p. 60, 27]; in a vice list—ἀρσενοκοιτεῖν SibOr 2, 73; AcJ 36 [Aa II/1, 169]; cp. the association of ἄρσην and κοίτη Lev 20:13, s. Soph. Lex.: ἀ.= ὁ μετὰ ἄρσενος κοιμώμενος κοίτην γυναικείαν=‘one who has intercourse w. a man as w. a woman’; cp. the formation of μητροκοίτης [μήτηρ + κοίτη] ‘one who has intercourse w. his mother’ Hipponax 15, 2 Diehl3 [=Degani 20, 2]) a male who engages in sexual activity w. a pers. of his own sex, pederast 1 Cor 6:9 (on the impropriety of RSV’s ‘homosexuals’ [altered to ‘sodomites’ NRSV] s. WPetersen, VigChr 40, ’86, 187–91; cp. DWright, ibid. 41, ’87, 396–98; REB’s rendering of μαλακοὶ οὔτε ἀρσενοκοῖται w. the single term ‘sexual pervert’ is lexically unacceptable), of one who assumes the dominant role …
BDAG
733. ἀρσενοκοίτης arsĕnŏkŏitēs, ar-sen-ok-oy´-tace; from 730 and 2845; a sodomite:—abuser of (that defile) self with mankind.
CDWGTHB
88.280 ἀρσενοκοίτης, ου m: a male partner in homosexual intercourse—‘homosexual.’ οὐκ οἴδατε ὅτι … οὔτε μοιχοὶ οὔτε μαλακοὶ οὔτε ἀρσενοκοῖται … βασιλείαν θεοῦ κληρονομήσουσιν ‘don’t you know that … no adulterers or homosexuals … will receive the kingdom of God’ 1 Cor 6:9–10. It is possible that ἀρσενοκοίτης in certain contexts refers to the active male partner in homosexual intercourse in contrast with μαλακόςb, the passive male partner (88.281).
Louw-Nida
effeminate nor abusers of themselves with mankind KJV 1900, AV 1873
effeminate nor homosexuals NASB95
homosexuals nor sodomites NKJV
male prostitutes ... sodomites NRSV
male prostitutes or practice homosexuality NLT
men who have sex with men NIV
men who practice homosexuality ESV
passive homosexual partners nor dominant homosexual partners LEB
sexual perverts RSV
μαλακοὶ malakoi
μαλακός malakossoft; catamite
μαλακος malakos soft; catamite
JNPM adjective, nominative, plural, masculine
G3120 Greek Strong’s
LN 88.281 Louw-Nida
οὔτε oute
οὔτε outeneither; nor
ου ou not
τε te when
CLK conjunction, logical correlative
CLD conjunction, logical disjunctive
TN particle, negative
G3777 Greek Strong’s
LN 69.9 Louw-Nida
ἀρσενοκοῖται arsenokoitai
ἀρσενοκοίτης arsenokoitēssodomite
κειμαι keimai set; lie; place
αρσην arsēn male
NNPM noun, nominative, plural, masculine
G733 Greek Strong’s
LN 88.280 Louw-Nida
male homosexual noun
effeminate homosexual noun
Letter, Community 1 Corinthians
Body 1:10–15:58
Exhortation 5:1–12:31
Virtue/Vice List 6:9–11
Sexual immorality Cultural Concept
Homosexuality Cultural Concept
Idol worship Cultural Concept
Adultery Cultural Concept
Kingdom of God Cultural Concept
Semantic Feature
Category: List-Item
Semantic Feature
Category: List-Item
“passive homosexual partners” refers to:
A Person — Any human.
3 The two Greek terms translated by this phrase refer to the passive and active partners in consensual homosexual acts
y ch. 12:2; Eph. 2:2, 3; 4:22; 5:8; Col. 3:7; Titus 3:3
2 You know that nwhen you were pagans oyou were led astray to pmute idols, however you were led.
1 Corinthians 12:2
2 lin which you once walked, following the course of this world, following mthe prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in nthe sons of disobedience—
Ephesians 2:2
3 among whom we all once lived in othe passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body1 and the mind, and pwere by nature qchildren of wrath, like the rest of mankind.2
Ephesians 2:3
22 to oput off pyour old self,6 which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through qdeceitful desires,
Ephesians 4:22

Upvote 0

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

When God calls something an "Abomination", that means it is something that He feels very strongly about, something that offends Him.

Do you think He'd use such harsh words for something He doesn't really care about, other than for His chosen people to set themselves aside from everybody else?

Please note, he called it an ABOMINATION. That's a pretty strong word. That, to me, says "I hate this thing, and I don't want anybody doing it, Jewish or Gentile".

Now, we have to ask ourselves as Christians... "Should we be doing anything that God labelled as an 'abomination'?"

God never called Stealing, or even Murder an "Abomination". He said "Thou shalt not kill" and "Thou shalt not steal." but yet He never called murder and stealing "Abomination".

Something tells me that He finds homosexual sex especially sickening and perverse, profane...

I don't know about you, friend, but I don't want God to feel sickened by my actions. I'm not going to sit here and go "oh, that's just Leviticus, that doesn't apply to us".

Yes, maybe Leviticus was Mosaic Law meant for the Jews... but when God says it is an "abomination", I ask myself, "do I really want to commit an 'abomination'?"

The answer is a resounding, "NO".

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

He didn't? Then please explain to me the meaning behind these verses:

1 Corinthians 6:9

And then it is mentioned in 1 Timothy 1:10 .

If that isn't talking about homosexual men, then what DOES it mean?

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
So if I'm attracted to women, I'm an adulterer even if I don't engage in a relationship. Weird.
Uh, no. Adultery refers to cheating on your spouse. If you're not married, you can't commit adultery.
He didn't? Then please explain to me the meaning behind these verses:

1 Corinthians 6:9

And then it is mentioned in 1 Timothy 1:10 .

If that isn't talking about homosexual men, then what DOES it mean?
The earliest use of the word in question involved economic sins, possibly involving prostitution considering how common it was among pagans and it's parallel reference to Leviticus' prohibition on pagan prostitution. Regardless, the word Paul used only refers to a singular male (Arseno). For that reason, Protestants and Martin Luther translated it as masturbaters for many years. But it cannot refer to women. Yet modern day Bibles have translated it as "homosexuals" which includes gay women, despite the originally word not referring to them. That shows clear bias on the part of the translators.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
When God calls something an "Abomination", that means it is something that He feels very strongly about, something that offends Him.

Do you think He'd use such harsh words for something He doesn't really care about, other than for His chosen people to set themselves aside from everybody else?

Please note, he called it an ABOMINATION. That's a pretty strong word. That, to me, says "I hate this thing, and I don't want anybody doing it, Jewish or Gentile".

Now, we have to ask ourselves as Christians... "Should we be doing anything that God labelled as an 'abomination'?"

God never called Stealing, or even Murder an "Abomination". He said "Thou shalt not kill" and "Thou shalt not steal." but yet He never called murder and stealing "Abomination".

Something tells me that He finds homosexual sex especially sickening and perverse, profane...

I don't know about you, friend, but I don't want God to feel sickened by my actions. I'm not going to sit here and go "oh, that's just Leviticus, that doesn't apply to us".

Yes, maybe Leviticus was Mosaic Law meant for the Jews... but when God says it is an "abomination", I ask myself, "do I really want to commit an 'abomination'?"

The answer is a resounding, "NO".
How many times do I have to repeat this. Abomination does not exist in Hebrew. That is not what the word in question means. God never called anything "abomination". The creators of the King James Bible did. There are 3 different words in Hebrew that were translated that way, and they don't all mean what abomination means in English. The original word does not carry the same morally evil connotation that we hold to "abomination". As I have pointed out, burning incense is an "abomination" according to the KJV. Are you really going to tell me that's a moral evil comparable to murder? Eating shellfish and wearing mixed fabrics are called an "abomination". Are they comparable to murder?

And if God finds homosexuality so sickening, why did he create the entire animal kingdom with homosexuals and bisexuals? Why are some humans biologically wired to be attracted to the same-sex? (And before you say he didn't or it was Satan, we have scientific evidence that shows it is part of nature and occurs before birth). And if it's so bad, why doesn't he change every gay person who has ever prayed to be straight? All overwhelming evidence in existence says he doesn't. Which means he has a purpose for it existing. God loves diversity. Homosexuality exists in all species. Hatred/disgust of homosexuality exists in only one. Sounds like the anti-gay view is what God truly finds sickening.

Reactions: MiniEmu
Upvote 0

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And if God finds homosexuality so sickening, why did he create the entire animal kingdom with homosexuals and bisexuals?

So basically, you're saying that it is OK to act like mundane animals, then?

We are not mundane animals, we are a special species, made in His image. We're supposed to be better than the rest of the animals; we're not meant to be doing the simple, base things they do. Animals act on instincts, Man is supposed to act on reason and morality.

Animals were not given morality or reason; they just do what they do.

And if you're using animals to justify homosexuality, then why not take it a step further and use the animal kingdom to justify inappropriate behavior with animals? How about Rape and Murder too, for good measure? There are many species of animals that will mate, even rape species not their own (try looking up otters sometime, for example. Male Otters regularly rape and even kill smaller female seals when there are no otter females around during mating season. They will even mate with corpses of female seals or otters after they've accidentally killed them in their instinctual haze.).

Are you saying that it is OK for us to do those things too, because animals do it?

Why are some humans biologically wired to be attracted to the same-sex? (And before you say he didn't or it was Satan, we have scientific evidence that shows it is part of nature and occurs before birth).

I'm sorry, I don't believe that. I've heard too many conversion stories from former homosexuals who say they were Healed of their immoral lusts for men by Christ Himself. That's what it is -- it is immoral lust. The "he was born with it" is a flat out excuse, and while we have the US Government today advocating immorality, who is to say the scientists aren't biased when trying to find excuses to justify it? Why not, we have an entire government trying to justify allowing people to wallow in immoral lust, so... *shrug* Goes right along with materialism, greed, and pride, right?

Whatever happened to "One Nation, under God"? I see the One Nation... but yet in the last 10 or so years, I sure don't see God at work in the government or in many of the 'elite' circles of the US with all of the sin everywhere. Looks to me they completely turned their backs on Him, but that's another subject for another time.

And if it's so bad, why doesn't he change every gay person who has ever prayed to be straight?

Depends. Did they truly want to become straight and wasn't just saying the prayers to satisfy their family members/fellow church-goers? Maybe 'becoming straight' isn't the remedy He had in mind? Maybe it takes time? Maybe he had a worse sin that God was more worried about at the time?

All overwhelming evidence in existence says he doesn't.

Evidence, such as....?

So far, you pointed out that "He doesn't instantly heal every gay person on the planet, so He must be OK with it!"

Well, then, uh, He could have also snapped His fingers and erased all sin too... but He didn't, did He? Who are we to try to guess the reasons God has for doing, or not doing anything? He created all things, it is His business what He does with whom or what. He is sovereign and we are not to question Him or His motives.

Which means he has a purpose for it existing.

That's like saying He has a purpose for sin existing. He can turn evil around and use it for good purposes, but yet He doesn't create evil. Scripture is quite clear on that.

God loves diversity. Homosexuality exists in all species.

Again, mankind are not supposed to act like mundane animals. God set us apart; He gave us, and ONLY us the ability of reasoning and morality, and we are the only species He made in His image. We are not to compare ourselves to animals when it comes to base instinctual behaviors.

Doesn't the Bible say something about our sinful flesh, and its tendencies? This would include animalistic instincts, a lot of which are considered sin (our tendency to want to kill, rape, fornicate, etc).

Hatred/disgust of homosexuality exists in only one. Sounds like the anti-gay view is what God truly finds sickening.

Because only one of these species is capable of moral reasoning. Otters, dolphins, apes, etc don't have morals. They have instincts. They're not going to sit there and ponder whether or not what they are doing is good and evil. Only Man ate of the Fruit of The Knowledge of Good and Evil. Therefore, only Mankind has knowledge of Good and Evil.

And also...

Can you point out anywhere in the Bible where God said anywhere that marriage was for men to be married to men? Remember: Sexual relationships outside of marriage are ALWAYS sin.

Every single time you read about marriage in the Bible, it is always man+woman, and God said outright from the start that marriage is for a Man + Woman. He made Man and Woman for each other.

To have sex without marriage is fornication. Are you going to tell me that fornication is OK now too?

Even if homosexuality isn't a sin in of itself (I still think it is), it is at the very least fornication as the Bible does not, and has not ever given any indication whatsoever at all at SSM being allowed or practiced whatsoever.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And if God finds homosexuality so sickening, why did he create the entire animal kingdom with homosexuals and bisexuals? Why are some humans biologically wired to be attracted to the same-sex? (And before you say he didn't or it was Satan, we have scientific evidence that shows it is part of nature and occurs before birth). And if it's so bad, why doesn't he change every gay person who has ever prayed to be straight? All overwhelming evidence in existence says he doesn't. Which means he has a purpose for it existing. God loves diversity. Homosexuality exists in all species. Hatred/disgust of homosexuality exists in only one. Sounds like the anti-gay view is what God truly finds sickening.
With that reasoning God wants people to be sick and die because He didn't heal everyone.
It's flesh, our old nature. That can be heterosexuality and lust after more than only the one you're married to or homosexuality. If God hates it so that heterosexual men watch inappropriate content why did He make them like that? He had our old sin nature killed but almost noone believes that.

It's hate to lie to people that it's okay. I'm glad Rock Hudson repented and got saved on his death bed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.