Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, Paul warned the church that the practicing homosexual will go to hell. This is scary for me. I am a homosexual. I do not however engage, except through fantasy and lust. I am trying to repent, but it is so hard for me.

I gave up inappropriate content, but I still lust. I have been lusting for years.
No judgment from me, I'm straight and I have to deal with that as long as I'm single. Which may be for life.

Reactions: cedric1200
Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It seems incredible to me that so many who name the Name of Christ so readily condemn people of homosexual behavior, yet almost never have anything to say about inappropriate contentography, or unmarried sex, or adultery, or fornication, or divorce. If I browse through the entire forum on any given day, I'm certain to find scores of posts declaring how evil homosexuals are, and very, very few denouncing the other sins. No doubt, some will bristle at my inclusion of divorce in that list. Yet, Scripture no where says, "God hates homosexuality". But, it DOES say "God hates divorce". Is it just me that sees this as odd, and perhaps a bit hypocritical? And, how DOES God feel about all this chicanery?

Equally funny how you missed the post where this was actually just talked about. Seems you're looking for something that just isn't there. Weird.

Reactions: puppii
Upvote 0
Aug 24, 2014
✟8,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So if you speed here and get caught, $165 if under 40 km. Have I just judged you?

The condemnation you're under as a believer in Jesus is not from God. Guess where it comes from; guess who the police represents?

When you sin maybe you should flog yourself until your skin breaks (as Jesus endured), then kneel on concrete and pray for two hours. Maybe then you'll feel better about yourself.

Upvote 0

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The condemnation you're under as a believer in Jesus is not from God. Guess where it comes from; guess who the police represents?

Dude, I really don't wanna argue or judge you or cause any sort of strife, but...

What?

What exactly are you saying there? Police = Satan? I don't even get where you came at that conclusion. You do know that government (including despots and dictators) are God-ordained to keep order in society, right? Doesn't matter if you enjoy the cops and how they carry out their duties to uphold the law, we are morally obligated to follow man's laws (until or unless they conflict with God's).

So, if you accidentally break the law, and the punishment for doing so is $165... nobody is judging you by saying that the penalty for breaking the law is $165. They didn't say you broke the law, they said that if you did, the punishment would end up being $165.

When you sin maybe you should flog yourself until your skin breaks (as Jesus endured), then kneel on concrete and pray for two hours. Maybe then you'll feel better about yourself.

I don't even understand how you arrived at this.

I'm not judging anybody when I say that dying without being saved means one goes to Hell.
I'm not judging anybody when I say that homosexual lust/sex is a sin (the Bible outright says it is).

I'm not judging anybody when I say that if someone claims to be a Christian, and has unrepentant/habitual sin in their lives and is receiving no chastening or chastisement in their lives whatsoever, that they need to take a second look at whether or not they are truly saved.

All of these things are things the Bible clearly tells us. Merely stating them does not mean we are judging anybody.

Can a Homosexual be saved and go to Heaven? Absolutely. He has to come to Christ, accept His Grace and Mercy, recognize his sin for what it is, and hate his sin and try to turn away from it.

Some people can't turn away from said sin right away, some people take years to finally put it to death. It is a process that takes time.

But to openly pronounce one's nature as being homosexual and not seem to feel the least bit bad about it? That doesn't sound like the fruits of someone who is truly one of His children.

His children don't go around parading their sin, His children don't go around showing off how much they enjoy their sinful activities.

Not saying every Christian who was or is homosexual does this, but those that do... really need to take a second look at their salvation and use the Bible to examine themselves to see if they are truly in the faith.

Upvote 0

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Xalith, I must have hit a nerve. I wasn't responding to you, but obviously it stung.

The choice is yours, condemnation or believe on Jesus.

No, you didn't hit a nerve at all. I am genuinely confused as to how you arrived at the points you did. I was trying to follow your thought processes and I was like "........wut?" so I thought I'd ask as to just how exactly you got That as some of those points are way out there.

I made my choice months ago, I follow Jesus as best I can. That doesn't mean I can just continue to sin and not think anything of it, though. I am not (and wasn't) homosexual, however I did have various sins (as we all do) in my life, habitual sinful things.

I've put a good chunk of those things aside after I came to Christ, and He has helped me with some other things since then, and He continues to help me to this day.

Homosexual sex, like any other sin, is not something you can just keep doing callously even after you come to Christ. The same goes for heterosexual fornication, lying, stealing, any other kind of sexual lusting, whatever the sin is, when we come to Christ, we have to realize that it is sin and we need to turn away from it.

One can't go "Oh, I said I repented and I'm saved so I can keep doing it". Never, ever, ever should that EVER be a thought that comes across a Christian's mind.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Or maybe you should lick lollipops and feel happy all the time. Doesn't change any of the verses of the Bible where we are told to repent. If you walk in the Spirit you are sons of God. If you walk in the flesh, you are carnal and need to take up your cross. You should never feel better about yourself in sin.

Upvote 0
Aug 24, 2014
✟8,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Xlaith and Svt4Him

I think you were comparing sin to breaking the speed limit, in support of judging. All that does is condemn which is Satan's thing to do. It's fine if you want to agree with him, but you'll probably have to punish yourself for the transgressions to move forward.

We each have our own walk, bearing different burdens and weakness affecting our faith differently. I'm not interested in you being like me, nor should you want me to think and act like you. If you want to hate your sins being grieved by it, repenting on a case by case basis, and believe that is the right thing to do, it's fine. I am not leading you, nor responsible for making your paths straight. But when you judge others by your standard, it becomes a problem because you are a work in progress. You basically make yourself a measuring stick for others, or for you to compare yourself with others.

I will continue to speak peace over sin to every believer who is coming out. I realize many others are terrified it encourages sin, but it's what Jesus would do. Repentance for you may happen from the flesh, but for me it's from the heart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

puppii

*Blessed*
Nov 22, 2010
✟10,278.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yes, Paul warned the church that the practicing homosexual will go to hell. This is scary for me. I am a homosexual. I do not however engage, except through fantasy and lust. I am trying to repent, but it is so hard for me.

I gave up inappropriate content, but I still lust. I have been lusting for years.
I'm sorry you struggle with this. I don't have this issue but many others!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

puppii

*Blessed*
Nov 22, 2010
✟10,278.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Or maybe you should lick lollipops and feel happy all the time. Doesn't change any of the verses of the Bible where we are told to repent. If you walk in the Spirit you are sons of God. If you walk in the flesh, you are carnal and need to take up your cross. You should never feel better about yourself in sin.
Lol

Upvote 0

puppii

*Blessed*
Nov 22, 2010
✟10,278.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Homosexuals do not go to hell because they are gay. They go to hell if they do not have a relationship with Jesus. Just like all of us sinners.

Now..... Do people go to hell for so badly damaging the witness of Christ, that they have lead many to hell, out of pure shame, and fear of reaching out to Jesus?
Yes

Upvote 0

FlyingTurtle

Aug 6, 2015
The sky
✟7,791.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So many posts... not gonna read em all. Here's what I think.

If you have not accept Christ, you will not be saved. That is the basis of salvation.

I am a PhD student in psychology and, while sexuality is not my area of study, the studies I've read point mostly to environmental factors rather than genetic. So I do not think God made people gay. But I guess that's beside the point.

Is homosexual behavior a sin? Bible clearly says it is. Is being gay a sin? No. But I don't think it is what God wants for us. But we all, due to being born with sin, have our own problems. Temptation and sin are different things afterall. Do homosexuals go to hell? Not if they're saved. You can be saved and still struggle with sin. We all do. But be glad, God is willing to forgive all our sins. I try not to lie, but sometimes I do. I try not to fall into lust, but sometimes I do. When it happens, I repent, pick myself up, and move on. God forgave all my sins so I'm not going to be ashamed when I fail. I'm going to thank God for his mercy and keep my head up. Such it should be with homosexual Christians too.

I had a friend who was lesbian all her life, when she was 35 or 36, I think, Jesus reached out to her and healed her (she had been raped repeatedly as a child and grew up hating men). After two days of nonstop crying from God's intervention in her heart, she woke up and wasn't a lesbian anymore. In the course of 2 days God delivered her. So God can deliver people from homosexuality, just as the bible says He did for the Corinthians. Does that mean all homosexual Christians will be delivered from it? Maybe not. Just like not all terminally ill Christians are healed. But this is only one side of eternity. The shorter side. Once we reach the other side, the things here will seem insignificant.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Have you??

Nope, you've already been judged.

And if I tell you you're speeding, I'm still not judging you.

That said, the verse judge not is in this context taken way out of context, we all judge.

The Bible is clear though:

Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality

In this case I'm not judging, I'm simply saying don't be deceived if you think they will go to heaven, they will not. We tell them this judgment to try and save them, but to be saved one must repent and believe, for that is the kingdom message.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Xlaith and Svt4Him

I think you were comparing sin to breaking the speed limit, in support of judging. All that does is condemn which is Satan's thing to do.

This is false, as condemnation has already come into the world.

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

So if it's satan's roll, and God does it, it means what you believe isn't accurate.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Wryetui

IC XC NIKA
Dec 15, 2014
The Carpathian Garden
✟15,670.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi, may I post here my opinion too? First of all I want to say that we never have to loose the hope for our brothers who commit such a great sin like sodomy, which, according to the Church, is one of the worst sins, because it goes greatly against our nature (the way God created us) and it is only for satisfying a sick lust that exists in their hearts because of sin. Since in our theology hell and heaven are not places where you "go" like on an eternal trip, but are states of the soul and are based on how you perceive God and on how much you have purified and sanctified your soul on this earth, actively being a sodomite endangers seriously your redemption, though I cannot say for sure either that person will perceive God as hell or as heaven since only God knows either He will save that person or not.

Upvote 0
Aug 24, 2014
✟8,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Svt4Him,

In Christ you're not under the law, neither judged by the law of sin and death. You're free through the law of the Spirit of life in Jesus (Romans 8:2). We don't get tickets for breaking the law of sin. He leads us along the way of holiness, in the Spirit and not the flesh. In this grace God is working on our hearts to grow in Christ.

This is false, as condemnation has already come into the world.

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

So if it's satan's roll, and God does it, it means what you believe isn't accurate.

Yes, those in unbelief are condemned, because they are still in their sins; and the wages of sin is death. However Jesus did not judge them.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.