Do you love atheists?

judechild

Catholic Socratic
Jul 5, 2009
The Jesuit War-Room
✟11,369.00
Faith
Catholic
Hello everybody! Do you love atheists and agnostics? I mean seriously, do you love them, sorrow for them, and respect them. I love them, I suppose, because my parents are atheists, but I have a lot of respect for them too; they don't pretend to believe something just for the sake of believing it (usually). Of course, there are some who follow the atheist agenda for selfish reasons, but I've noticed most are legitamate, kind people. I don't think we're doing enough to help them understand our God; does anybody have any good suggestions for doing so?

tpk

The Preacher's Kid
Jan 29, 2005
Virginia
Visit site
✟21,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, it's God's commandment to love one another. So yes. While I might not agree with their views or support some of the decisions they make, I can still love and respect them. You know the saying: "Love the sinner, hate the sin." :) Good question!

Upvote 0
M

Memento Mori

I was an atheist until May of this year.

There's only so much you can do for an atheist. Most have already made up their minds and view all evidence through prior conclusions, just as you and I do the same with our faith. The most you can do is continue to pray for them and answer any questions they ask them.

The hope with prayer is that God will awaken within them a longing for objective meaning. When you really want to find God, that is when the evidence becomes clearer and the objections become weaker. At least, that's how it was for me.

Upvote 0

judechild

Catholic Socratic
Jul 5, 2009
The Jesuit War-Room
✟11,369.00
Faith
Catholic
Alot of my friends are atheists, so yeah i guess i do i never really thought of it like that though. I do wish that some atheists would be more understanding to Christians but then again being a Christian isnt supposed to be easy is it?

Hey, if I can do it; they can do it!

Upvote 0

Aino

God's own
May 16, 2009
Finland
✟37,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I try to love them as well as well as I can. Often it's hard, because they are so different and act so differently towards you. I can say as well, that I often see kind and nice atheists even if they're beliefs deny what we define the supreme source of good. That's what partly makes it hard to love them as well...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RobertMerton

Veteran
Mar 19, 2005
Internet
✟17,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do love them.
some more than others.

i find it hard to love the both ignorant and arrogant kind of atheists.
you know the type i'm talking about 'science disproves the existence of God'.. which really is impossible because science never will prove, nor disprove the existence of God

Reactions: thehehe
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kristin E

Follower Of Christ
Feb 28, 2010
VA/NC
✟2,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some of us are, some of us aren't. Same applies to Christians. Don't make any assumptions other than that which you already know, especially when dealing with people on the internet. For a group like athiests, we're nowhere near as unified as Christianity (and why should we be?) so those atheists you meet who are quick to judge represent nobody but themselves.

I guess your right.

Upvote 0