Centre-right conservative Christian-Democrat
Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
[...] I think the atheists are better off though. Over here its "Christians" who are living in deep sin.

Better off?! Those guys are going to spend eternity in Hell!

Reactions: newhopeinHim
Upvote 0

Born2live4ever

Aug 13, 2009
California
Visit site
✟15,652.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I love atheists just as much as I love anyone else. I feel sorry for them, and I try to be kind and help them.

Lol. This post is five years old. But, since someone "liked" it and thus brought it to my attention, I think I'll give an update.
I still love atheists as much as I love anyone else, though I often find myself seriously irritated by them as a majority (as with any group, in which there are always the offensive, obnoxious ones who seem to be louder than the rest). I try to be kind to them in the same way that I'll try to be kind to anyone else. If an atheist needed help? Sure, I'd be open to helping them if I can. But I'm no longer interested in helping them to "save their soul". Why? I'm an atheist, now. Hah. Plot twist.

Upvote 0

Conker

A Soul Being Saved By God
Jun 28, 2017
California
✟15,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love them, though annoyed by them when debating ideologies. But there isn't anything really 6th at we can do , I've tried to "convert" but they don't listen and see me as a fool. The only way they will see God's grace is through God himself (if that makes sense).
But even those that believe in God don't really practice. Which is sad. They'll say to people, "I'm going to heaven because I go to church, and you're not because you don't" even though they're the biggest sinner out there.

But I like your compassion for others.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Jeepers this thread is nearly 10 yrs old. I do my best to have the love of Christ for everybody, atheists, Christians who drive me up the wall, everybody. He loves me despite all my flaws, least I could do is try to do the same.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I love them, and try to be respectful to them of course, I just feel they are VERY quick to judge.
I dont mind the judgement - OK like for example:
It might be say: You support Creation.
An atheist will say: There's evidence to support evolution - fossils etc

So OK that's true and I don't argue that - there's tons of fossils

So If your a creationist you just have to state what the bible says. They might pepper u a bit but if they are your friends that's OK. Just acknowledge where u r both coming from and don't take it to heart.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm beginning to not stand them, everywhere I turn they are there :(
"They" are you and I. "They" are just ordinary people who believe something else. They still like chocolate milk, watching movies and cry when they are upset. They are exactly the same as you and I.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Lol. This post is five years old. But, since someone "liked" it and thus brought it to my attention, I think I'll give an update.
I still love atheists as much as I love anyone else, though I often find myself seriously irritated by them as a majority (as with any group, in which there are always the offensive, obnoxious ones who seem to be louder than the rest). I try to be kind to them in the same way that I'll try to be kind to anyone else. If an atheist needed help? Sure, I'd be open to helping them if I can. But I'm no longer interested in helping them to "save their soul". Why? I'm an atheist, now. Hah. Plot twist.

The post I'm replying to is 3 years old & you were talking about a post that you'd written back in 2010. On account of that you're probably long gone from here. If you do still come around I am wondering if you'd mind sharing a little about how your beliefs have changed & why. I take it you were a Christian when you joined Christian Forums, but you're an atheist now? Or at least you were in 2015. Are you still an atheist? Was there anything in particular that lead to changing your beliefs?

Upvote 0