Do you love atheists?

Charbel7

Jul 25, 2013
✟2,359.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Lol I share your opinions, but I don't tend to judge people. I love the most hating and narrow minded atheist as much as I love a fellow Christian...

The question is not "do I love atheists?", the real question is "can I love atheists more?"

Atheists are God's children too! They're as precious to Him as we are, let's not be elitist and think that we are the "chosen ones". Being Christian does not make one perfect, actually it shows us how sinful and imperfect we are, and thus how much we need Jesus! Christ died on the cross for us, despite how sinful we are, He still died for us!

If we really consider ourselves to be Christians, we should love all people as Jesus loved everyone. He did not hold prejudices against anybody, rather He made friends with the most looked down in society; the tax collectors, fishermen, prostitutes... Would Jesus turn down the atheists? Of course not, He would love them with all no matter what!

"On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." -Mark 2:17

How could we possible not love everyone in the world, let alone just atheists? Jesus taught us to love everyone, to pray for those who persecute us, to turn the other cheek. I do not want to judge but I find that a lot of Christians these days don't seem to follow Christ, just sticking to their own convictions and hierarchy system. Well hate to break it to you but we are all sinful, we should all realistically go to Hell. However it is Jesus' sacrifice on the cross, through all His love and devotion to us, that has given us Eternal Life, we just need to accept it...

Please love everyone....love everybody in the world

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." -John 13:34

Please take the time to watch this video: A Girl's Message To All Christians - YouTube

This video has been very enlightening for me and has indeed changed me quite a lot...I used to be quite a narrow minded Christian who secretly loathed atheists before seeing this. It has opened my eyes...

God bless!

I'm starting to change my mind, Thanks for the video.
I will keep trying to hate the sin not the sinner.

Upvote 0

Kurama

Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm starting to change my mind, Thanks for the video.
I will keep trying to hate the sin not the sinner.

Even better, don't even hate anything or anyone! Hate is a strong word...it really predates a feeling of murder.

Jesus never hated anyone, He said that He was like a doctor for He did not stay with the faithful and holy, He stayed with the sinners because they needed the most help.

Upvote 0

jcissaviour

Friend of God
Aug 30, 2013
Wales
✟7,654.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, the Bible says to love atheists - to love your neighbour. It can be very tough to get along with an atheist friend or family member, with such conflicting beliefs, but the important thing to remember is that, through all differences, God loves each and every person with his whole heart, and so we should follow and try our best to do so as well. It's difficult, I face this problem myself, but you can do all things through Christ who gives you strength (Philippians 4:13) God bless you :)

Upvote 0
K

kumiho

most of my friends are actually atheists/agnostics and i love them dearly!
a lot of them believe me to be agnostic because at one point i did tell them that my faith wasn't exactly in the God as the Bible described. however, what i meant was that, i believe in a higher power. perhaps it is God. perhaps it is Allah. perhaps it is any deity out there. nonetheless, i believe there is someone watching over us. i choose to identify myself as non-denominational Christian because Christian teachings are the ones i am most familiar with, and find the most warmth in.
i respect my friends' beliefs, and i love them no matter what, and i do not worry that they may ever be tortured one day for denying or not knowing if there was a God. i don't believe people are sent to a hell simply for not believing in something. i don't believe God is unhappy with them. i think they are loved and that they are good people, and that's all that matters to me.

i only dislike atheists/agnostics who are rude and awful people. i dislike anyone who is rude or awful, regardless of their beliefs.

Upvote 0

Shane Plew

Cured
Jul 24, 2012
A Chair
✟15,478.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Remember that the question is not about whether we should love atheists, it is about what can we do to love atheists more <3

No matter what they may think about our faith, atheists literally have souls too...

How's that? What is a soul? I'm pretty sure I don't have one, and neither does anyone else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
To be sincere I can't see the point of such a question. I can't follow the idea: We should rank people according to their beliefs and opinions? Strange idea denying the uniqueness of every human being if they only deserve to be ranked in different boxes. Friendship is after all a complicity based on mutual respect between two different and unique persons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vayacondios

Nov 15, 2015
✟15,181.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not long ago, before I received help, I was thinking about becoming an athiest.

God says to love your neighbor as yourself. Love your neighbor. Out of love, faith and hope, love comes first. That is also said.
Love your enemies.

I think you should love everyone around you, no matter what color, religion, or their family history. If you met someone for the first time and hit it right off, best friends. Then not a day later you learn they are athiest. Should you be upset, even though you are now best friends? That would be like not liking someone anymore because they don't like the same music or color as you do.
Love everyone for who they are. Because God created every one of us in his own face.

Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Centre-right conservative Christian-Democrat
Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
There is no reason not to love atheists. Yes, you should love them. Yes, I love them. My best friend is an atheist — nevertheless, he is one the nicest guys I've ever met, and we are always together at almost every break at school.

This, of course, does not mean that we agree with each other regarding God, the Bible, or any other thing that comes as a result. I disagree with his beliefs and he with mine, but this does not prevent each of us from respecting each other, being best friends and loving one another. I would rather spend one minute with him than one day with some ‘Christians’ I know.

This also does not mean that I am not convinced that he is still going to Hell when he dies if he remains like that. I am still certain that, if he keeps on rejecting the Gospel I have preached unto him, he will go to Hell.

And, of course, this does not mean that I should not preach the Gospel to him. I have done that already, when I found the best opportunity. He has to hear, and he has heard.

To finalise, this does not mean that I should cease to pray for him. And far as I know, there is still hope that he will convert and become my brother in Christ. I constantly hold on to that hope, and I keep on praying that, if it is God's will, he may accept Jesus Christ as his Saviour, that I may see him in Heaven.

Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
How's that? What is a soul? I'm pretty sure I don't have one, and neither does anyone else.

Hmm... How can you tell? How can you be so sure? What do you think a soul looks like, that you should deny its existence? What would you expect to find if you had a soul, that you should say you are ‘pretty sure’ you ‘don't have one’?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not long ago, before I received help, I was thinking about becoming an athiest.

God says to love your neighbor as yourself. Love your neighbor. Out of love, faith and hope, love comes first. That is also said.
Love your enemies.

I think you should love everyone around you, no matter what color, religion, or their family history. If you met someone for the first time and hit it right off, best friends. Then not a day later you learn they are athiest. Should you be upset, even though you are now best friends? That would be like not liking someone anymore because they don't like the same music or color as you do.
Love everyone for who they are. Because God created every one of us in his own face.

This is a great post for real.

Reactions: Vayacondios
Upvote 0

Sayo

1 Peter 1:16 "Be holy, for I am holy"
Nov 19, 2015
Nigeria
Visit site
✟15,199.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Well, I love atheists ! And I wish I met more of them. I personally think its intriguing and amazing how someone would believe there is no God, I would love the challenge of preaching the gospel to them, showing them the power of God . They are people who were just unfortunate that they grew up in a worldly way OR people who want an excuse to live life the way they want with no responsibility etc . God bless you all.

Upvote 0

Sayo

Nov 19, 2015
Nigeria
Visit site
✟15,199.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Well, I love atheists ! And I wish I met more of them. I personally think its intriguing and amazing how someone would believe there is no God, I would love the challenge of preaching the gospel to them, showing them the power of God . They are people who were just unfortunate that they grew up in a worldly way OR people who want an excuse to live life the way they want with no responsibility etc . God bless you all.

Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well, I love atheists ! And I wish I met more of them. I personally think its intriguing and amazing how someone would believe there is no God, I would love the challenge of preaching the gospel to them, showing them the power of God . [...]

You are invited to come to my school.

I'm not joking. There are many atheists, and none of my classmates has yet converted to Christianity.

Upvote 0

Sayo

Nov 19, 2015
Nigeria
Visit site
✟15,199.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hahahahaha :D ooh some day, some day . I think the atheists are better off though. Over here its "Christians" who are living in deep sin.
You are invited to come to my school.

I'm not joking. There are many atheists, and none of my classmates has yet converted to Christianity.

Upvote 0