Do you have a date ?

When will Jesus return to establish his kingdom on earth ?

• Never

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Soon ..Within our lifetime

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Many years from now

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I don't know

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry. I don't know that. I believe the new heaven and new earth will be revealed at the same time.

So what you're saying is that "the last day" wasn't really "the last day". Interesting logic. If you keep reading your Bible that way you can literally make it say anything you want.

What is the last day?... The last day of what?.... Heaven and earth that is now?... So your saying new heaven and new earth starts a new day and when the former things pass away that ended the last day?

Don't you know that we already reign with him?

Then Timothy was wrong because he said "we shall" implying future 2 Timothy 2:12

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the last day?... The last day of what?.... Heaven and earth that is now?... So your saying new heaven and new earth starts a new day and when the former things pass away that ended the last day?

A day is simply a day. The sun rises and the sun sets, and the last time that happens will be the last day.
Don't you know that there will not always be days and nights?

Then Timothy was wrong because he said "we shall" implying future 2 Timothy 2:12
A future reign does not preclude a current reign.

Luke 10:17
The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree ..no one know the day or the hour of his return ... It's a mystery ..but he has given us certain signs to look out for ....he warns us to watch and be ready ...he also says in revelation 1:3 that God blesses those that take to heart the words that are written of this prophecy

True, we are to be ready. And if you look at the world today, there are many signs. But I don't know that that means that God gave the ability, because there are signs, to say that Jesus will return tomorrow or 3000 years from now. The signs are not a method to fine tune the hour of Christ's return, just a reminder that time is very short, and no one is guaranteed tomorrow.

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A day is simply a day. The sun rises and the sun sets, and the last time that happens will be the last day.
Don't you know that there will not always be days and nights?

Psalms 89:35-38 says different last seven

The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."

So you do believe in a future reign..

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I appreciate you looking into it .. thanks

I read Passover is 8 days long and there is a gap between the 7 and 8 th day ... That there is a countdown to the 50th day .. 49 jubilees x 50 years is 2450 years to the 50th jubilee ..then Passover is completed ...

That Pentecost completes Passover

If Jesus returns on the 40th jubilee to rapture the church as his Firstfruits then that leaves another 9 jubilee left to the final resurrection which is a gap of 450 years ...

If we believe that the counting of the Omer is a jubilee countdown, and Jesus raptures his first fruits on the 40th jubilee... Then the gap between the rapture of the church to the total completion of the first resurrection is 450 more years.....,that the first resurrection begins with the Firstfruits of the church then there is another resurrection on the 50th day ....and this completes the first resurrection.... It's a second chance

http://www.seedofabraham.net/feasts2.html

I might have to look this up too including the link as I'm not able to fully follow a couple of things you've mentioned about the Omer Countdown to the Rapture.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I might have to look this up too including the link as I'm not able to fully follow a couple of things you've mentioned about the Omer Countdown to the Rapture.

Pentecost is the 8th day of Passover ... It is the end of Passover.... It is the last day of Passover ...Pentecost completes Passover..

..the counting of the Omer is a gap... It separates the 7 days of Passover to the 8th day of Passover.....

Passover symbol meaning is to pass over from death to life

Pentecost is the fulfillment ,the end , the omega of Passover

On Firstfruits which is day 1 of the counting of the omer ..Jesus arose ...which is the end of first jubilee ..Jesus witness from Passover to Passover ...he was the lamb of 1 year old ..

Day 40 of the counting of Omer.. Jesus goes to heaven ...implying the 40th jubilee.... The 7th millennium will begin in heaven and not on earth as some believe ... At least that is what I'm beginning to believe based on Keras work on Gods 7000 year plan

9 more jubilees left (after we go to heaven) to Pentecost..
9 jubilees x 50 years per jubilee is 450 more years to the next resurrection of Passover and completion of the first resurrection

The Firstfruits of the first resurrection of Passover is on the 40th day ... It's the Firstfruits of the body of Christ ... This is when the dead in Christ arise

The last and final resurrection of the first resurrection is 450 more years away to the last jubilee of the new covenant...

The first resurrection completes Passover Revelation 20:6

There are two resurrection that make up the first resurrection... One resurrection takes place on Firstfruits on the 40th jubilee

The other takes place on the 50th jubilee

Sorry I'm not good at writing or explaining ...I confuse myself when I'm reading what I wrote... Lol.. So bear with me ..:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Psalm3704
Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry. I don't know that. I believe the new heaven and new earth will be revealed at the same time.

I think I'm beginning to see where you stand with your belief. You might be one of those that select "never" on the poll concerning Christ's return and a literal reign on earth.

I would say because of this, you're only able to see the "new heaven and new earth" still 1000 years away from now after Christ's millennial reign.

Before the "new heaven and new earth" in Revelation 21:1 comes to pass, there will be a "new heavens and a new earth" (Isaiah 65:17, Isaiah 66:22, 2 Peter 3:13) that will happen 1000 years prior. And these two events are not the same.

Isaiah 65, 66 and 2 Peter 3 are parallel passages. Revelation 21 is a totally different. Do you know their differences and understand what will happen?

Isaiah 65:17 King James Version (KJV)
For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Isaiah 66:22 King James Version (KJV)
For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.

2 Peter 3:13 King James Version (KJV)
Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1 King James Version (KJV)
21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

So what you're saying is that "the last day" wasn't really "the last day". Interesting logic. If you keep reading your Bible that way you can literally make it say anything you want.

Geez Louise! No!

The complete opposite. When Jesus said I will raise him up on the last day, He literally meant it. He resurrected the OT saints on His last day on earth when He died on the cross. That's what He meant by the last day. He was talking about His last day before He died on the cross.

Matthew 27:45-54New King James Version (NKJV)
Jesus Dies on the Cross

45 Now from the sixth hour until the ninth hour there was darkness over all the land. 46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”
47 Some of those who stood there, when they heard that, said, “This Man is calling for Elijah!” 48 Immediately one of them ran and took a sponge, filled it with sour wine and put it on a reed, and offered it to Him to drink.
49 The rest said, “Let Him alone; let us see if Elijah will come to save Him.”
50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.
51 Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, 52 and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53 and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.
54 So when the centurion and those with him, who were guarding Jesus, saw the earthquake and the things that had happened, they feared greatly, saying, “Truly this was the Son of God!”

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+27%3A45-54&version=NKJV

Don't you know that we already reign with him?

Not so! Read below.

Christ and the bible are referring to an earthly reign during the millenium: Revelation 11:15, one that rules over nations and people of the world, not a spiritual reign over the demonic forces in another realm: Luke 10:19, Luke 9:1.

Luke 10:19 New King James Version (NKJV)
Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Luke 9:1 New King James Version (NKJV)
Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry I'm not good at writing or explaining ...I confuse myself when I'm reading what I wrote... Lol.. So bear with me ..:)

Don't worry, you did fine. Thanks for the explanation!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Either one. God did not grant us the ability to foretell future events that I am aware of.

Handmaid beat me to the punch. Roughly 35%-40% of the bible is all prophecy, most of it in the OT. The bible gives every detail that God wants us to know about the future except the day and hour. That part I agree with you. Anyone claiming to know the day and hour is not speaking for Christ or of Christ.

Revelation 19:10 NLT ~ "For the essence of prophecy is to give a clear witness for Jesus."

1 Corinthians 14:1 ESV
Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy.

1 Corinthians 14:5 ESV
Now I want you all to speak in tongues, but even more to prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be built up.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalms 89:35-38 says different last seven

That's interesting, yet in stark contrast to the following:

Revelation 21
The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.
On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there.

As well as...

Matthew24:35
Heaven and earth will pass away

Isaiah 34:4
All the stars of the heavens will be dissolved

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The complete opposite. When Jesus said I will raise him up on the last day, He literally meant it. He resurrected the OT saints on His last day on earth when He died on the cross. That's what He meant by the last day. He was talking about His last day before He died on the cross.

You're saying it again. You're saying "the last day" actually means "His last day on earth", even though it doesn't say that. Four times Jesus said he would raise us up on "the last day". Not once did he say "the last day that I'm on earth".

Also, Martha said to Jesus that her brother would rise again on "the last day" and Jesus did not correct her.

And the angel Michael told Daniel that he would rest until the "end of days". Are you really going to tell me that here Michael also meant "the last day Jesus would be on earth"?

Even if you could believe that Jesus was simply not explicit enough when he said "the last day" (which would require you to literally change the text and the meaning), you can not make the same claim for what the angel told Daniel in chapter 12.

You can't tell me that Jesus meant one thing, when he said another. You are literally changing the text.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's interesting, yet in stark contrast to the following:

Revelation 21
The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.
On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there.

As well as...

New Jerusalem is 1500 miles high but even if sunlight gets to it.. it will not be needed because the glory of God lights it up

Matthew24:35
Heaven and earth will pass away

Isaiah 34:4
All the stars of the heavens will be dissolved

God is able to make new stars if he destroys the old ones ..:)

I believe heaven and earth is renovated improved changed not destroyed...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LastSeven

Amil
Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
New Jerusalem is not a city or a cube or a pyramid or whatever other absurd theory people have. It's God's people! New Jerusalem is the bride of Christ! Unless you think Jesus will marry a bunch of buildings, or one big building, or pyramid, or whatever. Personally I believe the believers are the bride of Christ.

Besides, even if it were a 1500 mile high whatever, the sun would still hit the top of it and at least one side at any given time. So I'm not sure how your theory explains anything.

Here we have a description in Revelation of no more night, no sun and no moon. Then we've got Zechariah 14 telling us there will be no distinction between day and night. In addition to that we have Jesus and Martha and Michael all telling us that there is a last day, and yet you still think there is no last day???

I understand wanting to defend your doctrine but at a certain point you're just ignoring the evidence.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I

Before the "new heaven and new earth" in Revelation 21:1 comes to pass, there will be a "new heavens and a new earth" (Isaiah 65:17, Isaiah 66:22, 2 Peter 3:13) that will happen 1000 years prior. And these two events are not the same.

Isaiah 65, 66 and 2 Peter 3 are parallel passages. Revelation 21 is a totally different. Do you know their differences and understand what will happen?

Isaiah 65:17 King James Version (KJV)
For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Isaiah 66:22 King James Version (KJV)
For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.

2 Peter 3:13 King James Version (KJV)
Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1 King James Version (KJV)
21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Seriously? You're basing all that on the letter "s"? :doh: The lengths people will go to.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
New Jerusalem is not a city or a cube or a pyramid or whatever other absurd theory people have. It's God's people! New Jerusalem is the bride of Christ! Unless you think Jesus will marry a bunch of buildings, or one big building, or pyramid, or whatever. Personally I believe the believers are the bride of Christ.

You should not take away from the literal meaning because that will lead you to another messiah and falsehood .. It's an actual city and yes gods people live in it

Besides, even if it were a 1500 mile high whatever, the sun would still hit the top of it and at least one side at any given time. So I'm not sure how your theory explains anything.

Sure the sun will still hit it .. My point is it will not be needed bro ..if anything grows within the city it will not be because of the seasons ...

Here we have a description in Revelation of no more night, no sun and no moon. Then we've got Zechariah 14 telling us there will be no distinction between day and night. In addition to that we have Jesus and Martha and Michael all telling us that there is a last day, and yet you still think there is no last day???

Revelation does not say no sun no moon it says the light of the existing sun and moon will not be needed to light the city .. Because Gods tabernacle is with men ... Gods body is with men and we will behold him face to face ..yes God has a body .

..Keep the faith and believe Jesus fulfilled the law for you and you will one day be able to embrace the father personally..

I understand wanting to defend your doctrine but at a certain point you're just ignoring the evidence.

Believe what you want last seven ...imo you are the one ignoring the literal meaning...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seriously? You're basing all that on the letter "s"? :doh: The lengths people will go to.

Lol ..leave her alone don't become a cyber bully because she believes differently

You gonna feel pretty humbled when you find out your symbolic theories were wrong when you see the literal fulfillment of Jesus prophecies

Reactions: Psalm3704
Upvote 0