Do you have a date ?

When will Jesus return to establish his kingdom on earth ?

• Never

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Soon ..Within our lifetime

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Many years from now

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I don't know

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have no idea, but, I hope it is today!^_^

That would be cool but God has appointed times and seasons.. We have to wait for him and keep the faith...patience is a virtue:)

You have to vote under I don't know lol

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That would be cool but God has appointed times and seasons.. We have to wait for him and keep the faith...patience is a virtue:)

You have to vote under I don't know lol
Done! ^_^

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I voted no... not because I don't think Jesus is coming back, but that he will establish his Kingdom on the New Earth.
According to Revelation 20-21, the new heavens and earth don't come until the Millennium reign of Jesus is over.
We see in Acts 1:11 and Zechariah 14:4, that Jesus will Return to the present earth. Great will be the Day!

Re do I have a date? The Bible gives many indications of that Day. Revelation 13:5 says that Satan will be given power for 42 months, 3 1/2 years: Daniel 7:25, then Jesus will destroy his army and chain Satan up. Revelation 19:20-21 and Daniel 7:26. This period commences with the leader of the One World Govt desecrating the Temple in Jerusalem. Mark 13:14
But what will commence all the prophesied end time events? Paul tells us in 1 Thessalonians 5:1-10 that we should not be in the dark about the Day of the Lord, that will come unexpectedly and destroy the ungodly. He isn't referring to the Return, the great Day of God Almighty, Revelation 16:14, but to the terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath, the Sixth Seal worldwide devastation, the world changer that could happen any time and the indications are that it's very close now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BadHabit

Does not play well with others
Apr 12, 2016
Earth
✟2,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't know. Only God knows. I hope it's sooner rather than later. Once I see the sun turned to sackcloth and the moon turned to blood, I'm going to get my lawnchair out and get the best seat I can for the show.

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe in the one day = 1000 yrs thingy , but the problem in the past was that people measured the last 2000 yrs from Christs birth which brought us to the yr 2000 and the Y2K bug which freaked people out at the time but nothing happened. But what if it should have been 2000 yrs of Christianity , then that would bring us to something around the 2033 mark. Add to this a generation that will not pass away until all that he said including his return would be accomplished , then I reckon we could come back from 2033 to around 2025 or something there a bouts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know the day and hour of the rapture (this is definitely not given in the bible), but it's 70 years from the HC year of 5708. And Christ's literal return on earth is 7 years after. It's in the bible (lot of scriptures in the old testament), plus the season and signs not mentioned in the bible also points to that year. One notable sign was the Star of Bethlehem which arrived last year, June 2015, and will again a second time in the year 2023.

The Star of Bethlehem was seen twice in 3BC and 2BC.

Sky & Telescope Contributing Editor Fred Schaaf points out that this current string of Venus-Jupiter conjunctions closely resembles a similar series between the years 3 and 2 B.C. It has been suggested that their joint appearance came to be known as the Star of Bethlehem.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jupiter-venus-to-converge-in-star-of-bethlehem-moment/

The only New Testament account of the Star of Bethlehem occurs in the Gospel of Matthew, where the magi arrive in Jerusalem during the reign of Herod the Great, asking about a newborn king of the Jews, having seen "the rising of his star."

In a 1991 article in The Planetarian journal, William Bidelman, former chairman of the astronomy department at Case Western Reserve University, put forth two conjunctions of Venus and Jupiter in 3 B.C. and 2 B.C. as the most plausible Christmas star.

In the October 1991 Omni magazine, astronomer Fred Schaff also pointed to the rare series of Venus and Jupiter conjunctions on Aug. 12, 3 B.C.; and June 17, Aug. 20 and Oct. 14 in 2 B.C.

http://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2015/06/is_this_what_the_star_of_bethl.html

After roughly 2000 years, the Star of Bethlehem appeared again on June 2015 and will appear a second time eight years later in 2023.

Although the planets will appear to draw near one another in August and again in October, the next such event to rival Tuesday night's won't happen until 2023, he said.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/30/us/feat-jupiter-venus-conjunction/

http://wqad.com/2015/06/30/what-you...y-could-account-for-bibles-star-of-bethlehem/
Those expecting a Pre-Tribulation rapture will be please to know the correlation between the star of bethlehem appearing in 3BC and 2 BC, and again last year; 3 years before the start of the tribulation (Yes! It's in the bible!) and again in 2023; 2 years before Christ literally returns to earth. By now you should be able to figure out the year of divine peace prophecies for Israel falls on 5778 HC. Abraham was also born in the HC year of 1948. God came to Abraham and made a covenant with him in the HC year of 2018 when he was age 70 and told him he would someday become a great nation. He left Haran at age 75. Well the Jewish people and Israel has never been a great nation. In fact, it's looked more like a conquered nation and people. During its long history, the city of Jerusalem has been destroyed twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times, and captured and recaptured 44 times. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Jerusalem

But the bible mentions that Jerusalem and Israel will finally become a great nation during the first year of the tribulation after God turns His attention away from the gentiles and back to the Jewish people and bless them during the first half of the tribulation while the rest of the world is being judged. Zechariah 1:16-2:13. This is also in other prophetic scriptures but I'm too lazy to dig them up right now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the bible mentions that Jerusalem and Israel will finally become a great nation during the first year of the tribulation after God turns His attention away from the gentiles and back to the Jewish people and bless them during the first half of the tribulation while the rest of the world is being judged. Zechariah 1:16-2:13. This is also in other prophetic scriptures but I'm too lazy to dig them up right now.
If you'll notice the last part of Zechariah chapter 2:

"I will live among you,” declares the Lord. 11 “Many nations will be joined with the Lord in that day and will become my people. I will live among you and you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me to you."

The fulfillment of that promise is described in Revelation 21:

“Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

What you're assuming will happen on this earth, will actually happen on the new earth.

Reactions: Hazrus
Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know. Only God knows. I hope it's sooner rather than later. Once I see the sun turned to sackcloth and the moon turned to blood, I'm going to get my lawnchair out and get the best seat I can for the show.

Thanks for your vote

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you'll notice the last part of Zechariah chapter 2:

"I will live among you,” declares the Lord. 11 “Many nations will be joined with the Lord in that day and will become my people. I will live among you and you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me to you."

The fulfillment of that promise is described in Revelation 21:

“Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

What you're assuming will happen on this earth, will actually happen on the new earth.

I think you have misunderstood the context of these two very different scrptures. The difference is so subtle you can miss it very easily.

Zec. 2:11 “Many nations will be joined with the Lord in that day and will become my people. I will live among you and you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me to you.

Lord Jesus is speaking of His thousand years of reign on this Earth. He IS coming back to this current planet. Notice that here He has been sent to them.
Sent where? To this Earth.

Rev. 21:2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

This is indeed speaking of the New Jerusalem where the very Throne of God Almighty will come down to Earth. But this will happen after Lord Jesus has put every enemy into the Lake of Fire. It is too wonderful to even imagine.

Upvote 0