Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, me and that one woman have made up and are speaking again.

Although I really don't have feelings for anyone right now. Still, I'd rather be on good terms with her.

Never mind, we fought again.

Find it sad, I was getting into her and she just couldn't control her mood swings.

I never knew why she liked me so much, but in the early days when we started talking.. I thought there was real potential. I mean.. I never really feel that way about any woman.

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟241,669.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Find it sad, I was getting into her and she just couldn't control her mood swings.

I never knew why she liked me so much, but in the early days when we started talking.. I thought there was real potential. I mean.. I never really feel that way about any woman.
Sorry, man. That sucks.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Well we're talking again, and things are going better.

I don't know why, but I just want to make this work.

• Friendly
Reactions: Somber
Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟241,669.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well we're talking again, and things are going better.

I don't know why, but I just want to make this work.
Just try to keep your hopes and expectations low. Try to be patient, but draw a line, keep your boundaries, and if she crosses the line, run and don't look back.

• Friendly
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

shineyourlight

Mar 6, 2020
New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I had a crush on a toxic man. I finally walked away. We have been best friends for 7 years, and we started liking each other in 2017. He never wanted to settle with me and always said that he was too messed up in the head (which is correct. Not to be cruel, but he's very unhealthy emotionally). He also doesn't want a relationship with anyone at all. I guess I get frustrated because if we like each other, why not get together? Why not make this thing work? But, I'm too burnt out liking a man who will never date again.

I walked away back in January and haven't looked back. I sometimes still think of him, but I just don't want to wait around any more and I deserve to have someone who wants to be with me.

So, no crush.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just try to keep your hopes and expectations low. Try to be patient, but draw a line, keep your boundaries, and if she crosses the line, run and don't look back.

Well she's trying really hard right now, I know how difficult it is for her. That means a lot to me. I will tolerate some slip ups, as long as I believe she is trying to improve.

• Friendly
Reactions: Somber
Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟241,669.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I had a crush on a toxic man. I finally walked away. We have been best friends for 7 years, and we started liking each other in 2017. He never wanted to settle with me and always said that he was too messed up in the head (which is correct. Not to be cruel, but he's very unhealthy emotionally). He also doesn't want a relationship with anyone at all. I guess I get frustrated because if we like each other, why not get together? Why not make this thing work? But, I'm too burnt out liking a man who will never date again.

I walked away back in January and haven't looked back. I sometimes still think of him, but I just don't want to wait around any more and I deserve to have someone who wants to be with me.

So, no crush.
Somewhere down the line, he's gonna regret that decision.

I have a crush on spicy Thai wide noodles

20220330_153431.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodJesusAndChocolate

Hugging God and Jesus ^w^ =3
Dec 17, 2021
Hugging God, Jesus, and Chocolate ^w^ =3
✟238,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

So, no crush.
When I read the first part, I was going to say be careful. Especially if they're otherwise attractive yet unavailable, but it sounds like you've already figured that out.

I find that I can't stand toxic people in my life. At least not for long, and I've learned to reflexively shut them out. If I need to work with one, I'll deal with them to the extent that we get the job done, but that's definitely not what I want in a romantic partner. At least while alone I get to have a semblance of integrity, my problems are my own, and I can hold onto the hope of meeting somebody nice. Somebody who is fun to be with, and isn't going to pull me in the wrong direction. Frankly, this is a good place to be. Even if what I'm looking for turns out to be unrealistic, and others don't always understand, the peace of mind is worth its weight in gold.

Which isn't to say that I don't sometimes have crushes on women whose problems would be too much for me. When I do, I find myself making excuses for them in my head, but somewhere in the back of my mind I know better. Maybe it's because of the good relationships that I've seen, or maybe it's God granting me wisdom beyond my own experience. There are times when I look at relationship problems and think "There but for the grace of God go I". Nobody is perfect, and toxicity may be relative to a degree, but some behavior patterns are healthier and some matches do work better than others.

Mutual attraction is key, but so is avoiding problems that are recognizable early on. No relationship will be entirely smooth sailing, but why kick ourselves later for problems that we recognized at the beginning if we don't have to? Often, a crush is just an idealized version of someone in a fictional narrative of our own creation, rather than who they truly are. There are other people out there. Good people and good matches. Or at least as good as us flawed humans can be. Thankfully, new crushes can replace old ones over time.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well she's trying really hard right now, I know how difficult it is for her. That means a lot to me. I will tolerate some slip ups, as long as I believe she is trying to improve.

Still, no fights since then. Which is nice. A few came close.. but we manage to cool things before they started.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟241,669.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,802.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Well, the day has come.

I have a crush. Actually, it's developed beyond "crush" level. In short -- I'm doomed.

View attachment 314884
search

If this is genuine romantic interest, you need to go after him and not let him get away. :ebil:
And I know you well enough that it'll be someone you know locally, not someone from on here. :)

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, the day has come.

I have a crush. Actually, it's developed beyond "crush" level. In short -- I'm doomed.

Why, Miss Spaulding :bigeye:... Why couldn't you tell me all this time before that I had somehow caught your heart like this? I never held the faintest idea that a knight could be your type. Don't you know I would have been eager to reciprocate for a lass like yourself?:love: :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In short -- I'm doomed.

With me, yeah, pretty much. ^_^

(Okay, okay, enough jesting. So you gonna tell us a little bit about Mr. Wonderful or what? ^-^ )

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
With me, yeah, pretty much. ^_^

(Okay, okay, enough jesting. So you gonna tell us a little bit about Mr. Wonderful or what? ^-^ )

If he indeed reciprocates feelings for me and things develope more in the next few weeks, then maybe. :preach:

Upvote 0