Do You Follow the Teachings of Messiah?

Do You Follow the Teachings of Messiah?

• Yes, I pray throughout my day, for Abba to give me the strength to do his will.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No, I'm under grace. I can do what's right in my own eyes, so long as I believe.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
According to Wikipedia, a basic objective of the CLV is to use the same English word every time for a given Hebrew word and the same English word every time for a given Greek word.

I don't believe this is consistent with accuracy. It's just a blockheaded way to translate.
I have been told that Greek words express many shades of meaning. Is it the goal of the CLV to ignore those shades of meaning?

Do you mean this article? I'm not quite sure how you came to that conclusion.

With the use of the Concordant method of translation the CPC endeavored to recognize the importance of the vocabulary of Scripture, keeping distinct the words used in the original languages by giving each Greek word—as far as is possible—its own unique and consistent English equivalent.[3]

Concordant Version - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(CLV) Mt 23:1
Then Jesus speaks to the throngs and to His disciples,

(CLV) Mt 23:2
saying, "On Moses' seat are seated the scribes and the Pharisees.

(CLV) Mt 23:3
All, then, whatever they should be saying to you, do and keep it. Yet according to their acts do not be doing, for they are saying and not doing.

The Torah was read from the Moses Seat.

(CLV) Jn 7:16
Jesus, then, answered them and said, "My teaching is not Mine, but His Who sends Me.

(CLV) Jn 14:15
If you should be loving Me, you will be keeping My precepts.

(CLV) 1Jn 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we may be keeping His precepts. And His precepts are not heavy,

(CLV) Jn 17:6
I manifest Thy name to the men whom Thou givest Me out of the world. Thine they were, and to Me Thou givest them, and Thy word they have kept.

"You should not infer that I came to demolish the law or the prophets. I came not to demolish, but to fulfill.

(CLV) Mt 5:18
For verily, I am saying to you, Till heaven and earth should be passing by, one iota or one serif may by no means be passing by from the law till all should be occurring.
Messiah came to magnify the law:

"The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable." --Isaiah 42:21 (KJV, 1611/1769)

"El SEÑOR celoso por su justicia, magnificará la ley y la engrandecerá." --Isaiah 42:21 (Biblia del Oso, 1569)

"And the Lord wolde, that he schulde halewe it, and magnefie the lawe, and enhaunse it." --Isaiah 42:21 (Wycliff Bible, c.1395)

• Winner
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you implying that I've picked at a shortcoming in your obedience to YHWH?If so; you're mistaken. I don't even know what you're talking about. i don't know you; nor what your lifestyle is like. Perhaps it was the Ruach Ha'Kodesh speaking to you.

I'm talking about all the commands you posted sum up with "Do well to your neighbor."
The reason being, God made your neighbor.
If you forgive your neighbors shortcomings, then your forgiveness is possible.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The poll is still bais so no. Add an unbais option and I'll have to consider it.

Are you saying that you're incapable of expressing your opinion without the aid of pre-selected multiple choice answers?

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you saying that you're incapable of expressing your opinion without the aid of pre-selected multiple choice answers?
I'm saying I refuse because I think the poll is in poor taste.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
7 Request and it shall be given you. Seek and you shall find. Knock and it shall be opened to you." 8 For everyone who is requesting is obtaining, and who is seeking is finding, and to him who is knocking it shall be opened." 9 Or what man is there among you, from whom his son will be requesting bread-no stone will he be handing him!" 10 Or he will be requesting a fish also-no serpent will he be handing him! 11 If you, then, being wicked, have perceived how to be giving good gifts to your children, how much rather shall your Father Who is in the heavens be giving good things to those requesting Him?

Tell me; what does any of this have to do with loving your associate?

Who do you think will be making and delivering these gifts from God?
Bread, fish, chicken, healthcare, schooling, etc.

Your neighbors.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1Now, perceiving the throngs, He ascended into the mountain. And, at His being seated, His disciples came to Him. 2 1And opening His mouth, He taught them, saying, 3 1"Happy, in spirit, are the poor, for theirs is the kingdom of the heavens. 4 1"Happy are those who mourn now, for they shall be consoled. 5 1"Happy are the meek, for they shall be enjoying the allotment of the land. 6 1"Happy are those who are hungering and thirsting for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. 7 1"Happy are the merciful, for they shall be shown mercy. 8 1"Happy are the clean in heart, for they shall see God. 9 1"Happy are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. 10 1"Happy are those persecuted on account of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of the heavens. 11 1"Happy are you whenever they should be reproaching and persecuting you and, falsifying, saying every wicked thing against you, on my account. 12 1Rejoice and exult, for your wages are vast in the heavens. For thus they persecute the prophets before you. 13 1You are the salt of the earth. Now, if the salt should be made insipid, with what will it be salted? For nothing does it still avail except to be cast outside, to be trampled by men. 14 1You are the light of the world. A city located upon a mountain can not be hid. 15 1Neither are they burning a lamp and placing it under a peck measure, but on a lampstand, and it is shining to all those in the house. 16 1Thus let shine your light in front of men, so that they may perceive your ideal acts and should glorify your Father Who is in the heavens. 17 1You should not infer that I came to demolish the law or the prophets. I came not to demolish, but to fulfill. 18 1For verily, I am saying to you, Till heaven and earth should be passing by, one iota or one serif may by no means be passing by from the law till all should be occurring. 19 1Whosoever, then, should be annulling one of the least of these precepts, and should be teaching men thus, the least in the kingdom of the heavens shall he be called. Yet whoever should be doing and teaching them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of the heavens. 20 1For I am saying to you that, if ever your righteousness should not be superabounding more than that of the scribes and Pharisees, by no means may you be entering into the kingdom of the heavens. 21 1You hear that it was declared to the ancients, 'You shall not murder.' Yet whoever should be murdering shall be liable to the judging 22 1Yet I am saying to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be liable to the judging. Yet whoever may be saying to his brother, 'Raka!' shall be liable to the Sanhedrin. Yet whoever may be saying, 'Stupid!' shall be liable to the Gehenna of fire. 23 1If, then, you should be offering your approach present on the altar, and there you should be reminded that your brother has anything against you, 24 1leave your approach present there, in front of the altar, and go away. First be placated toward your brother, and then, coming, be offering your approach present. 25 1You be humoring your plaintiff quickly while you are with him on the way, lest at some time the plaintiff may be giving you up to the judge, and the judge to the deputy, and you should be cast into jail. 26 1Verily I am saying to you, By no means may you be coming out thence till you should be paying the last quadrans. 27 1"You hear that it was declared, 'You shall not be committing adultery. 28 1Yet I am saying to you that every man looking at a woman to lust for her already commits adultery with her in his heart. 29 1Now, if your right eye is snaring you, wrench it out and cast it from you, for it is expedient for you that one of your members should perish and not your whole body be cast into Gehenna. 30 1And if your right hand is snaring you, strike it off and cast it from you, for it is expedient for you that one of your members should perish and not your whole body pass away into Gehenna." 31 1"Now it was declared, Whoever should be dismissing his wife, let him be giving her a divorce. 32 1Yet I am saying to you that everyone dismissing his wife (outside of a case of prostitution) is making her commit adultery, and whosoever should be marrying her who has been dismissed is committing adultery. 33 1"Again, you hear that it was declared to the ancients, You shall not be perjuring, yet you shall be paying to the Lord your oaths. 34 1Yet I am saying to you absolutely not to swear, neither by heaven, for it is the throne of God, 35 1nor by the earth, for it is a footstool for His feet; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King; 36 1nor by your head should you be swearing, for you are not able to make one hair white or black. 37 1Yet let your word be 'Yes, Yes,' 'No, No.' Now what is in excess of these is of the wicked one. 38 1"You hear that it was declared, ' An eye for an eye,' and 'A tooth for a tooth.' 39 1Yet I am saying to you not to withstand a wicked person, but anyone who slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 1And he who wants to sue you and obtain your tunic, leave him your cloak also. 41 1And anyone who conscripts you one mile, go with him two. 42 1To him who requests you, give; and from him who wants to borrow from you, you may not turn. 43 1"You hear that it was declared, 'You shall be loving your associate' and you shall be hating your enemy. 44 1Yet I am saying to you, Love your enemies, and pray for those who are persecuting you, 45 1so that you may become sons of your Father Who is in the heavens, for He causes His sun to rise on the wicked and the good, and makes it rain on the just and the unjust. 46 1For if ever you should love those who are loving you, what wages have you? Are not the tribute collectors also doing the same? 47 1And if ever you should greet your brothers only, what are you doing that is excessive? Are not those of the nations also doing the same? 48 1You, then, shall be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Yet take heed not to be doing your righteousness in front of men, in order to be gazed at by them, otherwise surely you have no wages with your Father Who is in the heavens."

Matthew 7:12
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them,
for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 Whenever, then, you may be doing alms, you should not be trumpeting in front of you, even as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they should be glorified by men. Verily, I am saying to you, They are collecting their wages!" 3 Yet you, doing alms, let not your left hand know what your right is doing, 4 so that your alms may be in hiding, and your Father, Who is observing in hiding, will be paying you." 5 And whenever you may be praying, you shall not be as the hypocrites, for they are fond of standing in the synagogues and at the corners of the squares to be praying, so that they may appear to men. Verily, I am saying to you, They are collecting their wages!" 6 Now you, whenever you may be praying, enter into your storeroom, and, locking your door, pray to your Father Who is in hiding, and your Father, Who is observing in hiding, will be paying you." 7 Now, in praying, you should not use useless repetitions even as those of the nations. For they are supposing that they will be hearkened to in their loquacity." 8 Do not, then, be like them, for aware is God, your Father, of what you have need before you request Him." 9 Thus, then, you be praying: 'Our Father Who art in the heavens, hallowed be Thy name." 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, on earth also." 11 Our bread, our dole, be giving us today." 12 And remit to us our debts, as we also remit those of our debtors." 13 And mayest Thou not be bringing us into trial, but rescue us from the wicked one.'" 14 For if you should be forgiving men their offenses, your heavenly Father also will be forgiving you." 15 Yet if you should not be forgiving men their offenses, neither will your Father be forgiving your offenses." 16 Now whenever you may be fasting, become not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance, for they disguise their faces so that they may appear to men to be fasting. Verily, I am saying to you: They are collecting their wages." 17 Now you, when fasting, rub your head with oil and wash your face, 18 so that you may not appear to men to be fasting, but to your Father Who is in hiding, and your Father, Who is observing in hiding, will be paying you." 19 Do not hoard for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and corrosion are causing them to disappear, and where thieves are tunneling and stealing." 20 Yet hoard for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor corrosion are causing them to disappear, and where thieves are not tunneling nor stealing;" 21 for wherever your treasure is, there will your heart be also." 22 The lamp of the body is your eye. If, then, your eye should be single, your whole body will be luminous." 23 Yet if your eye should be wicked, your whole body will be dark. If, then, the light that is in you is darkness, how dense is the darkness!" 24 Now no one can be slaving for two lords, for either he will be hating the one and loving the other, or will be upholding one and despising the other. You can not be slaving for God and mammon." 25 Therefore I am saying to you, Do not worry about you soul, what you may be eating, or what you may be drinking, nor yet about your body, what you should be putting on. Is not the soul more than nourishment, and the body than apparel? 26 Look at the flying creatures of heaven, that they are not sowing, neither are they reaping, nor are they gathering into barns, and your heavenly Father is nourishing them. Are not you of more consequence than they? 27 Now who of you by worrying is able to add on to his stature one cubit?

Treat your neighbors well. Even Pagans.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
28 And why are you worrying about apparel? Study the anemones of the field, how they are growing. Not toiling are they, nor yet are they spinning." 29 Yet I am saying to you that not even Solomon in all his glory was clothed as one of these. 30 Now if the grass of the field, which is today, and tomorrow is cast into the stove, God thus is garbing; not much rather you, scant of faith? 31 You, then, should not be worrying, saying, 'What may we be eating?' or 'What may we be drinking?' or 'With what may we be clothed?'" 32 For for all these the nations are seeking. For aware is your heavenly Father that you need all of these. 33 Yet seek first the kingdom and its righteousness, and these all shall be added to you." 34 You should not, then, be worrying about the morrow, for the morrow will be worrying of itself. Sufficient for the day is its own evil."
Do not judge, lest you may be judged, 2 for with what judgment you are judging, shall you be judged, and with what measure you are measuring, shall it be measured to you." 3 Now why are you observing the mote that is in your brother's eye, yet the beam in your eye you are not considering? 4 Or how will you be declaring to your brother, 'Brother, let me extract the mote out of your eye,' and lo! the beam is in your eye? 5 Hypocrite! Extract first the beam out of your eye, and then you will be keen-sighted to be extracting the mote out of your brother's eye." 6 You may not be giving that which is holy to curs, nor yet should you be casting your pearls in front of hogs, lest at some time they shall be trampling them with their feet and, turning, they should be tearing you." 7 Request and it shall be given you. Seek and you shall find. Knock and it shall be opened to you." 8 For everyone who is requesting is obtaining, and who is seeking is finding, and to him who is knocking it shall be opened." 9 Or what man is there among you, from whom his son will be requesting bread-no stone will he be handing him!" 10 Or he will be requesting a fish also-no serpent will he be handing him! 11 If you, then, being wicked, have perceived how to be giving good gifts to your children, how much rather shall your Father Who is in the heavens be giving good things to those requesting Him? 12 All, then, whatever you should be wanting that men should be doing to you, thus you, also, be doing to them, for this is the law and the prophets."

God created your neighbors and they catch fish for your children.
Do right by your neighbors. Treat them well.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm saying I refuse because I think the poll is in poor taste.

Right, I get it. You don't like the poll. That has been established, and confirmed ad nauseam. If you can't answer the question on your own volition; I marvel at what you intend to accomplish.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Who do you think will be making and delivering these gifts from God?
Bread, fish, chicken, healthcare, schooling, etc.

Your neighbors.

The subject is not about material gifts from your neighbors. The subject is about spiritual gifts from YHWH. Yahshua used the material examples, to help us to understand the spiritual reality. He took extra effort to get you to unde5rtsnad this. I would suggest that read it as many times as it takes for him to get his point across. This is about your relationship with Abba.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
God created your neighbors and they catch fish for your children.
Do right by your neighbors. Treat them well.

Why did you skip over these verses?

28 And why are you worrying about apparel? Study the anemones of the field, how they are growing. Not toiling are they, nor yet are they spinning." 29 Yet I am saying to you that not even Solomon in all his glory was clothed as one of these. 30 Now if the grass of the field, which is today, and tomorrow is cast into the stove, God thus is garbing; not much rather you, scant of faith? 31 You, then, should not be worrying, saying, 'What may we be eating?' or 'What may we be drinking?' or 'With what may we be clothed?'" 32 For for all these the nations are seeking. For aware is your heavenly Father that you need all of these. 33 Yet seek first the kingdom and its righteousness, and these all shall be added to you." 34 You should not, then, be worrying about the morrow, for the morrow will be worrying of itself. Sufficient for the day is its own evil."

You seem to be ignoring the greatest commandment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Right, I get it. You don't like the poll. That has been established, and confirmed ad nauseam. If you can't answer the question on your own volition; I marvel at what you intend to accomplish.
I think I have a valid point even if it may fatigue you. The language of the poll reveals the lengths you'll go to misrepresent the other side and it's concerning. How can I trust to engage the topic when there is such disregard to other positions?

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Not it's not.

Do you follow the teachings of Messiah, or not?

Correct.

It is an either or. It's either, yes, in faith you seek perfect obedience to YHWH's will, not of your own strength, but through him working through you, with Yahshua as our example.

OR,

No, you think that you can ignore YHWH's commandments because you are covered by grace.

You, as a judaizer, obviously cannot understand that you can be both under grace and trying to obey Christ. That being under grace is even obeying Christ.

You are still in some "works or grace" controversy, but Christians do both. They can both pray for doing His will and rest in His grace.

Upvote 0