Do You Follow the Teachings of Messiah?

Do You Follow the Teachings of Messiah?

• Yes, I pray throughout my day, for Abba to give me the strength to do his will.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No, I'm under grace. I can do what's right in my own eyes, so long as I believe.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

not under law

Mar 23, 2020
Worcester
✟18,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Eisegesis*
Yet not even Titus, who was with me, was compelled to be circumcised, even though he was a Greek. 4 This matter arose because some false believers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves. 5 We did not give in to them for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might be preserved for you. Gal2:3-5

Those who want to impress people by means of the flesh are trying to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ. 13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh. 14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation. Gal6:12-15

Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh. 3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh Phil3:2&3

What you mean is ''I can do exegesis to overturn the plain statements of Paul on the subject''

Upvote 0

StephenDiscipleofYHWH

Jul 11, 2018
Ransom county
✟69,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
No we don't. Paul would not have continued in customs that Yahshua rebuked, the Talmud. Paul was not a heretic.
Paul was not a heretic, that is why he preached against the keeping of the Law of Moses. And taught openly that circumcision outwardly meant exactly nothing.

Upvote 0

StephenDiscipleofYHWH

Jul 11, 2018
Ransom county
✟69,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Neither is circumcision. It symbolizes the circumcision of the heart. It is a sign of the covenant of Abraham, forever.
Now we just have circumcision of the heart, no outward cutting needed(colossians 3; Philippians 3; Romans 2-I would put the verses but I get the feeling your not reading every verse I send you).
And that promise that had the Physical circumcision was fulfilled in Christ and finished. Now we have spiritual circumcision.

• Agree
Reactions: not under law
Upvote 0

StephenDiscipleofYHWH

Jul 11, 2018
Ransom county
✟69,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
(CLV) Mt 15:24
Now He, answering, said, "I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

(CLV) Hb 8:10
"For this is the covenant which I shall be covenanting with the house of Israel after those days," the Lord is saying: "Imparting My laws to their comprehension, On their hearts, also, shall I be inscribing them, And I shall be to them for a God, And they shall be to Me for a people.

Yahshua was commissioned for the lost sheep of Israel. YHWH's covenant is with Israel.

The same was with Moses. The Egyptians that followed him became Hebrews.

Hebrew means to cross over.

There is one law for the native and the sojourner.

YHWH did not make covenant with the nations. We are all to be one in the Father in Yahshua. A house divided won't stand.
We are the New Covenant Jews, we are the house of Israel. The Unbelieving Jews were cut out and the Gentiles grafted into the root(where the believing Natural Jews still are), their kingdom being given to us as the Lord's Spiritual nation and Kingdom of Israel. We are the lively stones fitted together to make this household of God.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yet not even Titus, who was with me, was compelled to be circumcised, even though he was a Greek. 4 This matter arose because some false believers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves. 5 We did not give in to them for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might be preserved for you. Gal2:3-5

Those who want to impress people by means of the flesh are trying to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ. 13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh. 14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation. Gal6:12-15

Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh. 3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh Phil3:2&3

What you mean is ''I can do exegesis to overturn the plain statements of Paul on the subject''

Maybe you need to learn the difference between exegesis and eisegesis.

Upvote 0

not under law

Mar 23, 2020
Worcester
✟18,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Maybe you need to learn the difference between exegesis and eisegesis.
Well to your credit, at least you didn't try to do either of the above(only kidding) to try and overturn the plain statements of Paul on the matter

Upvote 0

not under law

Mar 23, 2020
Worcester
✟18,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Now we just have circumcision of the heart, no outward cutting needed.
Amen
And circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God. Rom2:29

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,095,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Read Hebrews again brother. It is all in there.

God bless you

(CLV) Ac 2:1
And at the fulfillment of the day of Pentecost they were all alike in the same place.

(CLV) 1Co 16:8
Yet I shall stay in Ephesus till Pentecost,

(CLV) Ac 20:16
for Paul had decided to sail by Ephesus, so that he may not be coming to linger in the province of Asia, for he hurried, if it may be possible for him to be in Jerusalem by the day of Pentecost.

(CLV) Ac 12:3
Now perceiving that it is pleasing to the Jews, he proceeded to apprehend Peter also (now they were the days of unleavened bread),

(CLV) Ac 12:4
whom, arresting also, he placed in jail, giving him over to four quaternions of soldiers to guard him, intending after the Passover to lead him up to the people.

(CLV) 1Co 5:8
so that we may be keeping the festival, not with old leaven, nor yet with the leaven of evil and wickedness, but with unleavened sincerity and truth.

(CLV) Ac 27:9
Now, considerable time elapsing, and sailing being already hazardous, because of the Fast also having already passed by, Paul exhorted them,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums