Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
4,458 confirmed coronavirus cases in the U.S. and 88 deaths as of Tuesday morning, up from 3,579 cases and 67 deaths Monday.
A normal yearly flu kills 30,000 every year in the USA.

If we don't reach that, will you admit that you were wrong?

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You realize that for a month it seemed we had a single death, then the number was 7, and yesterday we had 21 people die in a single day. At 21/day we would have over 6,000 deaths in a year. But that would be completely unrealistic, this thing is growing exponentially, doubling every 4 days. At that rate Friday's death rate will be 42.

So admit that I was wrong about what? That this is more serious than the flu? How about this, if in 3 weeks you don't admit that it is more serious than the flu then I am wrong. My claim is this, 3 weeks from now every person in the USA will know that this is far more serious than the flu.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My 60 year old healthy neighbor and a pastor told me that is Covid-19 is not as bad as the media has said. No telling if he is spreading this all over his church???
I think this is a test-run, a drill, to see how prepared the world is for a true pathogen. If people learn to practice hygiene and keep supplies from it, then it's doing good.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No.
So i can come on board, of having worldly thinking like you. Instead of letting the Bible guide me toward what is true. No thanks
So you might have a bit of common sense. The Bible says nothing about COVID-19.

• Haha
Reactions: summerville
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

30,000? In a year? Are you kidding? If we don't have 300,000 dead in the US in the next 60 days then I am wrong. Write it down, May 17, we have less than 300,000 dead from Covid then I am wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am not saying don't take precautions. But it is a test to see how easily people can be controlled if government turns the screw of fear of certain death.
Nonsense!

By saying that 'it is a test to see how easily people can be controlled if government turns the screw of fear of certain death', you are basically saying the level of the threat is not as high as the government is saying.

This invites people to not take the recommended precautions and is exceedingly irresponsible.

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
No one has proven that it is not a government plot. It might be. You can't say it is not the end of the world, for no man knows the day nor the3 hour that the Lord will come. As far as what you say about the t.v. evangelists being charlatans, They preach the Lord Jesus Christ and Him crucified.So in that, I rejoice.

Most TV preachers are swindlers ..

• Agree
Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So i can come on board, of having worldly thinking like you. Instead of letting the Bible guide me toward what is true. No thanks
Where does scripture say anything remotely like this 'In the event of outbreak of pestilence of disease, ye are to ignore the words of highly educated experts'?

How did fundamentalist thinking get so warped that sound science got morphed into 'worldly' thinking?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
you are basically saying the level of the threat is not as high as the government is saying.
No. The threat is real my friend. I amsorry if you got the impression that I was saying it wasn't. I was not implying that at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let every person be persuaded by their own mind.
No, in matter of virology, epidemiology, and public health, let every one be persuaded by duly-trained experts.

Sheesh - the utter nonsense we see in these thread.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Most TV preachers are swindlers ..
I don't know that. And they ask for donations which are free will offerings.I have not heard that anyone was punished for keeping their money and not donating.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A winner post.

Nobody should be able to tell you how to think... That is one of the biggest problems today.
Good grief. The notion that we should come to our own conclusions on complex matters of epidemiology, virology, and public health measures is mind-numbingly stupid.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, which ones are "causing great damage to society"?
People who reject the recommendations of appropriately-qualified experts. In this context - the Covid-19 crisis - if such people do not alter their behaviour, they may well be materially responsible for human deaths.

I would be interested to hear how such people defend themselves on Judgment Day.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No one has proven that it is not a government plot. It might be. You can't say it is not the end of the world, for no man knows the day nor the3 hour that the Lord will come. As far as what you say about the t.v. evangelists being charlatans, They preach the Lord Jesus Christ and Him crucified.So in that, I rejoice.
By definition, charlatans preach false Gospels, false teachings, etc...
And those preaching idolatry for money, on t.v. or in person or other, false Gospels, false teachings, etc... are charlatans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Even IF there is some conspiracy, it is something that is outside of the control of most of us, so we need to focus on what is in our control, and that is doing what we can as a community to limit the spread of the virus.
And find out how to strengthen the immune system God's Way.
And find out what they did in the past, during the black or bugonic plague, - the households that not only remained free of disease, but also the households / the BELIEVING CHRISTIANS were the ONLY ONES who went out in the streets and brought INTO THEIR OWN HOMES the sick to care for them.... (as someone upstairs said to do)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No.

So you might have a bit of common sense. The Bible says nothing about COVID-19.
Is covid a dsease ?
If so, the Bible does talk about it.

One book that revealed this that is now gone, apparently not available any longer, was the book "none of these diseases".... showing that the curse does not happen without a cause, and the Bible clearly reveals this OT and NT.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
.People are scared and I understand.But what will be will be. Yes protect yourself. But this panic is not necessary. Do what your government recommends. That is all you can do. But don't think the government is above pulling the wool over your eyes.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read your Bible.This disease is unlike any we have experienced before. This coupled with all of the crazy weather we are having, the multitude of earthquakes dailu, the daily eruption of volcanoes, corruption in governments, feels to me like labor in the transition phase. If you have not had children I don't expect you will understand that.

The great flu epidemic of 1918 was in conjunction with the first war of the entire world. So, no, this isn't more scary. It's not even more scary than polio, which occurred in conjunction with the possibility of nuclear war.

• Winner
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.