Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,774.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A normal yearly flu kills 30,000 every year in the USA.

If we don't reach that, will you admit that you were wrong?

When I was an active duty Air Force intelligence analyst, I advised a combat flight that if they routed through a particular area toward their target, they would run into enemy defenders.

Based on my warning, they flew a different route. At the mission debriefing, the lead pilot stated, "We didn't run into any of that defense activity you warned us about."

Well, that was because they took the precautions I gave them.

So if people are taking precautions with this disease, then we shouldn't reach the normal yearly flu deaths.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A winner post.

Nobody should be able to tell you how to think... That is one of the biggest problems today.

No. the biggest problems are lack of common sense and superstition.

• Agree
Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,805.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The great flu epidemic of 1918 was in conjunction with the first war of the entire world. So, no, this isn't more scary. It's not even more scary than polio, which occurred in conjunction with the possibility of nuclear war.
People are reacting like it is more scary. They did not close borders or quarantine whole countries or states during the first world war did they? Thed did not sendout the Nation Guard to make people stay at home did they?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
People are reacting like it is more scary. They did not close borders or quarantine whole countries or states during the first world war did they? Thed did not sendout the Nation Guard to make people stay at home did they?
And people who got vitamin c did well. (re flu , virus, and polio)

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,774.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People are reacting like it is more scary. They did not close borders or quarantine whole countries or states during the first world war did they?

Yeah, that actually happens every war.

Thed did not sendout the Nation Guard to make people stay at home did they?

That hasn't happened yet. There was no reason to do that then, there is no reason to do that now.

But they did use local police forces to enforce quarantines in those earlier scares, and that is the implication of localities that have laid down specific ordinances today.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,774.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one is saying don't follow recommendations.

Then the worst case scenarios should not happen, and it doesn't mean that they were wrong if the worst case scenarios don't happen as a result of people taking the advised precautions.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My 60 year old healthy neighbor and a pastor told me that is Covid-19 is not as bad as the media has said. No telling if he is spreading this all over his church???

People saying that and living that are the reason I’m in self-isolation right now. It’s because at home, away from people who think they know more than the experts and have zero regard for anybody but themselves, is the safest place for me to be.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You realize that for a month it seemed we had a single death, then the number was 7, and yesterday we had 21 people die in a single day. At 21/day we would have over 6,000 deaths in a year. But that would be completely unrealistic, this thing is growing exponentially, doubling every 4 days. At that rate Friday's death rate will be 42.

So admit that I was wrong about what? That this is more serious than the flu? How about this, if in 3 weeks you don't admit that it is more serious than the flu then I am wrong. My claim is this, 3 weeks from now every person in the USA will know that this is far more serious than the flu.
What about if in three weeks the death rate is lower. Remember, who the vast majority of people are who are dying, so if in three weeks the numbers are down then that means that either you are wrong about the death rate increasing or people are getting it at a lower rate ( because we are currently fighting to keep the deaths down which if it works will mean FAR fewer people will end up dying of this than of the flu in this country.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
People saying that and living that are the reason I’m in self-isolation right now. It’s because at home, away from people who think they know more than the experts and have zero regard for anybody but themselves, is the safest place for me to be.
Find or seek, and keep seeking, in line with God's Word, His Way, daily.

There's people who do know more, and who lay down their own lives for one another daily.

The safest place for anyone to be is under the Almighty's Wings, in His Protection, anyplace on earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
30,000? In a year? Are you kidding? If we don't have 300,000 dead in the US in the next 60 days then I am wrong. Write it down, May 17, we have less than 300,000 dead from Covid then I am wrong.
Well considering that right now it is right at 100 if people stay home the virus will not spread and we will get nowhere near that NO WHERE

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if people are taking precautions with this disease, then we shouldn't reach the normal yearly flu deaths.
They aren't taking the precautions. Look Cuomo is, and he is passing laws that will require others to make changes. And these will "flatten the curve" a little. 8 days ago the US was on the exact same trajectory as Italy, only 13 days behind them. So now we are 5 days away from Italy, and we are taking serious measures. But the incubation period on this can be 5-10 days. So these affects will not kick in for another 5 or 10 days. Also there is a lot of deceit about these precaution
Well considering that right now it is right at 100 if people stay home the virus will not spread and we will get nowhere near that NO WHERE
OK, 5 days from now US has 200 dead. If it is much less than that you may be right. May 22, Sunday, if the US has 200 dead or thereabouts it has not slowed down.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
They aren't taking the precautions. Look Cuomo is, and he is passing laws that will require others to make changes. And these will "flatten the curve" a little. 8 days ago the US was on the exact same trajectory as Italy, only 13 days behind them. So now we are 5 days away from Italy, and we are taking serious measures. But the incubation period on this can be 5-10 days. So these affects will not kick in for another 5 or 10 days. Also there is a lot of deceit about these precaution

OK, 5 days from now US has 200 dead. If it is much less than that you may be right. May 22, Sunday, if the US has 200 dead or thereabouts it has not slowed down.
That makes no sense because suppose that next week ( with these restrictions we begin losing one or two people a day we will stay remain at well below 300k by mid-May.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Italy right now, we are experiencing a complete and total national lockdown — something that might happen in the US in the near future.

The virus has ravaged our country. Hospitals in the north are on the verge of collapse. Intensive-care units are full of people who are elderly, but also people who are 40 and 50. The streets are empty, and restaurants are closed. You have to have an authorization paper to walk your dog.

Only 10 days ago in Rome, this wasn't the case. The government had closed schools and most sporting facilities, but nothing else. Our teenagers were socializing in the evening with their friends. Kids had time on their hands and were healthy and well rested. Did we, as parents, really want them at home on their screens, where they'd been all day?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
In Italy right now, we are experiencing a complete and total national lockdown — something that might happen in the US in the near future.

The virus has ravaged our country. Hospitals in the north are on the verge of collapse. Intensive-care units are full of people who are elderly, but also people who are 40 and 50. The streets are empty, and restaurants are closed. You have to have an authorization paper to walk your dog.

Only 10 days ago in Rome, this wasn't the case. The government had closed schools and most sporting facilities, but nothing else. Our teenagers were socializing in the evening with their friends. Kids had time on their hands and were healthy and well rested. Did we, as parents, really want them at home on their screens, where they'd been all day?
What this assumes basically is that people do not social distance themselves even with restrictions if they do so this will get more manageable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But this panic is not necessary. Do what your government recommends.
If you mean that panic is useless, I heartily agree. And if you really mean what you write in your second sentence, then I heartily agree and congratulate you on clarifying your position.

Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Because first they covered things up and then they served as an example of how to handle things.
Agreed, but it’s just that I seem to only be hearing a lot of praise of them lately minus any of the “But let’s not forget” blame attached to it. I actually found myself wondering if people even remember.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Man, I hope you are right.
It only makes sense that if people will distance themselves and not spread the virus it will die out before it kills a ton more people.

• Agree
Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Think there was a "set up" to "steer sheeple" around ?

Sure looks like it every day.
It makes me nervous to hear draconian measures being praised without pointing out the bad. It’s almost like I’m waiting for the words Everyone should be more like China! What about the people getting pulled out of their cars and beaten, what about people getting welded inside their homes? What about silencing that young doctor who later died?

I wouldn’t put anything past governments.

Reactions: SashaMaria
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.