Do you believe that every thing that happens is because of God

jim1174

Jul 13, 2007
✟19,518.00
Faith
Catholic
Do you believe that every thing that happens in your life is because of God. Like whether you become rich or poor whether you have a High paying job or low paying job. Or even whether you are married or Single. If someone is low income and lives in the projects can they say that their poor because of God. After all their life is in the hands of God.

RPN

Ryan
Dec 12, 2016
Houston, TX
✟10,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I strongly believe that every happens because God has a different plan for everybody.
  • Some are rich so that they can use their wealth to help society (Bill Gates, Warren Buffett).
  • Some are rich even though they're do bad things so that we can learn to avoid their sin (Bernie Madoff, Enron's executive).
  • Some are poor because God wants to see how devout a person can be even though he's facing hardship in life. His/her test is harder & his/her reward will be more valuable.
  • Some are poor because money + sinful action = straight path to hell. They need to get rid of their sin to find a better life.
In short, God has an unique way to run the world and he's never wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: dhh712
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe that every thing that happens in your life is because of God. Like whether you become rich or poor whether you have a High paying job or low paying job. Or even whether you are married or Single. If someone is low income and lives in the projects can they say that their poor because of God. After all their life is in the hands of God.
No. Everything that happens is the result of original sin. God reveals Himself Spiritually through scripture for every living creature in keeping with His Amazing Grace.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

In a way, sure. God causes things to occur, but He also permits things to occur. Both passive and active. God can permit people to take their own actions to cause such things as richness or poorness, but He could also take an active role in making one rich or poor or his own reasons.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Men thwart God's Plan for their salvation every day.

Not all men, but most.

By rejecting Jesus.

God still gives them a chance day , after day, after day ,
up to some point either when they die,
or before then,
when
God gives them over to believe their own sin(delusion).

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
i don't think God causes suffering anyway. he allows suffering, he allows lots of things to happen. I think the people that really suffer in this life hold a special place in His heart. I cant help but think that all those that suffer in this life, will be either eternally rewarded or rewarded in the next life. Otherwise, it is totally unfair. Divine justice is hard for us to comprehend.

• Agree
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I trust that God is in all-control. What needs our attention is when God is resisting us, through people and things around us. When I get bent out of shape or down about how things are going, this can mean God is resisting what I am doing in ego; and so I need to stop whatever I am doing and submit to God for correction and however He restores me to be with Him in His love and leading, then discover what He has me do :)

He might have me doing the same thing, but in peace and humility and caring, instead of just pushing for something and using people.

• Agree
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I believe God put all the laws in place and gave us free will tho follow them. E.g gravity......It applies to the just and the unjust. It can be used positively, to stop us from floating into outer darkness, or negatively, if one choose to walk off a ledge. We choose to lessen the laws, and follow them negatively or positively. Whether we know about the laws or not, they are followed and we experience their consequences via our outward world/lives.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. (Hebrews 1:3, 1984 NIV)

Everything that exists, exists because of God. Nothing that happens happens without God. But trying to understand God's personality by recognizing that gravity only works because of Him is misguided. In God, pain/suffering/death is the natural consequence of sin. You can certainly say that all suffering is sustained by God because everything only exists because God exists as he is, but it also is a misguided approach to think that helps you understand his desires, goals, and personality.

If you want to know what he is like, then look at Jesus, who chose to die to save you. He works continuously for people's salvation from everything evil and painful. All his commands are so people will know what to do that is best for themselves and their children for the long-term, since we ourselves cannot see the communal, multi-generational, or after-life consequences of our choices. God is love from 1 John 4:8, 16 is the best understanding of what God's core is like upon which the rest of what we see is built. If you don't understand how his love has resulted in gravity and the specific way it works, then you will best understand God by seeing him separately as the operator of the way the universe works and our eternal Savior, and not mix the two.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HawgWyld

May 3, 2013
Benton, Ark.
Visit site
✟21,824.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is, actually, a very "Old Testament" view of things. I don't claim to know a lot about Judaism, but I do know that everything was about God to Israelites in the Old Testament. If a baby was born and thrived, God did it. If a baby did not thrive, God did that, too. That outlook, I think, does create a faith that is quite personal.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hindus have this view of the world. They believe in God(s) and are fatalist in this way.

Christians know God as their Father through Jesus Christ our saviour. We seek a heavenly kingdom not an earthly one. What comes from God is from above, not below.

Maybe put this in General Theology section as not sure what kindof christian advice you are asking for.

Upvote 0

Late Apex

Apr 18, 2017
USA
✟11,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I believe God is in full sovereign control of everything. The Bible is very clear on this.

Amos 3:
[6] Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

"evil" here is to be translated as calamity, or trouble, NOT wickedness. There is NO evil or sin in God. He cannot sin, because there is no sin in Him.

1 Samuel 2:
[6] The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.
[7] The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up.

Sounds like God is in control, completely.

The part that is very difficult for us lowly sinful humans to understand is how can God do all this without doing something wrong? He can and He does, but I cannot fully grasp it. Did God know Adam and Eve would fall? Of course He did, He is God, how could He NOT know? Yet still, God is without fault and perfect in every way, not guilty of forcing sin on His creatures.

Even Jesus Christ was delivered by the determinate council and foreknowledge of God, at the determined time, yet those that crucified Him are GUILTY. That is hard for me to wrap my head around, yet by the grace of God, I believe.

Acts. 2:
[23] Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

• Agree
Upvote 0

dhh712

Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord
Jul 16, 2013
Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Of course. God is Sovereign, therefore he is in control of everything that happens. Those who like to think that God is just in control of the large picture ascribe to him a partial sovereignty, which is not scriptural.

• Agree
Reactions: Late Apex
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You might consider how things worked for Joseph > Genesis 37-50. Joseph was betrayed by his own brothers who sold him into slavery. But He was faithful to God; and God worked things out so Joseph became ruler of Egypt and those brothers came to Egypt during a famine in order to get food. Then Joseph could have done whatsoever he pleased to them, but he helped them and they became reconciled. And Joseph helped to save many people's lives, by managing Egyptian resources so they had enough food during the famine.

So, Joseph made God's use of his horrible situation.

And, since God is all-loving, there were all-loving benefits of how Joseph did things with God :)

So, if you want to know if God is in control. yes :)

And you need to test each situation for how God with you can use that situation for His good . . . all-loving good . . . not only for making things nice for you!

"Test all things; hold fast what is good." (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

Test every thing for how God is able to use it for His all-loving good. Because God is sovereign, He can :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No.

It was believed in the times of Christ that if someone was sickly, deformed or had a disease that they did something to make God angry. That is just not true.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Of course. God is Sovereign, therefore he is in control of everything that happens. Those who like to think that God is just in control of the large picture ascribe to him a partial sovereignty, which is not scriptural.
:doh:

God does not give things that are not good. Your God is not perfect, mine is.

Your username seems fitting.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So, Joseph made God's use of his horrible situation.
Rather as written in Scripture over and over,

Joseph obeyed YHWH, and lived in accord with YHWH, as he had been taught and trained to do. He obeyed YHWH every day. (as did the disciples in the NT, in ACTS, et al ..... )

YHWH used all the circumstances, even the brothers seeking to kill and then selling Joseph into slavery,
YHWH ordained it,
YHWH planned it,
YHWH accomplished it, even though men meant it for evil,
YHWH meant it for good;
YHWH did it.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="dhh712"]Of course. God is Sovereign, therefore he is in control of everything that happens. Those who like to think that God is just in control of the large picture ascribe to him a partial sovereignty, which is not scriptural.[/QUOTE
Amein and HalleluYAH ! :)

Upvote 0