Do you agree with Pres. Trump's decision to support DACA for und. immigrants?

Do you support Pres. Trump's decision to keep DACA?

• Yes, I support DACA

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No, I do not support DACA

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Maybe, Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Good. the youngsters should not be deported.
IF I ran this issue. anyone who fled from any place would be welcome.
However, they would have to be willing to work and not live off the govt.
I think most are willing to work. Also , concerning those fleeing Isis, etc
they too should be let in. However , this next part you might not like.
They would have to be detained in a place , till it was deemed they were no threat.
I mean, Raphael , you have to KNOW isis is sneaking some in under the guise
of pretending to be fleeing ISIS.
IF I were on the run from ISIS , I would have no problem with a program that said
you can come in, but you have to remain here for a while, till we can be sure you are safe.
I would have no problem with that . However, since man is evil,
I can see how this can be used for evil as well. Cheap labor camps etc.
don't laugh. Men are not as GOOD as many think. And those in high places
have some very sinister and wicked plans for us all.
Yeah , I said for us all.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Not the way I would have gone about it but..

10-state coalition threatens lawsuit if Trump doesn't end DACA

Now what I can see happening here is Jeff Sessions making little or no effort to defend DACA, and when the courts strike it down, the Trump administration can just say, "sorry, court's ruling, nothing we can do".

Perhaps Trump wants to end DACA without taking the credit for it...

Upvote 0

curiouskay

Jun 10, 2017
dallas
✟39,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump needs to visit the Statue Of Liberty

STATUE OF LIBERTY

“Give me your tired, your poor/Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free/The wretched refuse of your teeming shore/Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me/I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

"The Statue of Liberty Enlightening the World" was a gift of friendship from the people of France to the United States and is recognized as a universal symbol of freedom and democracy. The Statue of Liberty was dedicated on October 28, 1886. It was designated as a National Monument in 1924. Employees of the National Park Service have been caring for the colossal copper statue since 1933.

In 1892, the U.S. government opened a federal immigration station on Ellis Island, located near Bedloe’s Island in Upper New York Bay. Between 1892 and 1954, some 12 million immigrants were processed on Ellis Island before receiving permission to enter the United States. From 1900-14, during the peak years of its operation, some 5,000 to 10,000 people passed through every day.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There has to be a better way then to deport young people who were raised in the United States. We do need to seal up those boarders and discourage those who would come here illegally. Trump, more then any other issue, made it to the oval office because of his stand on illegal immigration. It's simply time for him to decide how far he is willing to go. More importantly it's up to our Congress and what they actually do in the next session will make us our break us.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

STATUE OF LIBERTY

“Give me your tired, your poor/Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free/The wretched refuse of your teeming shore/Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me/I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

"The Statue of Liberty Enlightening the World" was a gift of friendship from the people of France to the United States and is recognized as a universal symbol of freedom and democracy. The Statue of Liberty was dedicated on October 28, 1886. It was designated as a National Monument in 1924. Employees of the National Park Service have been caring for the colossal copper statue since 1933.

As Stephen Miller pointed out at last month's press conference, that poem wasn't added to the Statue of Liberty until 1903...

...and in any case the notion of basing immigration policy on a poem makes no sense at all.

• Haha
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As Stephen Miller pointed out at last month's press conference, that poem wasn't added to the Statue of Liberty until 1903...
That the poem wasn't added doesn't take away the significance of that poem. It was written 1883 because of the statue and played a vital role in helping secure the funds that built the pedestal for the statue, so we can say that without it the statue may have not been raised.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
That the poem wasn't added doesn't take away the significance of that poem. It was written 1883 because of the statue and played a vital role in helping secure the funds that built the pedestal for the statue, so we can say that without it the statue may have not been raised.

The funds would have raised anyway, and my points still stand. First, the statue was not about immigration, and second the notion of basing policy on a poem is stupid.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟961,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Can you imagine the experience of suddenly being picked up and transported to a different country where possibly (a) you've never been before, (b) have no family, (c) have no one else you even know, (d) have no means have financial support, (e) have no place to live, and (f) maybe don't even speak the language? That is what dreamers could experience if the U.S. decides to expel them. For many, ours is the only country they have known. They are victims of their parents' decisions years before.

I have a client who faces this possibility. He is scared to death. He knows no one in Mexico. He has been in the U.S. since he was brought by his parents as a toddler. In most ways he is more American than Mexican except his skin is brown and he happened to be born in Mexico and spend the first two years of his life there. How is this showing Christian hospitality to strangers?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The funds would have raised anyway, and my points still stand. First, the statue was not about immigration, and second the notion of basing policy on a poem is stupid.
Who said anything against your point about immigration? To think that would just be stupid. :) The point was that Stephen Miller's point about the poem being added in 1903 had no significance to the immigration argument. The US was passing Immigration legislation during the same time that money was being raised to build the pedestal.

Upvote 0

ambc

Mark 12:30-31
Aug 18, 2017
Houston, TX
✟20,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I support DACA. Children brought to the US as illegal aliens didn't choose their undocumented status. It is therefore unfair to penalize them for something that is the fault of their parents. There should be a pathway to citizenship for these undocumented immigrant kids.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
There has to be a better way then to deport young people who were raised in the United States. We do need to seal up those boarders and discourage those who would come here illegally. Trump, more then any other issue, made it to the oval office because of his stand on illegal immigration. It's simply time for him to decide how far he is willing to go. More importantly it's up to our Congress and what they actually do in the next session will make us our break us.

So, now crime is time-dependent?
If I rob people every day for 20 years, I should get to keep
the money and not be prosecuted? These people break
the law every day they are here illegally.

Edit: the wall comes first, with snipers or drones patrolling.
Or sniper drones.

Personally, I would begin by enforcing the law banning
anyone hiring illegal aliens, and jack the fines up to
the level that would put offenders out of business. Then
ban them from receiving state or government aid of any
kind, including schooling and medical care, other than
emergency care. Ban them from buying or renting property,
also with hefty fines that would bankrupt offenders.

See how fast most self-deport.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So, now crime is time-dependent?
If I rob people every day for 20 years, I should get to keep
the money and not be prosecuted? These people break
the law every day they are here illegally.

Edit: the wall comes first, with snipers or drones patrolling.
Or sniper drones.

Personally, I would begin by enforcing the law banning
anyone hiring illegal aliens, and jack the fines up to
the level that would put offenders out of business. Then
ban them from receiving state or government aid of any
kind, including schooling and medical care, other than
emergency care. Ban them from buying or renting property,
also with hefty fines that would bankrupt offenders.

See how fast most self-deport.
You seem to not realize stricter laws has been tried and failed. Hispanics are not all illegal and they vote.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He's not even talking about stricter laws, which haven't been tried, at least not since our current immigration law was enacted in 1965. It's enforcement of existing laws. That is working right now, as immigration levels fall simply from Trump letting ICE do its job...

The Trump Effect — Immigrant Displacement Of American Workers Hits The Wall
I'm not really opposed to getting rid of DACA, I've always thought it was politically motivated anyway. But while Obama was in office it was official policy so if you change this the new law and policy should not be retroactive.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

STATUE OF LIBERTY

In 1892, the U.S. government opened a federal immigration station on Ellis Island, located near Bedloe’s Island in Upper New York Bay. Between 1892 and 1954, some 12 million immigrants were processed on Ellis Island before receiving permission to enter the United States. From 1900-14, during the peak years of its operation, some 5,000 to 10,000 people passed through every day.

If we're going to start basing policy on poems, can we at least use an awesome poem like "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came?" Or something from Tolkien?

Upvote 0