Do women want sex as much as men?

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
True in one sense. We can limp along and maybe do just fine. But that is NOT how God designed marriage to be, and not everyone has that kind of "self control." Indeed, Paul says the opposite in 1 Cor 7. He never says to have more self control for unmet sexual needs. He says it is better to marry than to burn, and for spouses to not neglect their partner in this area. He makes it a matter of stewardship. If your spouse is frustrated, it is YOUR responsibility to remedy that.

That's true as well. This is why communication is so important and why so many couples struggle with issues like sex. They talk to everyone but each other about their desires, needs, fantasies and frustrations.

One thing I would highly recommend to all engaged or even serious couples looking toward marriage is discussing sex ahead of time. Obviously I don't condone sex before marriage but there's nothing wrong with talking about expectations and what the two of you may or may not be into. The more you can discuss it as mature adults the better you'll be equipped to understand each others' desires and drives. Also keep in mind that drives will fluctuate and chances are there will be seasons where both of you will be pretty equal and other seasons where one (or possibly both) of you will feel little or no desire. None of it is bad but communication is vital and focusing on your spouse's pleasure ahead of your own will make things much smoother.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One thing I would highly recommend to all engaged or even serious couples looking toward marriage is discussing sex ahead of time.
LOL! In the congregation where DW and I got married, we were specifically warned NOT to discuss sex in any way shape or form before the "I DOs." Even to acknowledge having a sex desire or thought was to be caught up in perversion and lust. The congregational leaders were known to break up engagements, ship people to other congregations across the country, or kick people out of the church altogether.

Obviously I don't condone sex before marriage but there's nothing wrong with talking about expectations and what the two of you may or may not be into.
Obviously. But I submit that a virgin coming in to the marriage relationship has NO idea what they want or don't want, like or don't like, and no clue as to frequency.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

HerCrazierHalf

closet atheist
Aug 11, 2014
SoCal, US
✟29,273.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Obviously. But I submit that a virgin coming in to the marriage relationship has NO idea what they want or don't want, like or don't like, and no clue as to frequency.
Exactly. I always wonder about this. Assuming one or both are virgins it is not far fetched that once they actually try they may discover they aren't that interested or perhaps would like to try stuff that the other isn't willing to entertain.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. I always wonder about this. Assuming one or both are virgins it is not far fetched that once they actually try they may discover they aren't that interested or perhaps would like to try stuff that the other isn't willing to entertain.

It's all part of learning together. We were both virgins when we got married and we didn't encounter any major issues. You have to be able to have fun and see what works for you. Every couple is different.

Upvote 0