Are women and men psychically different?

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,037.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Are these claims anecdotal rather than statistical?
That is a very fair question, especially relative to historical data. For example, one of the lowest points of British morality happened in the eighteenth century, which was probably typical throughout Western Civilization. Other civilizations such as Hinduism in India have historically maintained an extremely blase attitude to these things which so exercise Christians.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟275,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It depends on who you ask.
Good question. I suppose to those who are worldly, they can argue that it is no worse than 50 years ago. To those who focus most on morals, it is definitely much much worse.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

2 peter is currently a disputed book
Convenient answer.
because of paul many think the commandments abolished, do you follow the 10 commandments?
As Peter states many do not understand Paul's teachings.

For example, many do not understand this verse-

Ephesians 2:15 "Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace;"

He's talking about the ordinances (such as animal sacrifice, etc) that Christ nailed to the cross, not the moral commandments. And yes, most Christians who've achieved repentance try and follow what Christ states -love God with all your heart and soul and your neighbor as yourself. As Christ states, we can hang all the law on those two and we know that he's absolutely correct. Will we fall short of the mark at times, yes of course but we know we have an advocate in Christ so we can get back on the path and into the light when we do.

Paul very clearly states when we walk in the spirit we are fulfilling the "law"

Romans 8:4 "That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

That's just what a Christian does naturally when trying to put the spirit above the flesh. We are naturally fulfilling that law.

Romans 13:8 "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law

That's exactly what Christ states, so you are wrong that he teaches contrary to Christ regarding the law. He's the very second witness to Christ's teachings in verse 8.

Here's another -Galatians 5:14 "For all the law is fulfilled in one word even in this; "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Both Christ and Paul teach this very same thing.

In fact he is always putting the focus on Christ -even when others have tried to put the focus on himself.
If the law if in our hearts then why so much evil in the world
Because the law is not written in everyone's hearts.
Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold,he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

did not Paul say he received his mystery from jesus in secret chambers? where are his witnesses. Witnessing is super important and is a requirement for proper canon. He has none!
Christ was talking about the tribulation/end of this world age. He was stating do not be deceived by those stating Christ was here or there. Paul never claimed to be Christ.
Paual confessed being a liar;
1Co 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
1Co 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
1Co 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
1Co 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
1Co 9:23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.
1Co 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
2Co 12:16 But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless, being crafty, I caught you with guile.
Rom 3:7 For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?
Again, Paul taught on every level. That goes a long way in understanding where Paul is coming from. He's not lying, just teaching from all sides. But it's still the same truth, the same gospel brought forth by Christ.

Also, Mark and Luke were close to Paul and wrote two of the gospels themselves. I don't think they would have followed him at times if they thought he taught anything contrary to Christ. No one for that matter indicated that he ever did so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rose_bud

Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father...
Apr 9, 2010
South Africa
✟32,240.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Good question. I suppose to those who are worldly, they can argue that it is no worse than 50 years ago. To those who focus most on morals, it is definitely much much worse.
Hi there :wave:

Sometimes moral perspectives are not necessarily governed by biblical interpretation of scripture. But by the society you find yourself in and the experience of being within that society. For example there was a time when children were to be seen but not heard. All kind of atrocities were done to them, but they were to be silent as "good children should be"...."a good society"... To those advocating for them society was at its worst.
For those who suffered the atrocities of racial discrimination, society was at its worse. When things changed, those who enjoyed certain privileges because of color it could be heard of them saying 'shaking head' what is the world coming to!....

It also depends on your eschatological view. If ones view of salvation is individualistic and not also communal. There will be more spectators and commentators as communities decline while 'individual seats in heaven are researved'

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Convenient answer.

As Peter states many do not understand Paul's teachings.

For example, many do not understand this verse-

Ephesians 2:15 "Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace;"

He's talking about the ordinances (such as animal sacrifice, etc) that Christ nailed to the cross, not the moral commandments. And yes, most Christians who've achieved repentance try and follow what Christ states -love God with all your heart and soul and your neighbor as yourself. As Christ states, we can hang all the law on those two and we know that he's absolutely correct. Will we fall short of the mark at times, yes of course but we know we have an advocate in Christ so we can get back on the path and into the light when we do.

Paul very clearly states when we walk in the spirit we are fulfilling the "law"

Romans 8:4 "That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

That's just what a Christian does naturally when trying to put the spirit above the flesh. We are naturally fulfilling that law.

Romans 13:8 "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law

That's exactly what Christ states, so you are wrong that he teaches contrary to Christ regarding the law. He's the very second witness to Christ's teachings in verse 8.

Here's another -Galatians 5:14 "For all the law is fulfilled in one word even in this; "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Both Christ and Paul teach this very same thing.

In fact he is always putting the focus on Christ -even when others have tried to put the focus on himself.

Because the law is not written in everyone's hearts.

Christ was talking about the tribulation/end of this world age. He was stating do not be deceived by those stating Christ was here or there. Paul never claimed to be Christ.

Again, Paul taught on every level. That goes a long way in understanding where Paul is coming from. He's not lying, just teaching from all sides. But it's still the same truth, the same gospel brought forth by Christ.

Also, Mark and Luke were close to Paul and wrote two of the gospels themselves. I don't think they would have followed him at times if they thought he taught anything contrary to Christ. No one for that matter indicated that he ever did so.
paul's writings by your own admission are hard to understand. hey should not be used for that reason, furthermore pauls writings add nothing but removes from scripture, he twists the meanings of many things. he changed Jesus simple message of the kingdom of GOD and repentance, Yes paul preaches HIS OWN gospel;

Rom 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. ( paul's arrogance here is blasphemous) it is clearly written that it is Jesus who will judge

Rom 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Many are mislead by paul who was a self proclaimed apostle. No one else but himself and his companion calls him apostle like I mentioned.

Jesus had witnesses and everything he said and done was not done in secret contrary to paul who claim to receive His revelation in secret,. ( NO WITNESSES ) and paul was his own withess.

Jhn 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Jhn 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

Jhn 5:32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

Jhn 5:33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.

Jhn 5:34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

now use your intellect and explain to me why Jesus, the SON of GOD came in flesh to save us and proclain the Kingdom of Heaven and Repentance would change his message through Paul, when his 12 original Apostles were still about?

you may think it is because Paul was sent to the gentiles as he says but it if false for God sent Peter to the gentiles, here is the proof that everyone conviently forgets;

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

Paul went to the gentiles himself beacuse he was rejected by the jews for talking AGAINST THE LAW!

Jesus is the way to eternal life him and only him.

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Act 4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

yes the true Apostles were with jesus 3 years following, learning, preaching, healing NOT Paul who never men jesus, he is the ONLY witness of what he said.

Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
paul's writings by your own admission are hard to understand
I stated that as Peter states many do not understand Paul's teachings. And that's very evident even today

No matter what you believe, Peter and Paul were on the same page about the Lord's long suffering into salvation -

II Peter 3:15 "And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also, according to the wisdom given unto him, hath written unto you;"

Why was the Lord so long suffering? Because he wanted all to come to repentance.

he changed Jesus simple message of the kingdom of GOD and repentance, Yes paul preaches HIS OWN gospel;

Paul's gospel is Christ's gospel. He's also always stating that "if we walk in the spirit... As I said too, he preached just as Christ did about how the law is fulfilled. I showed you those verses where he is a second witness to Christ's teachings. But it's Christ's gospel that leads to salvation. He knows and states this-

Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

I Corinthians 15:1 "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;"

This is the gospel that he's declaring -

I Corinthians 15:2 "By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain."

I Corinthians 15:3 "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures,"

I Corinthians 15:4
"And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

I Corinthians 15:5 "And that He was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

I Corinthians 15:6 "After that, He was seen of above five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep."

I Corinthians 15:7 "After that, He was seen of James; then of all the apostles."

I Corinthians 15:8 "And last of all He was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

I Corinthians 15:9 "For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

He's not raising himself up, he's humbling himself, he's not preaching his own gospel. He admits he himself also received the gospel. Same gospel. Again, his gospel is the gospel of God/Christ. Just because he deals at times with more matters that have some weight does not mean it's any different gospel. But that is why Peter states that those that are unlearned wrest with what he writes at times.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I stated that as Peter states many do not understand Paul's teachings. And that's very evident even today

No matter what you believe, Peter and Paul were on the same page about the Lord's long suffering into salvation -

II Peter 3:15 "And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also, according to the wisdom given unto him, hath written unto you;"

Why was the Lord so long suffering? Because he wanted all to come to repentance.

Paul's gospel is Christ's gospel. He's also always stating that "if we walk in the spirit... As I said too, he preached just as Christ did about how the law is fulfilled. I showed you those verses where he is a second witness to Christ's teachings. But it's Christ's gospel that leads to salvation. He knows and states this-

Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

I Corinthians 15:1 "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;"

This is the gospel that he's declaring -

I Corinthians 15:2 "By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain."

I Corinthians 15:3 "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures,"

I Corinthians 15:4
"And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

I Corinthians 15:5 "And that He was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

I Corinthians 15:6 "After that, He was seen of above five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep."

I Corinthians 15:7 "After that, He was seen of James; then of all the apostles."

I Corinthians 15:8 "And last of all He was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

I Corinthians 15:9 "For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

He's not raising himself up, he's humbling himself, he's not preaching his own gospel. He admits he himself also received the gospel. Same gospel. Again, his gospel is the gospel of God/Christ. Just because he deals at times with more matters that have some weight does not mean it's any different gospel. But that is why Peter states that those that are unlearned wrest with what he writes at times.
I proved to you he was arrogant, a liar and preached HIS own gospel, He really got you to follow him.
Jesus warned us against pharisees. Paul was a pharisee some more warnings;
Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mat 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.

Mat 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold,he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

remember genesis when the serpent used a mix of lies and truths to corrupt human kind, paul did the same.

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Gen 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
Gen 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

if people believe Paul over Jesus they wont make it. the path to eternal life is a narrow one. Jesus has warned us and asked us to be on guard and pray to receive guidance.

just read paul word by word and see the deception and the different message

Peace

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I proved to you he was arrogant, a liar and preached HIS own gospel, He really got you to follow him.
You've proved nothing. I can rightly divide the word and see that he is preaching the same gospel. I posted you those verses. Again seeing that his gospel is Christ's gospel.
And I follow the Father/ Lord Jesus. Paul is just another spreading the same gospel to me -laying that same foundation. And often being a second witness to very specific teachings. One being that all of the law is fulfilled by loving one another -same as Christ taught.

I am against the teaching that we should only follow Paul's teachings today and have posted in other threads stating so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You've proved nothing. I can rightly divide the word and see that he is preaching the same gospel. I posted you those verses. Again seeing that his gospel is Christ's gospel.
And I follow the Father/ Lord Jesus. Paul is just another spreading the same gospel to me -laying that same foundation. And often being a second witness to very specific teachings. One being that all of the law is fulfilled by loving one another -same as Christ taught.

I am against those that only follow Paul's teachings today and have posted in other threads stating so.
well if you do not follow only Paul and know about Jesus teaching it is excellent. Too many people rely only on Paul and forget about Jesus teachings .

Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Male and female he created them ..."

Are women different from men in the ways that they think or is it more truthful to think of any differences between people as mostly independent of sex? I am asking this in a biblical context, creation, and biblical practises may give slightly different messages. And one's interpretive framework will without doubt play a role in one's answer.
The biblical accounts tell the reader that woman, being made from man, is designed differently. They may be represented as 'equal,' but that doesn't mean they biologically the same, nor their roles in particular social structures.

Upvote 0