Do Jehovah Witnesses contradict the Bible?

Milos

Nov 10, 2016
Chicago
✟22,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I have been approached by JW many times. It is also prevalent on college campuses. I have never heard of Jehovah Witnesses nor knew what they really were. Yet from reading the Bible and seeing their beliefs it does not seem to fit with each other. JW do not believe in Trinity, they have their own version of the Bible, and they claim that Jesus was a prophet yet the Bible clearly shows us that Jesus is the lord, he is God. Jesus came in the flesh to save all man.

And Jesus prophesied about organizations skewing and distorting the Bible. Also warns about the antichrist who will claim to be God and deceive many.

I have also been approached by many organizations which I do not know much about telling me that I will go to hell if I don't convert to Islam or I have no salvation if I don't convert to JW. But how can they be correct when they contradict the Bible?

Any Religion that does not believe Jesus is God has to be false correct?

• Agree
Reactions: JakeyB123

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
As Yahweh has always said this, yes.
As His Word also totally agrees, yes.

jws and other religions are enemies of Christ and of His people.
"instead of" / "anti-Christ"/ destroying souls and families and whole regions of people deceived.
Any Religion that does not believe Jesus is God has to be false correct?

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, I don't find JW to be biblical. Whether any of them are saved is up to God, but I would not become a Jehovah Witness myself. I knew a family when I was growing up who were JW, and to me what they focused on was strange and didn't make sense. I didn't find their beliefs to be fully spiritually or psychologically healthy, and I have no idea where they have gotten some of their ideas for not all of it is biblical.

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was born and raised Jehovah's Witness and I can tell you from experience they are hard stuck in their beliefs and spoon-fed Watchtower doctrines and spoon-fed how to judge others by their actions that the Bible condemns when clearly the Bible says not to judge for we shall be judged. When I was born again God reflected all those judgments back on to myself and even more judgements that I had in general in order to convict me of my sin. No they don't believe Jesus is the word made flesh. They believe the word is specifically a god not the God. They basically throw out everything that the Bible teaches about Jesus being God In the Flesh by rewriting a Bible called The New World Translation and then teaching their followers that Jesus was a god and not the God.

However their own Bible contradicts their own teachings in Revelations when every living thing in the universe worships the lamb. When I see a Jehovah's Witness I just encourage them to read Revelations in their own Bible if they want and read every other translation of the Bible that is out there to try to determine whether Jesus really is God or not. In the Old Testament the Lord said there is no other God beside me. That means not even a Lesser God. So they contradict themselves again. They also believe that Jesus was the Archangel Michael when there are several scriptures and their own Bible that contradict that as well.

I have so much dirt on these people that it's not even funny, but the main thing they really should look at is the history of Jehovah's Witnesses, how it is a modalistic religion and neither a trinitarian or polytheistic or monotheistic even. The most important thing they should do is there history on the founder and the prophecies that the Jehovah's Witness organization has made over the past Century or more that never came to pass and the Bible clearly says that a person that prophesize but that prophecy does not come to pass is a false prophet, yet these people still follow this thing blindly. It amazes me.

Now the people stuck in their ways you have absolutely no hope of reaching out to. But the person that desires to know the truth you have a chance with. Those are the people we ought to be witnessing to in this organization, all other men there our words will just fall on deaf ears. These people are so scared of being disfellowshipped because they fell for another teaching other than what the Watchtower Society has brainwashed them into believing. They will lose their status as an elder or any hierarchy positions in the organization or congregation.

Upvote 0