• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

If a man or woman is not a virgin what are they not allowed to do now according to the Bible?

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟193,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Must they now remain celibate now for the remainder of their life and never marry? I am getting mixed answers when looking for this online.

What does the Bible conclude?

Statistics now show that the vast majority of people are not virgins before marriage.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟338,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Must they now remain celibate now for the remainder of their life and never marry? I am getting mixed answers when looking for this online.

Statistics now show that the vast majority of people are not virgins before marriage.
They can't marry a Levite.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,964,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
What are they not allowed to do?
Hello John, they are not allowed to continue having sex .. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5. As the Lord said to the woman caught in adultery, go and sin no more .. John 8:11.

1 Thessalonians 4
3 This is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality;
4 that each of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor,
5 not in lustful passion, like the Gentiles who do not know God.

In fact, if possible, they should get married, especially if the sex resulted in pregnancy.

The above instructions are meant for believers, obviously.

Must they now remain celibate now for the remainder of their life and never marry?
No, but they do need to repent and confess their sin to God, so that they can be forgiven and cleansed of it .. 1 John 1:9. After that they'll need to remain celibate until they marry, not for the remainder of their life.

God bless you!!

--David

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If they repent and conform to God's standard ??. Psalm chapter 103 to document.

A heathen who had messed testicles, can be in congregation. But can't be teachers of God's word.
Duertonmomy chapter 23.
Those with mashed private organs, can't hold high offices.

Jesus came for the spirtualty sick. Not the healthy. Get the picture. Grace is sufficient after Jesus was crucified.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟204,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Isaiah 56
King James Version
56 Thus saith the Lord, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the Lord, speak, saying, The Lord hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.

4 For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

8 The Lord God, which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him

Jeremiah 52:25
He took also out of the city an eunuch, which had the charge of the men of war; and seven men of them that were near the king's person, which were found in the city; and the principal scribe of the host, who mustered the people of the land; and threescore men of the people of the land, that were found in the midst of the city.

Matthew 19:12
For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟204,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Acts 8:27
And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟596,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Jesus told the adulteress to sin no more. It is not a sin for two Christians to marry and stay faithful.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)

"So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten" (in Joel 2:25)

In Jesus you are a different person than you were while doing evil in Satan's kingdom. So, it is not wise to allow that past evil to decide what you with God can do now.

Upvote 0