do animals go to heaven and hell too?

guitarmonster

Jan 5, 2012
✟15,458.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think that the whole animals afterlife thing is more of a "need to know basis" type of subject. People argue about this as well as if aliens exist, or other things unrelated. Many have the belief that if it is not in the bible then it doesn't exist, which means that dinosaurs didn't exist either. I believe the Bible to be a key for our guidance towards God, hence adding tons of additional information on animals, dinosaurs, aliens and Larry King would just make things way more confusing.

When I think of Heaven, I realize that I can't an any way measure it according to the limitations we currently have in this world. If I were to say that when I get to Heaven I would not be allowed to have my former pets with me, would be contradictory to the real of God, which is eternal and without limitation. It's amazing how our relationship with God is very similiar to our relationship with animals. God is our father, our provider and savior. He created us in His image, he also gave us dominion over the animals. We are free to use animals for food, clothing or companionship. I know that animals do not have sin nor do they need to deal with it, unless they are dealing with our sins against them (animal abuse). I have 2 cats that are just under a year old, they are very hyperactive and they get into a lot. I do have to correct them, but I know that they do not view right or wrong the same way I do, because they do not have the knowledge of good and evil. Even when an animal fatally attacks a human being, most of the time that animal is being mistreated or threatened.

• Agree
Reactions: Beloved2018
Upvote 0
Jan 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟7,798.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can only speak from experience here. When my Heaven sent dog Sam passed away, I would still dream of him years later. I asked God for years where did Sam go? The LORD showed me. I was allowed to enter Heaven and visit Sam. Sam was with other dogs in a place in Heaven just for dogs filled with fields where dogs can run free together. The Lord showed me there were places in Heaven for birds ( I have had pet birds, too) and the tropical birds had a place in Heaven for them, and even pigs had their own place. I saw a pig eating grapes at an endless vineyard. Based on this experience, there are Heavenly places for the animals, places in Heaven that are the exact natural surroundings they want, without all the humans and predators around.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lesserblack

Jul 19, 2012
✟15,122.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks assquirrel for your comforting post.

A few years ago, someone posted:

"I don't have any biblical verses to back me up. All I have is my own experience. When my husband passed away I saw him enter into a bright light. With him was my brother and a lot of other people that I didn't know. Also with him was this white cat. My husband never mentioned a cat in the time we were married, so I asked his parents. Sure enough, when he was a child he had a white cat that he loved very much. That cat was with him in Heaven. I have all the confidence in this world that if my pet ever dies I will see them again one day in heaven."

After John Eldredge had to put his dog to sleep he wrote:

"When Scout died, I heard him bark. Not in my memory, not in the past, but in that moment. In the kingdom of God. I thought, Really? Did I just hear that?

I believe that Godpreserves the life of animals. After all, the scripture says the lion will lay down with the lamb. Then there must be at least lions and lambs in the kingdom. Why would God stop there? Many good theologians believe we will see our beloved animals in heaven.....

I asked Jesus, What do dogs do in the kingdom, Lord? And he said, They run. And then I saw Scout, with the eyes of my heart, running with a whole pack of very happy dogs, near the feet of Jesus.

Blaine (his son) said, 'Yes, I heard something too. Right after Scout died. Jesus said, 'He won't give me the ball.' That was Scout's trademark, to come up to you to play ball, tennis ball already in his mouth, but then he wouldn't give it to you. To hear that from Jesus was more precious to us than I can say.

• Friendly
Reactions: Beloved2018
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Before the fall, God created animals. All was perfect. God LOVES His creatures. He sees the sparrow that falls. Just as animals were present before the fall, so shall they be present in the presence of God (once again). All will be restored. Man sinned, not animals. All of creation decays and dies now because of that sin, including animals. However it is written that there are animals in heaven, in the Kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

Leggomyegolas

I can haz popcorn?
Jun 26, 2012
Iowa
✟7,899.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I realize it's not authoritative scripture, but in the book Heaven is for Real, Colton Burpo reported seeing animals in Heaven. However, he wasn't told if they were animals that had lived on Earth and gone to Heaven when they died, or if they were created in Heaven and had always been there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Easy G (G²);61024975 said:
I always was of the the thought that at the end of all things the Lord would recreate all animals and have them be present.

Yep, sounds about right. God delights in His creatures. That's why He created them from the gitgo. Kind'a fits in with "restoration", doesn't it?
4chsmu1.gif

Upvote 0

PrincessBrideOfChrist

Warrior in the making
Sep 26, 2012
Lost in my mind somewhere...
✟8,159.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
My thought is that the bible has other animals in heaven so why not our pets... There is nothing said of course about earthly animals going to heaven but I like to think that God would have them to increase our joy when we join Him.

Upvote 0