do animals go to heaven and hell too?

Ariel Loves

Nov 14, 2015
✟15,133.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe that all animals do go to heaven. I believe this because first of all, technically, we are animals, and new studies are showing just how intelligent animals actually are, so they might be capable to sin (not sure, it might depend on the type of animal) For example, we are classified as primates, and there are some experiments where a monkey will trick another monkey so that he can get the food first. I mean, it's not exactly sinning, but it could be? Who knows. I just believe that all animals have souls. Believing that we are better than animals is a little shallow, IMO. (Side note, I'm not non-denominational, it was an accident when I was setting up my account)
Thank you for your reply and I respect your belief. The Word of God is very clear in demonstrating how we ARE NOT animals...man is made in the image of God and to say we are animals is to say that God is an animal. We are tri-part beings (spirit, soul and body). The Word of God is very clear on this matter. Animals do not have spirits but they do have souls. The Word of God is also very clear on this matter. Souls come from God thus the soul (breath of God) goes back to God upon departure from the natural realm. We are better than animals, we have dominion over the animals thus the Word of God in Genesis. All things were made for His Glory and His Pleasure...all things (man and animals). Animals do not contain knowledge of good or evil. Animals may attack and kill for food, protection or are victims of the sin of man.

Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for your reply and I respect your belief. The Word of God is very clear in demonstrating how we ARE NOT animals...man is made in the image of God and to say we are animals is to say that God is an animal. We are tri-part beings (spirit, soul and body). The Word of God is very clear on this matter. Animals do not have spirits but they do have souls. The Word of God is also very clear on this matter. Souls come from God thus the soul (breath of God) goes back to God upon departure from the natural realm. We are better than animals, we have dominion over the animals thus the Word of God in Genesis. All things were made for His Glory and His Pleasure...all things (man and animals). Animals do not contain knowledge of good or evil. Animals may attack and kill for food, protection or are victims of the sin of man.

What you said is called speciesism, which is the belief that we are better than everything on this earth. I do not believe in that theory. I believe that we are equal to everything, and God wants us to love his creations, not eat and kill them. I believe that every animal on this planet has a soul, and I do not believe in the bible, so I disagree with your belief. God wants us to live in harmony one day, and we cannot do this if we attack and hurt other beings for our benefit.

Upvote 0

Ariel Loves

Nov 14, 2015
✟15,133.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What you said is called speciesism, which is the belief that we are better than everything on this earth. I do not believe in that theory. I believe that we are equal to everything, and God wants us to love his creations, not eat and kill them. I believe that every animal on this planet has a soul, and I do not believe in the bible, so I disagree with your belief. God wants us to live in harmony one day, and we cannot do this if we attack and hurt other beings for our benefit.
Wow...very sad news...I will pray for you.

Upvote 0

digitalchaos

Jan 15, 2018
kimper
✟7,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Revelation 5:8-13 all creatures recognize Jesus as the Savior of the world and praise God right along with redeemed men. In Psalm Psalm 145:-9-10,13,15-21 God loves all His creation and has made plans for all His children and the lesser creatures to enjoy His eternal Kingdom. Romans 8:19 says that the lesser creatures await Christ's return to redeem the sons of God so they, too, will be released from physical death to eternal life.

Upvote 0

Beloved2018

Theotokos, Pregnant With Christ, Save Us!
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
In addition to all the other wonderful replies others have given; remember Jesus says, "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it." John 14:13-14

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
animals in heaven?
There doesn't seem to be any scriptural reason to assume it does there? Yet one wongers if God would make an exception in order to please a Christian's longing to be reunited with his animal friends. I mean, what has he got to lose?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't think animals have souls that require salvation so it's a non-issue.
Not all Christians agree that humans are spirits locked into a material, human body. References to souls Nephesh include animals uin Genesis. Revelation confirms this:

Rev 16:3
And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea

Upvote 0

HopefulHepatica

Beauty from Ashes
Apr 24, 2018
West Coast
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
While I don't see it mentioned anywhere, God did create all life and loves His creation. I was raised to treat all living things humanely and that God wants us to treat even our livestock well and there's a proper way to slaughter an animal for eating (as God provided our authority over that) proving love for all living things. I imagine heaven to be similar in creation but much more beautiful, gardens and trees and birds and other animals, so why not our pets too? But I also imagine being with God and in heaven, we'll feel so complete, we'd be fine either way. :)

Upvote 0

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have seen no evidence in the Bible to directly confirm or deny, but God does say not a single sparrow falls without Him knowing. I think people are more important than animals to God, but I don't think that means animals are unimportant to Him. If you loved Fido and really cared about him, why wouldn't God, who is more loving than any of us could ever be? God died for us because we fell into sin. But while animals are undoubtedly affected by the fall, they are not the original perpetrators, and therefore may not require redemption as humans do.

As for an afterlife for animals, I have a crazy story. One December, the year after we had lost our dog Minky, who was one of the most intelligent animals I have ever met, we were getting ready for Christmas and setting up the tree. It was weird to not have Minky prancing about as he usually had. But the Christmas spirit was still there, even if we wished Minky could have been there for the holidays.
But then, out of the corner of my eye (not directly), I saw Minky, getting up from the space near the heater where his bed used to be and walking out of the room. For a moment, I thought I had just imagined it, but as I turned to my family, I saw they were all looking in the same place in amazement. Both my mom and my two brothers asked if everyone had seen Minky there. We all saw him, for a fleeting moment, at the exact same time, and he was in the exact same place for all of us.

Did God let Minky spend one last moment with us for the holidays? I think so. And I think that such a loving God would never condemn any creature so loved to oblivion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums