Discovering of Aliens Change Your View of Christianity....

Would the discovery of Aliens change your view or mind on Christianity?

• No, I would believe that God had created other intelligent life

• Yes, I would really have to reconsider what the scriptures say

• I would not know what to do

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony

Generic Christian
Nov 2, 2002
Visit site
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
Aliens Aliens, where are those Aliens?

After all these years no "out in the open" contact. Even the simplist form by radio, has happen; and this form would not expose or put them in danger. We hope so much for those Aliens to come, yet we never seem to get that concrete proof.

Note: Removed a portion of your sentence as it contained the use of an unacceptable expression. Please watch the words you use. Thank you.

Upvote 0

layne

ByKr ChYk
Sep 12, 2002
✟640.00
Faith
Pentecostal
<DIV>I really don't see why God would bother making the universe and so many planets if not to make another couple of them full of life, or some life. But if He did that I doubt it would differ very much from our Earth. Wouldn't He create them in his likeness too? Either way, I certainly believe in the possibility of other life, especially considering that they've found cells of some sort on an asteriod or whatever. Who knows if the other forms of life are simply cells, or plants, or animals, or maybe a race like ourselves.

It's still pretty interesting to think about, but if we had any reason to be afraid of an invasion it would probably be prophesied in the bible. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I watched a few shows on the Space channel that compared biblical and mythological instances, as well as pictures on&nbsp;pyramid walls, etc&nbsp;to things they think could actually be extra-terrestrial visits... :D </DIV>

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Apologist
That is absurd. What alien appearances are you talking about?

Are you referring to the stories by those good old boys in the trailer parks that these Aliens only seem interested in? ;)

I'm talking about all the sightings studied by the government (Air Force) and by the experts who have written books about it. Obviously it is just something that you are unaware of.

Upvote 0

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
Originally posted by Leviathan
This is a question that I would like to ask.

If we had hard evidence that Aliens existed, for example.&nbsp; Dead body, an attack, discovered spaceship, communication, etc.&nbsp; How would this change your view of the Chrisitan religion....?

Eph says...

Well we know for sure by definition alone that they DO exist..according to the Bible...!

There are different kinds of angels...good and bad..Some dwell in heaven...Heaven isn't on earth..so they would be considered "alien" to this planet..

Their not from this planet..so by definition they are "alien" to it...!

Upvote 0

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
Originally posted by wblastyn [/i]
What if the aliens claimed they created mankind through genetic engineering (like the Raelians believe)?

Eph chuckles...!

Darn if thats true...maybe we should all have caught the comet that went by the planet a few years ago..just like all those knuckleheads who wore the black nike shoes did...!

:D :D :D

Upvote 0

ikester7579

Jan 10, 2003
Florida
✟1,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
When it comes to aliens, I do not believe there are any. I believe we are alone in the universe. Our solar system was the start of everything. Science has praved that. It expands from it's center. And that's where we are, in the center. Life is to fragile to just pop up on any planet. We have all the things needed to support life here. No other planet in our solar system can do that. Our planet is unique. Tilted axis, ozone layer, the perfect distance from the sun, a moon to control the tides which clean our oceans, water, oxygen and other gasses in just the right amounts etc... There's to many things it would take to support life on other planets. If you think about it, Just one of those things I just mentioned did not exist we would not be here.

Upvote 0

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
Originally posted by ikester7579
When it comes to aliens, I do not believe there are any. I believe we are alone in the universe. Our solar system was the start of everything. Science has praved that. It expands from it's center. And that's where we are, in the center. Life is to fragile to just pop up on any planet. We have all the things needed to support life here. No other planet in our solar system can do that. Our planet is unique. Tilted axis, ozone layer, the perfect distance from the sun, a moon to control the tides which clean our oceans, water, oxygen and other gasses in just the right amounts etc... There's to many things it would take to support life on other planets. If you think about it, Just one of those things I just mentioned did not exist we would not be here.

Eph writes...

What do you make of Angels then..? and Arch Angels..? and Fallen Angels..and Demons....and Cherubims....and Seraphims...not to mention the Rephaim..and the Nephiliem...Where are they all now..? To me they would be considered aliens...

Heaven is an actual place that beings dwell in...God is there...along with many other beings...thats Bible BTW....hard to believe ....but so is a guy coming to life after being dead 3 days and nights in a tomb...and sailing off into the blue...OFF the planet Jesus went to somewhere called "heaven"...So that place...heaven...is filled..bursting with life...that is Alien to this planet...!

So do they exist..? Yes...are they little green men...NO...but they exist..REV says Jesus returns from there...with a host about him...with horses too..! REV 19:14

Paul said "we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against evil hosts in the air about us"...EPH 6:12....Spiritual beings not of this planet..!

Aliens by definition...

Upvote 0

Hector Medina

Questioning Roman Catholic
May 10, 2002
San Antonio,Texas USA
Visit site
✟16,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I chose:No, I would believe that God had created other intelligent life

I have no problem with this situation.
There just has to be other fertile plantes with intellegent life in other galaxys somewhere in this huge universe ;)

I believe we have had some land here before,like the Roswell incident.

God Bless,

Hector

Upvote 0

ikester7579

Jan 10, 2003
Florida
✟1,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If there were aliens and God created them, he would have mentioned it. Those aliens could also contribute to his word when it was written. But they did not because they do not exist. Aliens and UFO are words used when government cannot explain something. To admit something is supernatural is to admit there is a God. So UFOs and Aliens come into the picture. God has nothing to hide. To believe in Aliens is to say that he does.

Angels and Demons live in a spiritual world, one we cannot see. They can effect our everyday life. And they were here long before us and their still here. Very few people will have the honor of seeing whats in the spirit world while here on earth. Some of us have already encountered someone from there they just did not realize it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AndOne

Deliver me oh Lord, from evil men
Apr 20, 2002
Florida
✟20,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Here's a question..

What would you believe if aliens showed up at the UN and presented "proof" through video or whatever that Jesus was real, performed many miracles - including raising a dead man to life, was crucified, and indeed did rise from the grave on the third day after his death. What would you believe if these aliens said - this is the Messiah.

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
19th December 2002 at 03:05 PM caley said this in Post #3 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=519521#post519521)

Did the discovery of people living on other continents on Earth change people's view of Christianity?

Good Question Caley... and probably worthy of a thread of it's own.
In my youth, I listened to a sermon where the pastor stated that all who never knew Christ was destined for eternal torment. He literally stated that millions of people were 'dangling' by a thread over eternal torment due to Christianities lack of not converting them.

That idea still haunts me to this day. The notion of all my ancestors who never knew Christianity, doomed to eternal torment through no fault of their own.

I think the history on the appearance and migration of mankind along with what's being taught in some Christian circles today has seriously changed my viewpoints.

Just my thoughts.

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

ikester7579 said:

weak anthropic principle*.....

also the solar system is definitely not in the centre, science shows** THAT! the solar system is a small ordinary looking star on one arm of an ordinary looking galaxy. other galaxies (ignoring local variations) are moving away because space is expanding, not because they are moving into a bit of space that is further away. their own motion of course may perturb this, for example andromeda is moving towards us (it's pretty close on the grand scheme of things, to the expansion of space can be smaller than it's own relative movement to us) It would be a bit lengthly for me to go over your point properly, but this is the gist of it. If you want me to go into more detail, I will.

*I probably shouldn't infest every forum with science talk, so I'm sorry if I do, please just tell me and I'll confine my comments :)

** science doesn't prove things, except mathematical things. science is a model.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldShepherd

Zaqunraah
Mar 11, 2002
EST
✟21,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Smilin said:
Good Question Caley... and probably worthy of a thread of it's own.
In my youth, I listened to a sermon where the pastor stated that all who never knew Christ was destined for eternal torment. He literally stated that millions of people were 'dangling' by a thread over eternal torment due to Christianities lack of not converting them.

That idea still haunts me to this day. The notion of all my ancestors who never knew Christianity, doomed to eternal torment through no fault of their own.

I think the history on the appearance and migration of mankind along with what's being taught in some Christian circles today has seriously changed my viewpoints.

Just my thoughts.
Unfortunately that view is taught by too many (well meaning, I hope) Evangelicals. But Romans gives us another view.

• Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Upvote 0

OldShepherd

Zaqunraah
Mar 11, 2002
EST
✟21,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
nephilimiyr said:
And what about Romans 1:18-20 ?

What about Romans 1:18-20? Do you think, Rom 1:18-20 cannot be harmonized with Rom 4:15, Rom 5:13?

• Rom 18:1 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
    19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
    20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Did you know that nations and societies that have never heard of the Bible have laws against murder, rape, theft, etc?

Upvote 0
If indeed they are genuine intelligent aliens, that would only mean that God created life elsewhere. Christianity applies to what humanity did and its consequences. Why must we assume that the same rebellion that took place in Eden happened everywhere? Our experience might very well be a very rare anomaly if not unique among God's intelligent material creation.

Upvote 0

KZs

Jul 9, 2003
Hungary
Visit site
✟7,654.00
Faith
Atheist
I don't think anything could shake my faith in God. To be honest I would not be surprised if so called Aliens showed up one day. My question would be then who are they REALLY? Should we immediately beleive everything what they tell us? It depends on WHAT they tell! If what they say contradicts with the Bible then I would think they are Demons and Fallen Angels in reality and they are part of the big deception of Satan.

I have already heard theories that the Human Race was created by these Aliens and they keep coming back to check what's up with us and to show us the "right way" etc. Now these theories only seem to be thoughts of marginal groups and cults but they can well be the bases of a new religion - especially if these "Aliens" once show themselves to the whole World and claim the same...

In that case it would be difficult not to beleive them! Just imagine! They land with their spaceships, get out and claim "We are here to save you" and CNN broadcasts it live. At the same time they would also claim "there's no God, there are only us, Aliens - we have created you".
That would be the perfect deception. I can imagine only very few people would NOT beleive them after such a spectacular and convincing arrival!
Even many Christians (who are weak in their faith) could be deceived in that way!

I am not saying this will be the case. Maybe there's really nothing in it at all and maybe the people who think to have seen UFOs are all mistaken or/and liars, fools etc. But this is also a possibility and I think we have to be ready to stand strong in our faith and never give it up even if the majority of people give it up because of some kind of deception like that and even if we are made to look like fools in the World's eyes just because we stick to our "old faith".

BTW, I think that will be one of the tricks of the Anti-Christ to discredit Christians: he will make us look like fanatical fools, he will ridicule us.

But keep the faith and NEVER give up WHATEVER happens!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.