Discovering of Aliens Change Your View of Christianity....

Would the discovery of Aliens change your view or mind on Christianity?

• No, I would believe that God had created other intelligent life

• Yes, I would really have to reconsider what the scriptures say

• I would not know what to do

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should probably assume that there is a race of hyper-intelligent aliens out there who have cool guns and rays and **** and probably will stop at nothing to destroy all that is human and steal all that is good from us. If there is one thing that the movie "Independence Day" can teach us, it's that in situations such as these, the best thing we can do is to pilot some sort of air-craft directly into the mothership.

Upvote 0

tcampen

Veteran
Jul 14, 2003
✟18,632.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
At the risk of being utterly blasphemous, I wonder why it is not possible that Jesus himself was an Alien with special powers. It would account for all he could do, including coming back to life. And perhaps the Aliens, with there vastly advanced intellegence and abilities, had a reason to send down this messiah figure.

I realize this sounds like absolute craziness to some, but it really cannot be ruled out. It allows for everything in the new testiment to be an accurate reflection of Jesus, but simply provides a previously unknown source behind it.

Hmmmmmmmmm. I wonder...........

Upvote 0

KennySe

Habemus Papam!
Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
✟14,554.00
Faith
Catholic
This following is full of wisdom and is worth re-reading.
(My comments are after the quoted material.)

KZs said:
I don't think anything could shake my faith in God. To be honest I would not be surprised if so called Aliens showed up one day. My question would be then who are they REALLY? Should we immediately beleive everything what they tell us? It depends on WHAT they tell! If what they say contradicts with the Bible then I would think they are Demons and Fallen Angels in reality and they are part of the big deception of Satan.

I have already heard theories that the Human Race was created by these Aliens and they keep coming back to check what's up with us and to show us the "right way" etc. Now these theories only seem to be thoughts of marginal groups and cults but they can well be the bases of a new religion - especially if these "Aliens" once show themselves to the whole World and claim the same...

In that case it would be difficult not to beleive them! Just imagine! They land with their spaceships, get out and claim "We are here to save you" and CNN broadcasts it live. At the same time they would also claim "there's no God, there are only us, Aliens - we have created you".
That would be the perfect deception. I can imagine only very few people would NOT beleive them after such a spectacular and convincing arrival!
Even many Christians (who are weak in their faith) could be deceived in that way!

I am not saying this will be the case. Maybe there's really nothing in it at all and maybe the people who think to have seen UFOs are all mistaken or/and liars, fools etc. But this is also a possibility and I think we have to be ready to stand strong in our faith and never give it up even if the majority of people give it up because of some kind of deception like that and even if we are made to look like fools in the World's eyes just because we stick to our "old faith".

BTW, I think that will be one of the tricks of the Anti-Christ to discredit Christians: he will make us look like fanatical fools, he will ridicule us.

But keep the faith and NEVER give up WHATEVER happens!

We are to test the spirits.

Here's a link for all's consideration.
http://www.seekye1.com/

Upvote 0

tcampen

Veteran
Jul 14, 2003
✟18,632.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
KennySe said:
This following is full of wisdom and is worth re-reading.

That post presents the primary dividing line between many Christians and their athiest/agnostic counterparts found in these forums. The athiest/agnostic acknowledge that they would be forced to change their position in the face of sufficient evidence. What that new position would be, depends on the evidence at hand, but what would still require - even demand - changing.

The other side of the coin is the position found in the quote below. It essentially stands for the position that it is irrelevant what the evidence shows or how strong it is, "I'm going to believe what I believe no matter what."

It is clear how those in these respective camps of thinking can never see eye to eye on so many issues. So here's my question.... how can those that hold the latter view consider themselves intellectually honest?

If Aliens landed on Earth, why couldn't they just be aliens from another planet? Why do they have to be pawns of Satan, or some other evil incarnation? What is so bad about changing your opinion in the light of newer and better evidence?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I don't believe they would be paws of Satan-

If aliens landed on Earth and decided to show us that Christi indeed was real, and the Gospels are indeed true then Christianity would have one of the biggest revivals in history. Here we have living proof that Christ did die in the flesh and resurrected.

Islam would have to abandon its Jesus didn't die on the cross theory.

But lets think of the Aliens.

The Bible says that sin affected the whole universe that means that the aliens would need atonement- they are also fallen.

That also means that they would have needed prior teaching of tales like Adam and Eve, Noah, Jonah, Sodom and Gomorrah, and if I were an alien I would be pretty ****ed that its some humans fault that I am no longer perfect.

Upvote 0

tcampen

Veteran
Jul 14, 2003
✟18,632.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
orthodox1234 said:
I don't believe they would be paws of Satan-

If aliens landed on Earth and decided to show us that Christi indeed was real, and the Gospels are indeed true then Christianity would have one of the biggest revivals in history. Here we have living proof that Christ did die in the flesh and resurrected.

Islam would have to abandon its Jesus didn't die on the cross theory.

But lets think of the Aliens.

The Bible says that sin affected the whole universe that means that the aliens would need atonement- they are also fallen.

That also means that they would have needed prior teaching of tales like Adam and Eve, Noah, Jonah, Sodom and Gomorrah, and if I were an alien I would be pretty ****ed that its some humans fault that I am no longer perfect.

Hey I missed that part in the bible where the acts of Adam and Eve imparted sin onto extraterrestrial aliens. Could you point me to that verse?

Upvote 0
I think one of the finest Christian speculations about sapient life on other worlds was CS Lewis's Space/Ransom trilogy; Out of the Silent Planet , Perelandra and That Hideous Strength. Sure the science was minimum for the time, and the solar system descriptions way out of date, but the story shines....

Upvote 0

tcampen

Veteran
Jul 14, 2003
✟18,632.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
water_ripple said:
I live in rural America a very small town in fact where most aliens are seen. Unfortunately, I have never bared witness to any alien encounter. And if aliens had good intentions wouldn't everyone see them?

That's a great question. Why some people, but not most others? But thousands of people, who do not know eachother, and have no known agenda, claim to have had these experiences. But I think it is a valid point.

Also interesting is if you took the word "alien" out of your quote, and replaced it with "god" or "Jesus" or "Mohammed" or "Vishnu" it still makes sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tcampen

Veteran
Jul 14, 2003
✟18,632.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yael Zedekiah said:
Sons of God, aka Watchers (read the Book of Enoch) or Genesis. Aliens are the return of "As in the Days of Noah, so shall it be before the coming of Christ in the last days.

Maybe the poll should be worded differently.

mt.net/~watcher
Check that site out for Christian view of Aliens. Peace.

Great...as if Aliens revealing themselves to the masses wasn't a big enough deal, they have to be the anti-christ as well!

Can't an alien just be an alien? Does it have to be evil? Do they have to be the spawn of Satan? If fossilized microbes are found on Mars, are they mini-me demons, or does the extraterrestrial life have to be intellegent to be evil?

Upvote 0
Leviathan said:
This is a question that I would like to ask.

If we had hard evidence that Aliens existed, for example.  Dead body, an attack, discovered spaceship, communication, etc.  How would this change your view of the Chrisitan religion....?

I think I would be too freaked out to consider anything!!:help:

Upvote 0

tcampen

Veteran
Jul 14, 2003
✟18,632.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Look,

the bible does not address or even contemplate intellegent life on other planets. Even the concept of other planets alone is unrecognized. It's a non-issue scripturally.

Chritianity didn't fall apart when it was established the Earth was NOT the center of the universe, but rather one of nearly infinite number of planets in an obsure part of one of billions of galaxies. And christianity didn't evaporate from the Earth when it was no longer believed that the universe was just a few thousand years old.

And if, and when, intellegent life on other planets is confirmed, Christianity will survive without having to characterize this discovery as "evil" or "satanic." It will be what it is, and that's that.

Keep this in mind, folks, there are three different space crafts on their way to Mars as we speak looking for signs of life on that planet. Who knows what they'll find, but if they find proof that life exists, or once existed there, will all you Christians suddenly abandon your faith? (Or worse, refuse to believe the finding regardless of the evidence?) I seriously hope not.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.