Discovering of Aliens Change Your View of Christianity....

Would the discovery of Aliens change your view or mind on Christianity?

• No, I would believe that God had created other intelligent life

• Yes, I would really have to reconsider what the scriptures say

• I would not know what to do

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can't answer the question. I have no idea how life came to be, although I suspect evolution. I would assume that He was handing souls out all around, just 'cuz He strikes me as that kind of guy. I would be *fascinated* to find out what they had for religion, if anything.

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Considering that the most likely explanation for aliens is that they are demonic, it could only increase my belief in God. BTW, the rash of alien appearances has been preparing people for something to come FROM THE SKY, so don't be fooled. Be sure it's the real thing, as in Christ's explanation of how he would return.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wryan

Dec 25, 2002
Southern New Jersey
Visit site
✟348.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
The existence of aliens is not something that the Word has closed the door to, so I wouldn't think their existence would strengthen or take away from my belief in Christ.  At this time whose to say whether their angelic or demonic?  I'll admit I would be very wary, but for all we know they could be sinless beings in perfect harmony with God. 

Because of all the abduction stories and sci-fi movies alot of people(myself included) tend to imagine little green beings with grey skin, big eyes, and an affinity for probes.  I sure hope not, but if they brought me over a lightsaber I might be swayed more easily.  :holy: Bill

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apologist

2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by brewmama
Considering that the most likely explanation for aliens is that they are demonic, it could only increase my belief in God. BTW, the rash of alien appearances has been preparing people for something to come FROM THE SKY, so don't be fooled. Be sure it's the real thing, as in Christ's explanation of how he would return.

That is absurd. What alien appearances are you talking about?

Are you referring to the stories by those good old boys in the trailer parks that these Aliens only seem interested in? ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.