Jacksonville
✟7,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am somewhat new to living a Christian Life and being an actual Christian. I am now living with the consequences of my sin from before I came to Christ. The difference now is I am seeking God's will on how to go forward.
I have 2 kids out of wedlock. I am with my 2nd child's father. He is not a Christian. He goes between believing in God and making fun of me for being a Christ follower. He is also still legally married to another women and makes no effort to divorce.
I am having trouble figuring out if God would want me to stay in this relationship.
I read the Bible daily and listen to everything I can about God's will. I just can't figure out what he wants me to do.
Any advice is much appreciated.

• Prayers
Reactions: Joined2krist
Mar 23, 2019
Jacksonville
✟7,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have read 1 Corinthians 7. I reasoned that God through me may bring my boyfriend to Christ. I get a little confused though because we are not married. So the verses in the Bible speaking on marriage may not apply to my situation.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
If he's legally married to someone else, and he's not married to you, you do not need to remain with him.

For the kids sake, try to arrange something so they can see both parents. The kids need that. But seeing you being taken advantage of like that is not a good example.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This may not be a popular view, but I do not believe the scripture specifically addresses all circumstances.

Your situation may require some inspired council so I suggest you find fellowship where you are loved and ask mature believers to consider your individual case.

Blessings,

Carl Emerson.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
This may not be a popular view, but I do not believe the scripture specifically addresses all circumstances.

Your situation may require some inspired council so I suggest you find fellowship where you are loved and ask mature believers to consider your individual case.

Blessings,

Carl Emerson.
I agree, people who can see your situation first hand would know better.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
matthew 19:8-9
matthew 5:28

you are aiding and abetting adultery to continue to be with this guy. things will be more complicated since you had children by this guy but if you are intimate with him you need to stop. if you cannot keep from being intimate with this guy while living with him then you need to live somewhere else.

that would be God's will as adultery is sin. whether you choose to obey His will is up to you.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am somewhat new to living a Christian Life and being an actual Christian. I am now living with the consequences of my sin from before I came to Christ. The difference now is I am seeking God's will on how to go forward.
I have 2 kids out of wedlock. I am with my 2nd child's father. He is not a Christian. He goes between believing in God and making fun of me for being a Christ follower. He is also still legally married to another women and makes no effort to divorce.
I am having trouble figuring out if God would want me to stay in this relationship.
I read the Bible daily and listen to everything I can about God's will. I just can't figure out what he wants me to do.

Blessings, keep seeking God. That is in itself the answer.

But what is God’s will the this particular situation?

Righteousness.

Righteousness is God’s will in any and all situations. Ask God to show you what righteousness is in this situation, and that would be His will.

Blessings as you ask and search.

Much love in Christ, Not me

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

Break up with this man today. Not tomorrow, today. He is in an adulterous relationship with you. Send him packing.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I will say the truth and I'm speaking from my knowledge on God's word, leave the father of your second child, he's not yours. You can make arrangement for your kids to visit their fathers regularly but you're in an adulterous relationship and God doesn't want His children to be involved in such things.

Upvote 0

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Joh 4:16 Jesus said to her, "Go, call your husband, and come here."
Joh 4:17 The woman answered and said, "I have no husband." Jesus said to her, "You have well said, 'I have no husband,'
Joh 4:18 for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly."

Sister, just remember first and foremost that Jesus is not condemning you. Not at all.
The confusion comes because we are all tangled up with our desires and fears.
What God is after always is your heart.
If you will lay down all your fears for the future, if you have no man, no husband, only faith in Jesus, then God may move on your behalf. By that I mean, if you will be honest about it all with God, in prayer, ...Do you want Jesus alone? Your heart does...the soul is afraid to do what your heart wants to do. That is understandable. So you acknowledge to Father that you are UNABLE to obey any written word on it, UNLESS He makes a way, and gives the strength needed or does something, it cannot be done.
God is after your heart before any of the desires you may have are fulfilled.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

The answer is no.

Shacking up with someone who is not your husband, is sin. So you need to leave this man right now.

Now from there, the paths go in various directions. Do you try and marry the guy? I would suggest not likely, unless he is truly interested in being a Christian.

Otherwise, likely not.

But here's a key... even if the man wants to be married to you, you still need to leave until he marries you and is your husband. Don't get caught up in this "well we will get married someday, so I'm going to stay here". That is not an option for a Christian. You need to cut these sinful ties, and start fresh. If you get married, then you can move back in with him as husband and wife.

Otherwise, it is wrong, and you shouldn't do it.

Upvote 0