Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟919,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
oh I just wanted to add (am I missing the edit button?) that there is a group of people who think Australia doesn't exist, that our platypus and kangaroos don't exist. I read they believe that tourists are actually drugged and being taken to some place in South America and that we are all hired actors designed to make them believe Australia is real. All I have to say to that is "Where's my cheque!" If the only evidence of the platypus was bone and fossils I am sure a group would also say it was a creature made by satan. In fact I know when it was first found they thought the platypus was a hoax. Well us Aussies and our animals are no hoax, same way the dinosaurs aren't one. Anyone who doesn't believe this can Google or go on Youtube, there are some hilarious videos made by people who don't believe we are real.

And I found the edit button. :D Thanks for the welcome.

I think people see what they want to see. The same evidence is there but people interpret in ways that suit their worldview.

You're welcome for the welcome. Lol! I've never heard of people who think Australia is a lie. I've heard of flat earthers but I've never heard of people claiming Australia doesn't exist. So funny!

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟919,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Who pays you to say these things? We all know Australia is a big lie. Is it the same company that staged the Moon landings. Soros is behind it, no doubt, and of course Trump.

Lol! Indeed. And people wonder why Atheists don't take Christians seriously when we claim that the earth is only 6,000 years old (I believe it but it does sound ridiculous), that dinos don't exist, that the Earth is actually flat, and that Australia is a lie. Yup no wonder we sound like nutjobs.

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Idromos247

Standing4Jesus247
May 26, 2017
Michigan
✟16,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Creation Museum features a LOT of dinosaurs...unfortunately. Why? Why are they succumbing to evolutionist mythology just to gain attention from kids? A real creationist knows that dinosaurs never existed.

Look, I understand dinosaurs have been a big part of pop culture, but really...it's just a big fat lie fabricated by Satan. Mm-hmm. Satan knew what looked ''cool'' and ''sharp'' to we vulnerable sinful human beings--especially evolutionists!

Due to our sinful nature, it's just natural for us to look at a dinosaur--with claws and teeth and scales--and exclaim ''cool!'' without ever being skeptical. The mass simply wish that dinosaurs existed, and have been refusing to admit that dinosaurs never existed.

But hereby I cry out loud: let go, folks! Don't be sheep!

If you've read any of those evolutionist propaganda, you'd know that dinosaurs existed ''millions of years ago''. Well, if you've read Genesis you'd know that the world is only around 6000 years old. That's like saying ''the Empire State Building is millions of miles away from San Francisco, in the middle of Manhattan''.

And even if we concede about the age issue, million-year-old fossils should still be impossible to find. The Earth is geologically active and layers build upon layers over time. After millions of years, the dinosaur fossils should've had been buried so deep that they'd hit the core of the Earth (assuming it's a globe)!

What's more, if dinosaurs existed, why weren't they on Noah's Ark? God told Noah to being two of EVERY kind, which presumably included dinosaurs (had they existed). And I see no reason for Noah to kill any animal during the flood too.

I know everyone loves dinosaurs, and it's emotionally difficult to let go of them. But...don't you know how much evolutionists love to mention the dinosaurs? They talk about them as if dinosaurs prove evolution! If we ever want to win, dinosaurs are the first issue we should tackle!

Dinosaurs have been a symbol of evil and blasphemy. Satan made an uncanny move that fooled us for centuries. Once you realize that dinosaurs never existed, you'll more understand how God and the world works.

Its obvious that you never did your research. Dinosaurs very much existed. There are evem references in the bible that seem to describe dinosaurs (there is a discription in the book of Job I believe).

Dinosaurs (giant lizard creatures or whatever u want to call them) were created along with all the other animals. When the flood took place Boah would have probably taken eggs on board the ark. All others woul have died during the floof, been covered in mud, and eventually fossilized. After the flood there was probably a age of cold. The world had changed so much and was inhospitable and did not support their life. So thus they went extinct. Im on a phone and dont feel like putting links in this. Go watch Ken Ham and others go through evidence and stuff. Do you research. The bible does not have to say "and the Lord created Dinosaurs". Not everything is 100% spelled out in the bible. You dont need evolution or millions of years to show that the Actual proven skeletons are dinosaurs and that they do not diaprove the bible, but actually fit in.

Your not the first christian to deny science and be wrong. Just look at the religious people that denied the earth being round. I bet they feel smart now.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1st.. Yes i believe the bible.
I believe everything is as the bible states.. 6000 years etc.
I believe evolution is a lie.

But because i believe the bible God states in job the description of two very great creatures. Scaled and one of them.even.puffs sparks and smoke.
And God says he created these beasts along with man . they both exist and were on earth with man .
All of the greater beasts used to be referred to as dragons. It was only a century or so ago that this changed to dinosuars.
Before that they were always called dragons.

But sorry, i appreciate the point your trying to make but its not correct.
God himself told Job he created such things along with man .

I wondered where your coming from with this but then i noted your comment about the earth "assuming its a globe" and that lost most of your credibility in my eyes.

It's important to know the age of the Earth does not matter for us, and that the Bible nowhere says 6,000 something years for Earth itself, but men have calculated the duration of the geneaolgy from Adam to Christ (assuming every generation is being included), so we do have that rough idea of the time length from after Adam left the Garden until Christ, and thus until today. But how much time passed before Adam left the Garden? The Bible does not say. What does matter for us as believers? --> Matthew 7:24-27 -- it can be easy to get caught up in things that won't save, even mere arguments over which version of creationism (one vs another), even just mere time duration (??), and we need to be sure we are all doing as Christ said in verse 24, so that we don't end up in the situation of verse 26-27. The only rock that isn't sand, is only the one He says, of course! :)

I love the book of Job, it's one of my favorites. It can only be best read fully through, from the start, without skipping anything. That way we get the amazing jewel in the middle, along with those wonderful chapters at the end too. Praise the Lord!

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol! Indeed. And people wonder why Atheists don't take Christians seriously when we claim that the earth is only 6,000 years old (I believe it but it does sound ridiculous), that dinos don't exist, that the Earth is actually flat, and that Australia is a lie. Yup no wonder we sound like nutjobs.
Right, and these odd ideas preached by some with ferver, as if gospel, or worse, instead of the gospel -- those notions are not a gospel that can save anyone. Only the true good news saves, as you know, and what can we do for those following instead of Christ their own notions, like YEC, preaching it all their time, making it their center of focus and energy, with devotion? What should you and I do when they trip up and destory some young seeker over the internet, blocking them from reading the Bible with the false stuff about YEC that is not in the Bible?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am confused how does your reply relate to the post you quoted?

ah, I'm not arguing in that post, so it's hard to make sense of my post! Why aren't Christians posting in encouragement more often? And/or clicking 'agree' and 'useful' and 'like' and 'friendly' and 'optimistic' more of the time as they respond to each other? Instead of sharing love and testimony and scripture, they are arguing over their pet ideology/doctrines, very often, as we have seen. So, if I post in support and encouragement of someone in a thread like this one, instead of arguing, it seems like it's not fitting. That's how far off base we get, isn't it?

Reactions: gordonhooker
Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I usually avoid this stuff because I have no strong agenda for it, and I don't care that much. I think there were dinosaurs. The time frame is vague and I tend toward young earth. I don't know how long it took, but millions of years seems off. I don't think Satan did any of this. I think a plausible explanation of earth history that leaves God out can be found and I think it is deliberately provided. God did it. Since no one alive was there to see it, it's all about interpreting the evidence that can be found. Of course people need evidence for their positions and God will always provide such.

Upvote 0

Kerensa

Apr 20, 2017
Kent
✟103,391.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
oh I just wanted to add (am I missing the edit button?) that there is a group of people who think Australia doesn't exist, that our platypus and kangaroos don't exist. I read they believe that tourists are actually drugged and being taken to some place in South America and that we are all hired actors designed to make them believe Australia is real. All I have to say to that is "Where's my cheque!"

Gosh, I'm Australian... there we go, I wasn't aware I don't exist. Or that even if I do, I spent the first 30 years of my life in a country that doesn't exist. :confused: But here you go, someone said it on the internet, so it must be true... (Hang on, that's from a New Zealand site, and presumably they don't exist either. They're always getting left off maps, after all, so that proves it. :D )

And talking of being Australian, I happen to have grown up in a town close to one of the most significant fossil excavation sites in Australia, one that has actually helped to rewrite palaeontologists' understanding of ancient life and particularly of the evolution of mammals. And yes, there are dinosaur bones there as well. So I'm afraid I find it extremely difficult to swallow the idea that dinosaurs were faked or that there's no evidence for evolution or indeed that the earth is only 6,000 years old. Funnily enough, having that background doesn't make it difficult at all for me to believe in God and Jesus and revere the Bible and be a Christian, by the way.

Isn’t a second head standard issue in Tasmania?

Yep. :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The Creation Museum features a LOT of dinosaurs...unfortunately. Why? Why are they succumbing to evolutionist mythology just to gain attention from kids? A real creationist knows that dinosaurs never existed.

Look, I understand dinosaurs have been a big part of pop culture, but really...it's just a big fat lie fabricated by Satan. Mm-hmm. Satan knew what looked ''cool'' and ''sharp'' to we vulnerable sinful human beings--especially evolutionists!

Due to our sinful nature, it's just natural for us to look at a dinosaur--with claws and teeth and scales--and exclaim ''cool!'' without ever being skeptical. The mass simply wish that dinosaurs existed, and have been refusing to admit that dinosaurs never existed.

But hereby I cry out loud: let go, folks! Don't be sheep!

If you've read any of those evolutionist propaganda, you'd know that dinosaurs existed ''millions of years ago''. Well, if you've read Genesis you'd know that the world is only around 6000 years old. That's like saying ''the Empire State Building is millions of miles away from San Francisco, in the middle of Manhattan''.

And even if we concede about the age issue, million-year-old fossils should still be impossible to find. The Earth is geologically active and layers build upon layers over time. After millions of years, the dinosaur fossils should've had been buried so deep that they'd hit the core of the Earth (assuming it's a globe)!

What's more, if dinosaurs existed, why weren't they on Noah's Ark? God told Noah to being two of EVERY kind, which presumably included dinosaurs (had they existed). And I see no reason for Noah to kill any animal during the flood too.

I know everyone loves dinosaurs, and it's emotionally difficult to let go of them. But...don't you know how much evolutionists love to mention the dinosaurs? They talk about them as if dinosaurs prove evolution! If we ever want to win, dinosaurs are the first issue we should tackle!

Dinosaurs have been a symbol of evil and blasphemy. Satan made an uncanny move that fooled us for centuries. Once you realize that dinosaurs never existed, you'll more understand how God and the world works.

I’m failing to see how exactly dinosaurs are an issue nor how removing that aids in anyway the furthering of the gospel. It’s a lot more work than we need to be doing.

• Agree
Reactions: Kerensa
Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’m failing to see how exactly dinosaurs are an issue nor how removing that aids in anyway the furthering of the gospel. It’s a lot more work than we need to be doing.

Besides that...this thread is fairly crazy.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's important to know the age of the Earth does not matter for us, and that the Bible nowhere says 6,000 something years for Earth itself, but men have calculated the duration of the geneaolgy from Adam to Christ (assuming every generation is being included), so we do have that rough idea of the time length from after Adam left the Garden until Christ, and thus until today. But how much time passed before Adam left the Garden? The Bible does not say. What does matter for us as believers? --> Matthew 7:24-27 -- it can be easy to get caught up in things that won't save, even mere arguments over which version of creationism (one vs another), even just mere time duration (??), and we need to be sure we are all doing as Christ said in verse 24, so that we don't end up in the situation of verse 26-27. The only rock that isn't sand, is only the one He says, of course! :)

I love the book of Job, it's one of my favorites. It can only be best read fully through, from the start, without skipping anything. That way we get the amazing jewel in the middle, along with those wonderful chapters at the end too. Praise the Lord!
however the Ages of adam and decendants are given precisely and reiterated numbering the generations untill the arrival of The Saviour.
and the creation is also numbered in days of evening and morning . numbering six days.
every teaching which says or suggests it was longer has to first deny what is plainly written .
God can raise an army of dry bones joining bone for bone and forming flesh on them as the prophet looked on ...
wben the lord jesus comes back ,in a moment he will roll back the heavens like a scroll..utterly demolishing every theory including theoistic evolution .
if God says 6 days
he means what he says .
believe him .

for except you become as a little child cannot see the kingdom

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
however the Ages of adam and decendants are given precisely and reiterated numbering the generations untill the arrival of The Saviour.
and the creation is also numbered in days of evening and morning . numbering six days.
every teaching which says or suggests it was longer has to first deny what is plainly written .
God can raise an army of dry bones joining bone for bone and forming flesh on them as the prophet looked on ...
wben the lord jesus comes back ,in a moment he will roll back the heavens like a scroll..utterly demolishing every theory including theoistic evolution .
if God says 6 days
he means what he says .
believe him .

Very poetic language. Perhaps we should interpret it poetically??

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m still not sure if you guys are parodies or are y’all that scientifically illiterate. If you’re really that ignorant then the American school system has a lot to answer for.

It's not that, it's this: some people's Christianity is based on the Bible. For them, the Bible MUST be perfect, flawless, and every word must be true. If ANYTHING in it is untrue, if ONE LITTLE FACT is false, then it cannot be trusted, and their entire religion falls apart.

For them, then, Genesis with its timelines, must be literally true, exactly as written.

Modern science proposes a different pre-historical timeline, one that is much longer. For those for whom the Bible must be taken strictly literally, and every word absolutely true, this cannot be.

Hence the struggle. It isn't ignorance. Americans with a high school education know the theory of evolution. Some simply do not believe it, because it contradicts Genesis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Dinosaurs never existed ....."

That is mildly depressing, because I will have to stop singing my personal song. And besides, i always wanted a chauffeur that's a "genuwine dinosawruh"!

Alley-Oop, oop, oop, oop-oop
There's a man in the funny papers we all know
He lives 'way back a long time ago
He don't eat nothin' but a bear cat stew
Well, this cat's name is-a Alley-Oop
He got a chauffeur that's a genuwine dinosawruh
And he can knuckle your head before you count to fawruh
He got a big ugly club and a head fulla hairuh
Like great big lions and grizzly bearuhs
(Alley-Oop) He's the toughest man there is alive
(Alley-Oop) Wearin' clothes from a wildcat's hide
(Alley-Oop) He's the king of the jungle jive
Look at that cave man go!! (SCREAM)
He rides thru the jungle tearin' limbs offa trees
Knockin' great big monstahs dead on their knees
The cats don't bug him cuz they know bettah
Cuz he's a mean motah scootah and a bad go-gettah
(Alley-Oop) He's the toughest man there is alive
(Alley-Oop) Wears clothes from a wildcat's hide
(Alley-Oop) He's the king of the jungle jive
Look at that cave man go!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
img_6796_0.JPG
ao5.gif

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-19_18-31-7.gif
    upload_2018-10-19_18-31-7.gif
    16 KB · Views: 8
  • Haha
Reactions: gordonhooker
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if God says 6 days
he means what he says .
believe him .

It seems we agree perfectly in each and every last thing you've said here, but I additionaly understand that we are not told how much time passed during verse 1 before verse 2, and I cannot add the extra assumption it was little or no time. But I have to leave that unset, and allow it could be much of mere time (mere, unimportant, a mere number, and that's what not to argue over and not to have a belief in, but to accept as a something we can guess at and should remember is our guessing, and which in some ways we might be able to learn more about. The Bible isn't a numerical history of mere trivial detail, but is about profound things instead). God didn't tell us the precise age of the Earth before the 1rst day of creation (nor even whether the days of the vision had any time between them, nor even whether they are representative as is normal in visions), because we need faith instead of mere information, and therefore a dating type science discovery is beside the point, because it's faith we need, not mere easy observing of a fact, without faith. A confirmable number would preempt faith, once we finally proved the number (e.g. once we determined the science view of the age precisely enough, in time). But faith is the thing God wants from us! This is why there will never be obvious easy proof that no one could deny, until He comes.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not that, it's this: some people's Christianity is based on the Bible. For them, the Bible MUST be perfect, flawless, and every word must be true. If ANYTHING in it is untrue, if ONE LITTLE FACT is false, then it cannot be trusted, and their entire religion falls apart.

For them, then, Genesis with its timelines, must be literally true, exactly as written.

Modern science proposes a different pre-historical timeline, one that is much longer. For those for whom the Bible must be taken strictly literally, and every word absolutely true, this cannot be.

Hence the struggle. It isn't ignorance. Americans with a high school education know the theory of evolution. Some simply do not believe it, because it contradicts Genesis.
And then they add many assumptions also (I mean the preachers/individuals that came up with and spread those versions about Genesis that are not trusting in mystery and the profound, but instead in their own added assumptions/ideas, and then preached their added ideas about mere duration of time, mere doctrines they invented) -- in addition to what you pointed out -- and believe their assumptions additionally (though those assumptions definitely are not stated in the text), even often without being aware of the assumptions (that is those repeating them later in time after they were invented aren't aware of the assumptions they use). Example: that no time passed during verse 1 before verse 2, for instance, or that verse 1 to 3 are not a sequence (another added assumption yet others may use). And than add to this also that very many often aren't aware of the exact wording of the text very well, even in easier to read translations. They just assume they already understand all things. All those assumptions add up to a lot of rigid doctrines that are not what the Bible actually said at all. Forgive me for preaching, but these assumptions can cause a lot of real harms when preached as if Truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd never recommend someone be so open minded they will believe anything, but if you can be for the time you watch the following, you might find it interesting. Some don't like Murray, and some love him, and though I certainly don't agree with all he teaches, some of it makes very good sense...you decide for yourselves.

Upvote 0