Dinosaurs and Humans Coexisting! (My Thoughts on the Creation Museum)

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Noah's Ark myth died long before Darwin's time.
Darwin's in aitch.

And for the record: amateurs build the Ark, professionals built the Deepwater Horizon.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Darwin's in aitch.

And for the record: amateurs build the Ark, professionals built the Deepwater Horizon.
Nope, his and your fates are the same.

And there was no Ark, no matter how many times you claim a fantasy is true it still did not happen.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

dmmesdale

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Fargo
✟74,412.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Jesus told you the earth is 6000 years old did he?

He did, though some assumptions are necessary.
Then He did not. If He did then show chapter and verse, not talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Upvote 0

dmmesdale

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Fargo
✟74,412.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This makes very little sense.
Remedial comprehension.
Jesus told you the earth is 6000 years old did he?
See above. It is an underhanded personal attack. Sleazy. Your case is weak and that is why you are reduced to snide insinuations. Info is readily available from the New Testament.
Common ancestry is well evidenced,
Faith statement does not count as empirical evidence. The so called evidence is cherry picked. Soft tissue in Dino bones falsifies 50 million-year-old creatures. It is not like anybody predicted soft tissue in Dino bones before the fact. It caught them totally by surprise and did they admit it was falsified by the physical evidence. No! They did damage control because faith cannot be falsified. They are not following the evidence; they are explaining it away.
no one has to prove anything to YECs any more than we feel compelled to convince flat earthers that the Earth is a globe.
Bigotry is compatible with your evolutionary beliefs and why do you have problems with flat Earth if you have no real problems with life from non-life in prebiotic evolution?
It's entertaining to debate with them, but at the end of the day, their ideas are demonstrably wrong and quite clearly ridiculous.
Ridiculous? This is coming from a guy who believes his grandmother had a common ancestor with an onion.

Common Descent is nothing more than a 19th-century assumption. The only reason you like it is because it aligns with your atheistic philosophy. It uselessness to science is only matched by its truth value. There is no truth nor is there any value in assuming a theoretical connect ( a creature of some sort) between apes and modern man.

Most atheists would view Noah as a myth figure in spite of all the written historical accounts and at the same time consider the creature which was a common source for apes and man historical based on nothing more than a story. It is a double standard.
Scientists break 75-million-year-old dinosaur fossils and find blood cells - LA Times
Assessing eight samples from the museum in all, Bertazzo and Maidment and their co-authors were able to find blood cells in two and collagen in three, suggesting that there might be a lot of soft tissue lurking in old fossils. Such a potentially large supply of dinosaur blood and collagen could help paleontologists refine their knowledge of the ancient beasts' natural history, Maidment said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sethrak

Aug 7, 2017
El Dorado County, California
✟49,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Noah~the Ark~ is a fact~I didn't think anyone was so unknowing as to doubt the Ark came to rest On Ararat, It is from one of his,Noah's, sons we trace our heritage~we are from the legendary landing place of the Ark as are our cousins here on this forum~

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Noah~the Ark~ is a fact~I didn't think anyone was so unknowing as to doubt the Ark came to rest On Ararat, It is from one of his,Noah's, sons we trace our heritage~we are from the legendary landing place of the Ark as are our cousins here on this forum~
In fact, the Bible says that the Ark came to rest on the "mountains of Ararat." In biblical times, that was the name of a hilly region of northwestern Iran and present-day Armenia. The mountain in Turkey called Ararat was not given that name until about the 5th century AD.

Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No, there is massive evidence against that myth. It is about as real as Santa Claus. The Santa Claus story has at its base a real man, and the Noah's Ark myth has at its base a real flood. But that is about it.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
See above. It is an underhanded personal attack. Sleazy. Your case is weak and that is why you are reduced to snide insinuations. Info is readily available from the New Testament.

Not an attack at all. It seems you are making an erroneous assumption that the New testament offers an exact record Jesus' words and that Jesus believed in a young Earth.

Faith statement does not count as empirical evidence. The so called evidence is cherry picked. Soft tissue in Dino bones falsifies 50 million-year-old creatures. It is not like anybody predicted soft tissue in Dino bones before the fact. It caught them totally by surprise and did they admit it was falsified by the physical evidence. No! They did damage control because faith cannot be falsified. They are not following the evidence; they are explaining it away.

You are correct, a faith statement does not count as empirical evidence, you are wrong to apply that statement to the TOE though, are you suggesting science doesn't accept common ancestry as well evidenced?

As for "soft tissue in dinosaur bones" I suggest you educate yourself on the topic, rather than getting outdated and foolish information from creationist propaganda sites.

It may have been a surprise when it was first discovered but so what? No one was looking for it before. It might come as news to you but since then many other such discoveries have been made now we know what to look for.

If you wish to offer a critique of the research done to explain the preservation of soft tissue in 70 million year old fossils I'll look forward to it, here are a couple for you to read....

Testing the Hypothesis of Biofilm as a Source for Soft Tissue and Cell-Like Structures Preserved in Dinosaur Bone

A role for iron and oxygen chemistry in preserving soft tissues, cells and molecules from deep time

Bigotry is compatible with your evolutionary beliefs and why do you have problems with flat Earth if you have no real problems with life from non-life in prebiotic evolution?

I'm happy to accept the scientific consensus thanks. If you feel better calling me a bigot though good luck to you.

Ridiculous? This is coming from a guy who believes his grandmother had a common ancestor with an onion.

Common Descent is nothing more than a 19th-century assumption. The only reason you like it is because it aligns with your atheistic philosophy. It uselessness to science is only matched by its truth value. There is no truth nor is there any value in assuming a theoretical connect ( a creature of some sort) between apes and modern man.

Straight out of the Creationist propaganda handbook!

Do you understand the difference between inference and assumption? Do you understand that that inference has been exhaustively tested and confirmed by 10,000's of people of all faiths since the 19th century? Can you grasp the fact that accepting scientific theories is not exclusive to atheists?

Sadly you are wrong about the value of the TOE as an applied science as well. Here's just one article that might improve your understanding, there are plenty more if you care to look.

Comment: Putting evolutionary theory into practice

Most atheists would view Noah as a myth figure in spite of all the written historical accounts and at the same time consider the creature which was a common source for apes and man historical based on nothing more than a story. It is a double standard.

Are there written accounts that confirm the Noah story? I must admit my ignorance of them, I'd be interested if you could post some links.

I don't know where you got the notion of a double standard from, are you seriously suggesting that Noah's flood has as much evidence as common descent?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,750.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No.

Atheism is a religion in the same way:
  1. denying soccer exists
  2. denying bare feed exists
  3. denying balding exists
  4. denying "off" exists
  5. denying stamps exist
  6. denying unemployment exists
  7. .....etc......

lol

Yeah, all those people outside the stadium with the placards, ranting about how soccer doesn't really exist. I see them all the time, AV. All. The. Time.

And also, I'm a Star Trek fan. What's that you say about Captain Picard? He's bald? Lalalalalala I can't hear you! No such thing as bald! He's not bald, it's just that his hair got cloaked while he was a cadet when he had an assignment working on a Klingon cloaking device!

And the only people I ever see denying unemployment are lying politicians.

Upvote 0