DID JESUS REALLY BREAK ANY OF GOD'S LAW?

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before using the law, you must know how to use it lawfully.
And the first thing you need to know about how to use it lawfully is to know that the law was not made for a righteous man. Then Paul explains who the law is for.

Most people I show that to will tell me that a person is righteous until they break the law, so then the law is for them because they are no longer righteous.
But, we who have trusted in Christ have everlasting righteousness. It doesn't go away the next time we break the 10 Commandments.
If it were true that we became unrighteous as soon as we committed a sin, putting us back under the law, this Scripture in 1 Timothy 1 would be meaningless.
Right. The law was not made for the righteous.

1 Timothy 1:9
We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
He gave the Ten Commandments only to those he brought out of Egypt Exodus 20:1.

What has the above got to do with the post you are responding to?
Here you are caught out by quoting a NEW TESTAMENT scripture that says the LAW is for the wicked and you have ignored everything in the post you are responding too.
Dave L said: It kept wicked people in line under threat of death.

Let's have another go?

God's LAW still keeps wicked people in line under threat of death. So it cannot be abolished like your teaching can it Dave

ROMANS 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Can you see you have just shown in your own words God's 10 Commandments are not abolished?

Let's take your comments one step further.

Now in relation to who God's LAW is for, who are the wicked?

Hope you can think a little more as to what you have just agreed to here and the implications to what you are saying here. You have dug yourself a bit of a hole and fell into it scripture wise.

Hope thid helps.

May God help you as you continue in his Word :wave:

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What has the above got to do with the post you are responding to?
Here you are caught out by quoting a NEW TESTAMENT scripture that says the LAW is for the wicked and you have ignored everything in the post you are responding too.

Let's have another go?

God's LAW still keeps wicked people in line under threat of death. So it cannot be abolished like your teaching can it Dave

ROMANS 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Can you see you have just shown in your own words God's 10 Commandments are not abolished?

Hope you can think a little more as to what you have just agreed to here and the implications to what you are saying here. You have dug yourself a bit of a hole and fell into it scripture wise.

Hope thid helps.

The Ten Commandments were only for the Jews who came out from Egypt. And their descendants.
Christ abolished the old covenant on the cross replacing it with the new.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Right. The law was not made for the righteous.

1 Timothy 1:9
We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,

Yep indeed. God's LAW is not made for the rightouess. But Jesus did not come for the rightouess.

MATTHEW 9:12-13
[12], But when Jesus heard that, he said to them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. [13], But go you and learn what that means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

You do not know what the purpose of God's LAW is.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Deuteronomy 5:12-15
Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy,
as the Lord your God has commanded you.
13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
14 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God.
On it you shall not do any work, neither you,
nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant,
nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals,
nor any foreigner residing in your towns,
so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do.
15 Remember that you were slaves in Egypt
and that the Lord your God brought you out of there
with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm.
Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you
to observe the Sabbath day.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Ten Commandments were only for the Jews who came out from Egypt. And their descendants.
Christ abolished the old covenant on the cross replacing it with the new.

Jesus, Paul, James, John and Peter all disagree with you

SCRIPTURE SUPPORT HERE CLICK ME

Your statement above still has not responded to the post you are ignoring.

You were quoting a NEW TESTAMENT scripture that says the LAW is for the wicked and you have ignored everything in the post you are responding too. You NEW TESTAMENT scripture even disagrees with what you are posting in this post as the scripture you supplied is to Christians in the NEW TESTAMENT.

Let's have another go?

Hope thid helps.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exodus 31:13
“Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths.
This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come,
so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.

Ezekiel 20:12
Also I gave them my Sabbaths as a sign between us,
so they would know that I the Lord made them holy.

Ezekiel 20:20
Keep my Sabbaths holy, that they may be a sign between us.
Then you will know that I am the Lord your God.”

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Deuteronomy 5:12-15
“Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy,
as the Lord your God has commanded you.
13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
14 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God.
On it you shall not do any work, neither you,
nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant,
nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals,
nor any foreigner residing in your towns,
so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do.
15 Remember that you were slaves in Egypt
and that the Lord your God brought you out of there
with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm.
Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you
to observe the Sab
bath day.

Here you go Steve, all the 10 Commandments repeated to Christians in the NEW TESTAMENT...

God's 10 COMMANDMENTS in the OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT CLick me.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Keep my Sabbaths holy, that they may be a sign between us

God's ISREAL are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT. *Hebrews 8:10-12
Gentiles are now grafted in to God's ISRAEL (Romans 11:16:27)

HEBREWS 8:10-12
[10]For this is the covenant that I will make with the HOUSE OF ISREAL after those days, said the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
[11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
[12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
[13], In that he said, A new covenant, he has made the first old. Now that which decays and waxes old is ready to vanish away.

ROMANS 11:16-27
[16], For if the first fruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
[17], And if some of the branches be broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them partake of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
[18], Boast not against the branches. But if you boast, you bore not the root, but the root you.
[19], You will say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
[20], Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Be not high minded, but fear:
[21], For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not you.
[22], Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in his goodness: otherwise you also shall be cut off.
[23], And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.
[24], For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?
[25], For I would not, brothers, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.
[26], And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
[27], For this is my covenant to them, when I shall take away their sins.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus, Paul, James, John and Peter all disagree with you

SCRIPTURE SUPPORT HERE CLICK ME

Your statement above still has not responded to the post you are ignoring.

You were quoting a NEW TESTAMENT scripture that says the LAW is for the wicked and you have ignored everything in the post you are responding too. You NEW TESTAMENT scripture even disagrees with what you are posting in this post as the scripture you supplied is to Christians in the NEW TESTAMENT.

Let's have another go?

Hope thid helps.

We are not under the law. Christ abolished it. But we use most of it, minus the Sabbath, for commentary and instruction. The apostles rebuke the Judaizers who preached in your fashion.

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What good is claiming that all ten are in the NT if we are not under law? What does the NT say about those commandments? Are you claiming to have found a directive in the NT that puts gentiles under Sabbath law? Show me.

Why put them in the NEW COVENANT/TESTAMENT at all if they are not a requirement.

JESUS, PAUL, JAMES, JOHN and PETER and all the disciples all kept all of them and taught them all

SCRIPTURE SUPPORT HERE CLICK ME..

Hope this helps

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's ISREAL are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT. *Hebrews 8:10-12
Gentiles are now grafted in to God's ISRAEL (Romans 11:16:27)

HEBREWS 8:10-12
[10]For this is the covenant that I will make with the HOUSE OF ISREAL after those days, said the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
[11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
[12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
[13], In that he said, A new covenant, he has made the first old. Now that which decays and waxes old is ready to vanish away.

Hope this helps
Hold the bus.
I just showed you that "GOD'S WORD" says that the Sabbath is a sign between God and Israel alone. Yet you just sweep "GOD'S WORD" away like it is nothing in order to protect your sabbatarian apologetics. What say you to that?

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We are not under the law. Christ abolished it. But we use most of it, minus the Sabbath, for commentary and instruction. The apostles rebuke the Judaizers who preached in your fashion.

Now according to God's WORD we are only under God's LAW when we are guilty of breaking it (Romans 3:19-20)

Now did you want to get back to the questions asked of you earlier that you have not responded to?

Dave L said: It kept wicked people in line under threat of death.
Let's have another go?

Hope thid helps.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why put them in the NEW COVENANT/TESTAMENT at all if they are not a requirement.

JESUS, PAUL, JAMES, JOHN and PETER and all the disciples all kept all of them and taught them all

SCRIPTURE SUPPORT HERE CLICK ME..

Hope this helps
Now you are scratching at straws.

Just because something appears in the books of the New Testament does not make it a part of the new covenant. They appear because they are important to discuss, something that you are firmly against. (discussion)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now according to God's WORD we are only under God's LAW when we are guilty of breaking it (Romans 3:19-20)

Now did you want to get back to the questions asked of you earlier that you have not responded to?

Hope thid helps.

Your position makes God a liar. He said in Jeremiah, repeated in Hebrews that the New Covenant replaced the Ten Commandments (Old Covenant). Shudder.............

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
.............…
If that's true, why would the Apostle say this? Who would WANT to be under the law?

Galatians 4:21
Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More from that chapter.

Galatians 4:24, 28-31
24 These things are being taken figuratively:
The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai
and bears children who are to be slaves: ...
28 Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise.
29 At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted
the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now.
30 But what does Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son,
for the slave woman’s son will never share in
the inheritance with the free woman’s son.”
31 Therefore, brothers and sisters,
we are not children of the slave woman,
but of the free woman.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hold the bus.
I just showed you that "GOD'S WORD" says that the Sabbath is a sign between God and Israel alone. Yet you just sweep "GOD'S WORD" away like it is nothing in order to protect your sabbatarian apologetics. What say you to that?

Your post was answered by showing you that ISRAEL according to God's WORD is all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. Not rocket science. ROMANS 11:16-27 was posted showing that GENTILES are now grafted in to God's ISRAEL and HEBREWS 8:10-12 was posted to show you that unless you are a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT.

Maybe take some time to digest the scriptures posted to you that disproves your position on the scriptures you posted?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If that's true, why would the Apostle say this? Who would WANT to be under the law?

Galatians 4:21
Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More from that chapter.

Galatians 4:24, 28-31
24 These things are being taken figuratively:
The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai
and bears children who are to be slaves: ...
28 Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise.
29 At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted
the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now.
30 But what does Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son,
for the slave woman’s son will never share in
the inheritance with the free woman’s son.”
31 Therefore, brothers and sisters,
we are not children of the slave woman,
but of the free woman.

No one is "UNDER THE LAW" unless they are guilty of breaking it.

ROMANS 3:19-20
[19], Now we know that what things soever the law said, it said to them who are UNDER THE LAW: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
[20], Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your post was answered by showing you that ISRAEL according to God's WORD is all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. Not rocket science. ROMANS 11:16-27 was posted showing that GENTILES are now grafted in to God's ISRAEL and HEBREWS 8:10-12 was posted to show you that unless you are a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT.

Maybe take some time to digest the scriptures posted to you that disproves your position on the scriptures you posted?
Israel was broken off. We are not grafted into Judaism. (the law)

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0