DID JESUS REALLY BREAK ANY OF GOD'S LAW?

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL, YOU just said, "ONLY the 10 Commandments were abolished"!! Logically, that implies that YOU believe all the others are still in effect. Make up your mind! You sound VERY confused...
No, only the Ten and all that pertained to them. Not the Two Great Commandments.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No, only the Ten and all that pertained to them. Not the Two Great Commandments.

LOL, YOU said "Jesus abolished circumcision on the cross", that is not the 10 Commandments. Can you please make up your mind? The Two Commandments are in Torah too...Deuteronomy and Leviticus!

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL, YOU said "Jesus abolished circumcision on the cross", that is not the 10 Commandments. Can you please make up your mind? The Two Commandments are in Torah too...Deuteronomy and Leviticus!
Moses imported circumcision into the Old Covenant. Christ abolished both on the cross.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Moses imported circumcision into the Old Covenant. Christ abolished both on the cross.

Genesis 17
Yet again, the Two Commandments were part of that Mosaic Covenant... you have cornered yourself and have no way out so you keep screaming about everything being abolished LOL

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 17
Yet again, the Two Commandments were part of that Mosaic Covenant... you have cornered yourself and have no way out so you keep screaming about everything being abolished LOL
““The LORD our God made a covenant with us at Mount Sinai. The LORD did not make this covenant with our ancestors, but with all of us who are alive today.” (Deuteronomy 5:2–3)

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
““The LORD our God made a covenant with us at Mount Sinai. The LORD did not make this covenant with our ancestors, but with all of us who are alive today.” (Deuteronomy 5:2–3)

Your point? Yes, the Mosaic Covenant was made with those present at Sinai...so?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Hmm...??? You said, "No law of the Most High God is null, or void..." Did you misspeak?

Numbers 15:37-39
The Lord said to Moses,
38 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them:
‘Throughout the generations to come you are to
make tassels on the corners of your garments,
with a blue cord on each tassel.
39 You will have these tassels to look at and
so you will remember all the commands of the Lord,
that you may obey them and not prostitute yourselves
by chasing after the lusts of your own hearts and eyes.

I did not misspeak.

1. Where did the Most High God command us to wear tassels?

2. Where does the Most High God Himself ever say that His Law is null or void? I have been through this ad museum on these forums; people keep saying we can do away with the Law but they can never show where the FATHER said this Himself... Only where men have said it.

I am not abdicating my salvation because of doctrine; the Most High God never did away with the Law.

Want to know why that is asinine to begin with? Because the Son of Man, known as Christ is the Literal Living Word of the Most High God. To set aside His Law is to set aside His Word - which would be to set aside part of the Redeemer. God doesn't renege, we do.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The Two Great Commandments preceded it and remain after it.

Um...Deuteronomy and Leviticus was AFTER Exodus and Sinai...but regardless, so what??? You are just speaking in circles making no sense.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Um...Deuteronomy and Leviticus was AFTER Exodus and Sinai...but regardless, so what??? You are just speaking in circles making no sense.
This does not address the fact that you think the Two Great Commandments and the Ten are the same. They pertain to two entirely different groups. The wicked unbelieving majority use the Ten. And the believing remnant use the Two.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did not misspeak.

2. Where does the Most High God Himself ever say that His Law is null or void? I have been through this ad museum on these forums; people keep saying we can do away with the Law but they can never show where the FATHER said this Himself... Only where men have said it.

I am not abdicating my salvation because of doctrine; the Most High God never did away with the Law.

Want to know why that is asinine to begin with? Because the Son of Man, known as Christ is the Literal Living Word of the Most High God. To set aside His Law is to set aside His Word - which would be to set aside part of the Redeemer. God doesn't renege, we do.
Do you observe the New Moon?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes.

2. Where does the Most High God Himself ever say that His Law is null or void?
Probably the same place as the New Moon. ??? I gave you the scripture for tassels. I'm pretty sure that you are familiar with the set aside scripture. (Eph.2:15)

Where did "the Most High God" command us to observe the New Moon?

Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Probably the same place as the New Moon. ??? I gave you the scripture for tassels. I'm pretty sure that you are familiar with the set aside scripture. (Eph.2:15)

I just looked it up, and you are right about tassles!

Numbers 15:38 - 41

Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue:
And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the Lord, and do them ; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring:
That ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your God.​

I wanted it from God Himself, but I found it, and you reminded/showed me. Thanks.

And, ironically, it is in the same place as the new moons et cetera!

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

In Exodus 12, the word "month" means "new moon"

And the Lord spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt saying,

This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you.
The rest is descriptive of how we should use the new moon of the year as a marker for the rest of our celebration of holy days. I don't celebrate "new moons," but I do celebrate the holy days - measured by "new moons." Each "new moon" is the beginning of that month - which would tell you what holy day to celebrate.

Upvote 0

Loren T.

Jun 26, 2018
Hadley
✟24,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
After 21 Pages I'm sure someone has said this: but how can God break his own law? If he broke it then we can be sure that it is no longer needed. It wasn't a matter of him breaking it, it was a matter of him redefining it. Which is exactly what he did. Since he fulfilled all the requirements of the law, it was no longer necessary. The law could only be changed if someone greater then the law was here. Jesus is Lord over the law and had the authority to change it.

• Agree
Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
This does not address the fact that you think the Two Great Commandments and the Ten are the same. They pertain to two entirely different groups. The wicked unbelieving majority use the Ten. And the believing remnant use the Two.

LOL, THAT is your answer??? Ah, I see, you think the 10 Commandments are only for Jews! Right? Yet again, the two are from the Torah also. You do know Yeshua was Jewish, born from the tribe of Judah?

Upvote 0