✟17,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NavyGuy7,
What my friend, are you forcing your brain to understand and accept somthing against logic...?nothing is "Just like that..."...

Jesus created everything out of nothing, is that logical? (spoke things into existance)

We are but a drop in a bucket comapred to Almighty YHWH.

Just because the Holy canon of scripture sometimes goes against our logic does not make it untrue.

Heb 1:1 God, having spoken in former times in fragmentary and varied fashion to our forefathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 has in these last days spoken to us by a Son whom he appointed to be the heir of everything and through whom he also made the universe.
Heb 1:3 He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact likeness of his being, and he holds everything together by his powerful word. After he had provided a cleansing from sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Highest Majesty
Heb 1:4 and became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is better than theirs.
Heb 1:5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son. Today I have become your Father"? Or again, "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son"?
Heb 1:6 And again, when he brings his firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him."
Heb 1:7 Now about the angels he says, "He makes his angels winds, and his servants flames of fire."
Heb 1:8 But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the scepter of your kingdom is a righteous scepter.

Upvote 0

Disippelen

Peaceful Crusader
Dec 22, 2005
Oslo, Norway
✟16,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that there is sufficient material in the Scriptures to prove that Jesus is of the being of God, and hence divine. He is specifically the Son of God, but also at one with the Father. Christian teaching, derived from the Bible, says that Christ is true man and true God, and that God is trinitarian, Father, Son and Spirit.

Much of this has been mentioned by other debaters in this thread, so I won't write more on it now. What I can say is still that a Muslim needs to understand Christianity with an open mind, and not limited by Islamic polemics. If he chooses the latter, then it'll be impossible to understand the testimony of the Bible.

Disippelen :)

Upvote 0

Tdigaetano

Jan 12, 2008
✟7,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Before all exisitance was God, he was present as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

God created the universe, His Son gave it life, and the Holy Spirit gave faith to that life, so, they may know their creator.

The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were not created or seperate in anyway. The Father did not come before the Son, and the Holy spirit did not come last. They were all present since the beginning as One. The relationship we refer to them as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit is because of the order of our creation.

Upvote 0

scriptures

Nov 24, 2007
Quezon City
Visit site
✟16,378.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that there is sufficient material in the Scriptures to prove that Jesus is of the being of God, and hence divine. He is specifically the Son of God, but also at one with the Father. Christian teaching, derived from the Bible, says that Christ is true man and true God, and that God is trinitarian, Father, Son and Spirit.

Much of this has been mentioned by other debaters in this thread, so I won't write more on it now. What I can say is still that a Muslim needs to understand Christianity with an open mind, and not limited by Islamic polemics. If he chooses the latter, then it'll be impossible to understand the testimony of the Bible.

It's all in your mind..... with no scriptures to prove it......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟67,578.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Gary51

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
South Yorkshire, England
✟21,403.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

MarkEvan

Senior Veteran
Jun 15, 2006
Manchester
✟19,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
16So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jews persecuted him. 17Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working." 18For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

John 5

I think this verse has been posted before, but I thought I would post it again as it clearly states why the religious leaders wanted Him dead.....He claimed equality with God in other words He called Himself God.

As to the OP, if you are looking for the exact statement 'I am God' you will not find it. But if you look at the scriptures with your eyes open asking to be lead by God (in honesty) then he will show you the truth.....

'This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased....'

'1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.
14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' " 16From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. 17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.'

Who are you looking for?

Upvote 0

yashualover

Veteran
Nov 12, 2007
Ontario Canada
Visit site
✟17,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
CHRISTIAN APOLOGETICS & RESEARCH MINISTRY
www.carm.org
Jesus' Two Natures
Jesus is God in human flesh. He is not half God and half man. He is fully divine and fully man. That is, Jesus has two distinct natures: divine and human. Jesus is the Word who was God and was with God and was made flesh, (John 1:1,14). This means that in the single person of Jesus is both a human and divine nature. The divine nature was not changed. It was not altered. He is not merely a man who "had God within Him" nor is he a man who "manifested the God principle." He is God, second person of the Trinity. "The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word," (Heb. 1:3, NIV). Jesus' two natures are not "mixed together," nor are they combined into a new God-man nature. They are separate yet act as a unit in the one person of Jesus. This is called the Hypostatic Union.
The following chart should help you see the two natures of Jesus "in action":

GOD MAN He is worshiped (Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33).He worshiped the Father (John 17).He was called God (John 20:28; Heb. 1:8)He was called man (Mark 15:39; John 19:5).He was called Son of God (Mark 1:1)He was called Son of Man (John 9:35-37)He is prayed to (Acts 7:59).He prayed to the Father (John 17).He is sinless (1 Pet. 2:22; Heb. 4:15).He was tempted (Matt. 4:1).He knows all things (John 21:17).He grew in wisdom (Luke 2:52).He gives eternal life (John 10:28).He died (Rom. 5:8).All the fullness of deity dwells in Him (Col. 2:9).He has a body of flesh and bones (Luke 24:39).
The Communicatio Idiomatum
A doctrine that is related to the Hypostatic Union is the communicatio idiomatum (Latin for "communication of properties"). It is the teaching that the attributes of both the divine and human natures are ascribed to the one person of Jesus. This means that the man Jesus could lay claim to the glory He had with the Father before the world was made (John 17:5), claim that He descended from heaven, (John 3:13), and also claim omnipresence, (Matt. 28:20). All of these are divine qualities that are laid claim to by Jesus; therefore, the attributes of the divine properties were claimed by the person of Jesus.
Mistakes Cultists make
One of the most common errors that non-Christian cults make is not understanding the two natures of Christ. For example, the Jehovah's Witnesses focus on Jesus' humanity and ignore His divinity. They repeatedly quote verses dealing with Jesus as a man and try and set them against scripture showing that Jesus is also divine. On the other hand, the Christian Scientists do the reverse. They focus on the scriptures showing Jesus' divinity to the extent of denying His true humanity.
For a proper understanding of Jesus and, therefore, all other doctrines that relate to Him, His two natures must be properly understood and defined. Jesus is one person with two natures. This is why He would grow in wisdom and stature (Luke 2:52) yet know all things (John 21:17). He is the Divine Word that became flesh (John 1:1,14).
The Bible is about Jesus (John 5:39). The prophets prophesied about Him (Acts 10:43). The Father bore witness of Him (John 5:37; 8:18). The Holy Spirit bore witness of Him (John 15:26). The works Jesus did bore witness of Him (John 5:36; 10:25). The multitudes bore witness of Him (John 12:17). And, Jesus bore witness of Himself (John 14:6; 18:6).
Other verses to consider when examining His deity are John 10:30-33; 20:28; Col. 2:9; Phil. 2:5-8; Heb. 1:6-8; and 2 Pet. 1:1.
1 Tim. 2:5 says, "For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." Right now, there is a man in heaven on the throne of God. He is our advocate with the Father (1 John 2:1). He is our Savior (Titus 2:13). He is our Lord (Rom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yashualover

Veteran
Nov 12, 2007
Ontario Canada
Visit site
✟17,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Disippelen

Peaceful Crusader
Dec 22, 2005
Oslo, Norway
✟16,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Scriptures. :)

It's all in your mind..... with no scriptures to prove it......

Are you kidding? Of course I can prove it.

And what about your name? You call yourself "Scriptures", but you don't seem to believe in them... Why?

Well, I'll go on to giving you evidence from the Scriptures of Jesus' divinity and the trinity concept:

John 17:4-5:
4I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. 5And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Jesus had glory with the Father before the world began.

John 20:28-29:
28Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!" 29Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

As you can see, Jesus accepted that Thomas called him "God". It shows that Christ knew who he was, God incarnated.

There are of course many other passages that are relevant, I can provide you with some references if you want. Check out Jesus' words in; Revelation of John 3:14, 22:13; John 8:58 (related to Exodus 3:14).

Lots of verses support the Trinity doctrine...
Apart from what's quoted above you can check out verses like Isaia 9:6, Mark 2:1-12, John 1:1-3, John 1:18, Col 1:15-17, Matt 28:18, 1John 5:5, 2Cor 13:14 etc.

There are many verses that builds the claim of Jesus' divinity. Firstly it is important to understand that he is the Son of God, but then you will also understand that he is of the divine being of God.

Look on the following verse:

Isaiah 9:6:
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

God is: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

And this is even a prophecy.

Jesus came as God incarnated:

John 1:1, 9-11, 14:
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world. 10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 5:21-23:
21For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it. 22Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, 23that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

As you can see from above, the Son was given the same power as the Father to revive the dead, and what's more to pass judgment on the whole world in the end.

And who is it that passes judgment to hell or heaven on Judgment day than God himself?

You also see that we should honor the Son as we honor the Father... Because the honor falls on God anyhow...

And who can forgive sins other but God? Still that is what Jesus does:

When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven." (Mark 2:5)

Well, I can give you more later if you're in need, but I think that this is quite sufficient.

Best,

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟67,578.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Correction, He was not killed for claiming to be God.... He never claim that.....

Wrong..

In their way of thinking.... Paul asked that all be of one mind... just like the Father and Son!

Hey... you got one right. :D

While Jesus is never recorded in the Bible as saying the exact words, “I am God.” That does not mean that He did not proclaim that He is God. Take for example the verse that I posted earlier where Jesus said in John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.” Now look at how Jews’ reacted to His statement, “We are not stoning you for any of these, replied the Jews, but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33). The Jews understood Jesus’ statement to be a claim to be God. In the following verses, Jesus never corrects the Jews by saying, “I did not claim to be God.” That indicates Jesus was truly saying He was God by declaring, “I and the Father are one” (John 10:30). John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I am!" Again, in response, the Jews took up stones in an attempt to stone Jesus (John 8:59). Why would the Jews want to stone Jesus if He hadn’t said something they believed to be blasphemous, namely, a claim to be God?
Also, look at Hebrews 1:8 "But about the Son he says,
"Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever,
and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom."

Jesus is indeed God. :thumbsup::amen:

Now why was He killed? What was Jesus charged with? Wasn't it blasphemy? Both of you might want to read Matthew 26:62-68:
62Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, "Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?" 63But Jesus remained silent.
The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God." 64"Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."
65Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, "He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy. 66What do you think?"
"He is worthy of death," they answered.
67Then they spit in his face and struck him with their fists. Others slapped him 68and said, "Prophesy to us, Christ. Who hit you?"
(Highlights mine).

Upvote 0

scriptures

Nov 24, 2007
Quezon City
Visit site
✟16,378.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 20:17-31

17Jesus said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to (Y)My brethren and say to them, 'I (Z)ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"

18(AA)Mary Magdalene came, (AB)announcing to the disciples, "I have seen the Lord," and that He had said these things to her.

Jesus among His Disciples

19So when it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were shut where the disciples were, for (AC)fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them, "(AD)Peace be with you."

20And when He had said this, (AE)He showed them both His hands and His side The disciples then (AF)rejoiced when they saw the Lord.
21So Jesus said to them again, "(AG)Peace be with you; (AH)as the Father has sent Me, I also send you."
22And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit.
23"(AI)If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained."
24But (AJ)Thomas, one of (AK)the twelve, called (AL)Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
25So the other disciples were saying to him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see in (AM)His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, (AN)I will not believe."
26After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, "(AO)Peace be with you."
27Then He said to Thomas, "(AP)Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing."
28Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"
29Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? (AQ)Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."

Why This Gospel Was Written

30(AR)Therefore many other (AS)signs Jesus also performed in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book;
31but these have been written (AT)so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, (AU)the Son of God; and that (AV)believing you may have life in His name.

What a beautiful passage..... What should be the proper conclusion for this..... That Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God..... So anyone who conclude that Jesus is Almighty God and part of Trinity did not get the sense of it....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.