Did humans descend from Apes?

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Rather than just posting your bizarre interpretations of Biblical passages which when read seem to not support your claims at all, could you please try to come up with a cogent argument supporting your claims?

Yes, I can imagine that you'll find it difficult to convince people of things if you have neither objective verifiable evidence nor a strong logical argument for what you are trying to convince them of.

I interpret your paragraph as saying 'It's really hard to convince someone that God exists unless they already believe in God.'

The empirical evidence is under 11k years of volcanic debris in Lake Van, Turkey. Find a rich TV Evangelist or a Scientist needing funding and tell them where to find empirical, physical evidence of life from another world. It's miles in diameter and worth more than it's weight in Gold.

Upvote 0

AnotherAtheist

Gimmie dat ol' time physical evidence
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2007
East Midlands
✟123,826.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The empirical evidence is under 11k years of volcanic debris in Lake Van, Turkey. Find a rich TV Evangelist or a Scientist needing funding and tell them where to find empirical, physical evidence of life from another world. It's miles in diameter and worth more than it's weight in Gold.

The first part is not incompatible with my post. I am not denying local floods.

I have no idea why you are going on about physical evidence of life from another world. Or the valuation of Lake Van in Turkey.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
If, however, you posit that The Bible is not inspired by God but solely the work of human beings writing from their own knowledge, then perhaps your description works. There may have been a massive flood such that horizon to horizon was water and people caught up in it believed that it was global. However, this would simply mean that the Bible describing a global flood was wrong. Not that we should interpret the Bible as both being infallible and actually meaning to describe a local flood.

The Bible was authored by God the Holy Spirit and totally misunderstood by the ancient Hebrews. The flood story shows that Adam's small Earth was only miles in diameter, and only 22.5 feet on top of its highest mountains. Gen 7:20 It had only 4 Rivers and they all came from one source. Gen 2:10 Texas alone has over 4k Rivers and none of them come from the same source. Sorry, but you have confused Adam's Earth with the present Earth, which will NEVER be destroyed in a Global Flood since it's the 3rd ROCK from the Sun and already covered with water. Amen?

Upvote 0

AnotherAtheist

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2007
East Midlands
✟123,826.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Bible was authored by God the Holy Spirit and totally misunderstood by the ancient Hebrews. The flood story shows that Adam's small Earth was only miles in diameter, and only 22.5 feet on top of its highest mountains. Gen 7:20 It had only 4 Rivers and they all came from one source. Gen 2:10 Texas alone has over 4k Rivers and none of them come from the same source. Sorry, but you have confused Adam's Earth with the present Earth, which will NEVER be destroyed in a Global Flood since it's the 3rd ROCK from the Sun and already covered with water. Amen?

You seem to have misunderstood. I didn't ask for more bizarre interpretations of The Bible. I asked for objective verifiable evidence and cogent arguments for the bizarre interpretations of the Bible that you have already posted.

Adam's world was made in the middle of water with water surrounding it on the 2nd Day. Gen 1:6-8
Our world was NOT made in water but in the big bang which happened on the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4

Adam's firmament/world was brought to our Universe and placed in Lake Van, Turkey 11k years ago. The firmament sank in the Lake releasing Humans (descendants of Adam) into our world. We did NOT evolve from Apes.

Ditto.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
The first part is not incompatible with my post. I am not denying local floods.

I have no idea why you are going on about physical evidence of life from another world. Or the valuation of Lake Van in Turkey.

Adam's world was made in the middle of water with water surrounding it on the 2nd Day. Gen 1:6-8
Our world was NOT made in water but in the big bang which happened on the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4

Adam's firmament/world was brought to our Universe and placed in Lake Van, Turkey 11k years ago. The firmament sank in the Lake releasing Humans (descendants of Adam) into our world. Map: Fertile Cresent, 9000 to 4500 BCE We did NOT evolve from Apes.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Aman777 said:

You seem to have misunderstood. I didn't ask for more bizarre interpretations of The Bible. I asked for objective verifiable evidence and cogent arguments for the bizarre interpretations of the Bible that you have already posted. Ditto.

I bolded and made green the verifiable and ONLY evidence you seem to have missed. Scripture AGREES that there was a beginning (Big Bang) of our Cosmos AND another Universe, made in the middle of Water. I suspect you are trying to dismiss God's Holy Word in favor of your own bias. Amen?

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That’s not evidence it’s just a bible verse. In other words is just a buncha words that anyone could have written and given the history of the Bible , probably did.

You’re the one interpreting natural phenomena through a Bronze Age fable . I’m satisfied that God’s creation by itself, can speak for itself. Which is why I don’t look in the Bible to explain natural phenomena

Upvote 0

AnotherAtheist

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2007
East Midlands
✟123,826.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Aman777 said:

I bolded and made green the verifiable and ONLY evidence you seem to have missed. Scripture AGREES that there was a beginning (Big Bang) of our Cosmos AND another Universe, made in the middle of Water. I suspect you are trying to dismiss God's Holy Word in favor of your own bias. Amen?

I checked your references (yet again) and they do not support your claims.

It's interesting that you are trying to claim that The Bible predicted current scientific knowledge. Can you point to any example of people interpreting The Bible's creation story as a recognisable 'big bang' before scientists came up with the big bang theory? Any clear indication that religious people understood that the universe is expanding before scientists discovered this?

It's strange that creationists try to ignore science, but then still try to claim scientific theories for The Bible?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Dun - dun - duuuun

• Haha
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The Bible has the answer for every question & the solution for every problem.

I have a question - how did God transform silicates and other minerals into lipids, proteins, nucleic acids and such?

And where in the bible is the answer to that question?

Maybe after Hosea 13:16?

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why would silicates form organic chemicals that are used by organisms? I dun geddit. Silicates are made of of silicon like silica ( quartz or quartzite)

Other minerals ? Well some of the most common elements in the universe are carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen.

Why would I look in the Bible for that info?

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why would silicates form organic chemicals that are used by organisms? I dun geddit. Silicates are made of of silicon like silica ( quartz or quartzite)

Other minerals ? Well some of the most common elements in the universe are carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen.

Why would I look in the Bible for that info?

"The Bible has the answer for every question & the solution for every problem."

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ron and carol , humans have never evolved away from being apes , have never evolved away from being primates , have never evolved away from being mammals ,have never evolved away from being vertebrates, have never evolved away from being chordates, have never evolved away from being bilaterians, have never evolved away from being deuterostomes and have never evolved away from being multicellular eucaryotes

• Agree
Reactions: Jjmcubbin
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
I checked your references (yet again) and they do not support your claims.

False. Here are the references:
Adam's world was made in the middle of water with water surrounding it on the 2nd Day.Gen 1:6-8

Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Put ANY object in water and you too can divide the waters above the object from the water below the object. It's the way water works when you immerse an object in water.

Gen 2:4 ¶ These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Adam's Earth was made the 3rd Day, not the 2nd Day whan Adam's firmament was made. Notice also that Lord God (YHWH/Jesus) made Adam's Earth and NOT God. This is very important since Jesus ALWAYS makes temporary things. It takes the agreement of God the Trinity to "create" eternally.

That's two strikes. Further Scriptural study is indicated.

It's interesting that you are trying to claim that The Bible predicted current scientific knowledge. Can you point to any example of people interpreting The Bible's creation story as a recognisable 'big bang' before scientists came up with the big bang theory? Any clear indication that religious people understood that the universe is expanding before scientists discovered this?

NO religious people ever told a story of the Big Bang of our Cosmos. ONLY God the Trinity KNEW the entire scientific Truth more than 3k years ago. It's proof of the Literal God which will be revealed to ALL FLESH in the last days of this Earth.

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of My Spirit (Spirit of Truth) upon all flesh:

Don't look now, but "all flesh" includes you. Science will reveal God's Truth of Genesis in the last days before Jesus returns. God Bless you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Ron and carol , humans have never evolved away from being apes , have never evolved away from being primates , have never evolved away from being mammals ,have never evolved away from being vertebrates, have never evolved away from being chordates, have never evolved away from being bilaterians, have never evolved away from being deuterostomes and have never evolved away from being multicellular eucaryotes

Humans were not made in WATER, like every other living creature was. We were made from the dust of the ground by the Hands of Jesus long BEFORE any other creature. You have confused the sons of God (prehistoric people) with Humans (descendants of Adam). Were you brain washed by the False ToE as a child?

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Interesting.

In my experience, if you know very little about science, one might be tempted to accept the claims of creationist propagandists, but if you know a lot of science, you see the claims for what they are.

But please, tell me about some anatomy that indicates creation.

I agree

Larger brain = smaller mouth
Smaller mouth = less room for teeth

It's not rocket science.

There actually is a gene that mutated and reduced the size of our jaw muscles . If you look at a gorilla, you see those jaw muscles attach to a crest on top of the head ( sagittal crest) our smaller muscles attach on the side of our heads. ( I’ll wait while you go look in a mirror . If you chew, those muscles pop out and you can see where they attach to your skull)

Were you brain washed by the False ToE as a child?
Actually yes, I did understand that humans were animals by the time I was 8 . If we’re mammals and vertebrates we have to be animals. I understood that other land vertebrates had the same basic anatomy because I saw pictures of forelimbs of several other vertebrates around age 10 . I also had pets :dogs, cats ,various rodents , birds, turtles, fish and snakes . And I’m houseplant crazy -the aroids (AKA related-to-philodendrons). I’ve always accepted evolution from an early age. And having it confirmed as an adult while getting a biology degree made it not much of a surprise . I was actually severely shocked that creationists still existed and that was around the mid 1980s when I first realized that they did. Severely shocked , as in mouth dropping open and hitting the floor, shocked

Last edited:
Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,545.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
so mammal have never evolved away from being reptiles since they evolved from reptiles?

Upvote 0