Shropshire
✟186,379.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's wrong on so many levels I really don't know where to begin, so I'll just say that I don't think that the "mentally impaired", as you put, are guaranteed a minimum level of Christ's peace, and that they get this through their ”ignorance" and not through grace. How does that work exactly?

You also haven't answered my question about why illiterate people can't understand scripture. What about severely dyslexic people - can they not understand scripture?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's wrong on so many levels I really don't know where to begin, so I'll just say that I don't think that the "mentally impaired", as you put, are guaranteed a minimum level of Christ's peace, and that they get this through their ”ignorance" and not through grace. How does that work exactly?

You also haven't answered my question about why illiterate people can't understand scripture. What about severely dyslexic people - can they not understand scripture?
You are putting words into my mouth. What does Paul mean when he says?

“For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise: and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.” 1 Corinthians 1:26–27 (NCPB)

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't really have a theological method. I learn as I go, both from theory (reading some theology) and trying to live as a Christian in practice.

When I was Presbyterian, the issue of morality was raised more often. Now I'm Catholic, concern for others is a bigger part of the equation. My wife is Baptist, and their preaching is more often about the fundamental call of Christ as saviour. The flavour varies with the church, or denomination.

I suppose I have one bias. If I pick up a book on theology or Christian living, and I find there's a whiff of anti-Catholicism in it, I won't buy it. Having been both Protestant and Catholic, I know first hand how much rubbish some Protestants peddle about Catholics and the Catholic Church.

So I'm selective in what I read. That doesn't mean I won't read Protestant authors, but I'm on the alert.
There's prejudice on both sides.
I also have been Catholic.
And, I find, that there IS truth to the biases on both sides.

I like Scott Hahn and C.S. Lewis.
I stop reading when encountering hyper grace and calvinism. Except for What Love Is This? Good.
Who Moved the Stone should be read by everyone.
F. Morris?

Upvote 0