DeSantis Debunks Book Ban Hoax

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You can give permission or not. It's your option. But you can't take that option away from others.
However that is not the case. Parents do NOT have to give their permission for the kids to have access to the books. That's the problem here.

And not only that these books are obscene and sexually graphic. Do you believe obscene and/or sexually graphic books ought to be in a kids library? Do you support kids having access to sexually explicit material?

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Oh good grief, you really think there are tv shows that show a kid sucking on another kids penis? Where do you get that idea from?

You know sex education is supposed to be science and not erotica right? No x rated material in sex ed for kids.

Or do you actually support that?
So what makes it erotica?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Do you or do you not support sexually explicit material b ing shown to children and allowed access by children? It's a simple question. And if you are confused here is a definition for you.

And here's a definition for erotica

eroticain American English​

(iˈrɑtɪkə; ɪˈrɑtɪkə)
PLURAL NOUN
books, pictures, etc. having to do with or intended to arouse sexual feelings or desires

So if you are showing or allowing to be read or seen books etc that have to do with sexual arousal or feelings it's erotica.

And by the definition of sexually explicit then we have books that are accessible to kids that fit the definition.

Are you for allowing kids access to that or not?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

There's an OP, read it, it contains a link to the filth you're defending....watch it.

People shouldn't be so unbelievably lazy that they just defend something controversial without knowing what's inside.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Do you or do you not support sexually explicit material b ing shown to children and allowed access by children? It's a simple question. And if you are confused here is a definition for you.

And here's a definition for erotica

eroticain American English​

(iˈrɑtɪkə; ɪˈrɑtɪkə)
PLURAL NOUN
books, pictures, etc. having to do with or intended to arouse sexual feelings or desires

So if you are showing or allowing to be read or seen books etc that have to do with sexual arousal or feelings it's erotica.

And by the definition of sexually explicit then we have books that are accessible to kids that fit the definition.

Are you for allowing kids access to that or not?
I guess it's up to the parents but I don't know of sexually explicit material being passed to children.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
There's an OP, read it, it contains a link to the filth you're defending....watch it.

People shouldn't be so unbelievably lazy that they just defend something controversial without knowing what's inside.
Maybe they shouldn't but maybe they shouldn't be homophobic either

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I guess it's up to the parents but I don't know of sexually explicit material being passed to children.

You were told to read the OP so you would see what you're defending.

That's exactly what you're defending.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe they shouldn't

They definitely shouldn't, because when they try to speak intelligently on things they know nothing about, they look like idiots lol.

but maybe they shouldn't be homophobic either

I don't think you'd know homophobic if you tripped over it. Now, if you want to watch two guys exploring each other, or a man and a boy doing the same, that's on you. You want your kids exposed to it...be my guest. Leave me out.

I'm a happily married straight man, and I don't share your tastes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Are you okay with this being in schools and libraries where the kids do NOT have to have parental permission to look at it?

Why is this so hard?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
They definitely shouldn't, because when they try to speak intelligently on things they know nothing about, they look like idiots lol.

I don't think you'd know homophobic if you tripped over it. Now, if you want to watch two guys exploring each other, or a man and a boy doing the same, that's on you. You want your kids exposed to it...be my guest. Leave me out.

I'm a happily married straight man, and I don't share your tastes.
Lol, don't know homophobic if they tripped over it. That actually made me laugh out loud.

I think you are right though. That word has been thrown around so much that it's quite meaningless anymore.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Lol, don't know homophobic if they tripped over it. That actually made me laugh out loud.

I think you are right though. That word has been thrown around so much that it's quite meaningless anymore.
Careful, you’re liable to learn something!

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
You want your kids exposed to it...be my guest. Leave me out.
Good, you're out. This is an extreme one-of-a-kind case that was brought to the forefront so we could have debates precisely like this one. The issue seems to be is it better to ban books or allow people to choose what they want to read. If done in an educational format and not posed as erotica there could be educational value. I was about 5 when I asked my mom where babies come from and she showed me what was at the time a groundbreaking book that showed the inside of a woman via camera, showed a developing fetus, and it explained in detail how babies were made. I don't think it harmed me one bit. I think erotica is not suitable for kids of course but if it's educational it may be worth a look. You can't really send your kids to be educated in public school, then try to control what they teach.
Are you okay with this being in schools and libraries where the kids do NOT have to have parental permission to look at it?

Why is this so hard?
Book banning is one step away from book burning but what about a compromise? Maybe the book is available but you need a signature from a parent to check it out. Sex happens we all know it so do kids. Do we shield them from reality or educate them?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Good, you're out. This is an extreme one-of-a-kind case that was brought to the forefront so we could have debates precisely like this one.

Watch the video in the OP. There's lots of books. It's not one of a kind.

And you're still defending it.

The issue seems to be is it better to ban books or allow people to choose what they want to read.

People can choose what they want to read. Buy the book. No need for it in a library where children can access it.

If done in an educational format and not posed as erotica there could be educational value.

One of the books literally gives children instructions on how to download gay hookup apps on their phones for anonymous gay sex.

That's what you're defending.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
And you're still defending it
Not necessarily defending it but keeping an open mind
People can choose what they want to read. Buy the book. No need for it in a library where children can access it
People can't choose what they want to read in a library?
One of the books literally gives children instructions on how to download gay hookup apps on their phones for anonymous gay sex.

That's what you're defending.
Gay hookup apps, I didn't realize that. That should be an 18 and over activity if that's what is really going on.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not necessarily defending it but keeping an open mind

No let's be honest, I called it homoerotic garbage and you tried to chastise me for it. It's not a great defense of the material, because it's really just an ad hominem attack on me....but it's the best you can muster without actually doing any leg work to see what's in the books.

People can't choose what they want to read in a library?

I don't recall issues of Hustler at my local library. Do you know why?

Gay hookup apps, I didn't realize that. That should be an 18 and over activity if that's what is really going on.
This is really the problem @rturner76...

None of this is new.

You can go back a year on this forum and see threads about these exact same books....literally....and see people defending them. You'll also see me in many of those threads explaining what is in the books.

Yet for nearly a year, people made a conscious decision to defend this stuff...despite not once actually looking at what they were defending.

And I'm forced to consider what exactly is the problem? Misinformation? Laziness? Stupidity? All the information was available a year ago. All it required was typing in a book title, followed by the words "controversial content" and then looking at the results, looking at the images.

All told, it's actually far less work than posting a thread and making multiple posts.

I'm left ti conclude that the real problem is these people, whatever their failings are, shouldn't have any ability to influence politics at all.

• Winner
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Book banning is one step away from book burning but what about a compromise? Maybe the book is available but you need a signature from a parent to check it out. Sex happens we all know it so do kids. Do we shield them from reality or educate them?

Should we have Hustler magazine in the school libraries then? I mean as long as the parent signs a note that says the kids can check it out and read it? Some books SHOULD be banned from libraries where kids have access to it. We as a society recognize this. Why don't you? I'll tell you what. Go get these books or look them up on line and peruse what's in them, then get back with us in why you think these books are appropriate for kids. Tell us why books with pictures of boys sucking someone's penis is okay to have in a library. Defend that.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
No let's be honest, I called it homoerotic garbage and you tried to chastise me for it. It's not a great defense of the material, because it's really just an ad hominem attack on me....but it's the best you can muster without actually doing any leg work to see what's in the books.
Who cares? Is it bad because it's sexual or bad because it's gay. There is a difference between homoerotica and educational material
I don't recall issues of Hustler at my local library. Do you know why?
I don't think these books are akin to Hustler but more akin to educational material for those who's parents would disown them if they were gay
I'm left ti conclude that the real problem is these people, whatever their failings are, shouldn't have any ability to influence politics at all.
Maybe you shouldn't either it's 2023

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Should we have Hustler magazine in the school libraries then? I mean as long as the parent signs a note that says the kids can check it out and read it? Some books SHOULD be banned from libraries where kids have access to it. We as a society recognize this. Why don't you? I'll tell you what. Go get these books or look them up on line and peruse what's in them, then get back with us in why you think these books are appropriate for kids. Tell us why books with pictures of boys sucking someone's penis is okay to have in a library. Defend that.
Would a man licking a girl's vagina be better? Is the issue that it's sexual or it's gay?

Upvote 0