Democrats Commit Political Suicide at Joint Session

The Shredder

Jan 9, 2005
✟541.00
Faith
Christian
arnegrim said:
I agree the election system needs to be overhauled... BUT... they weren't just 'voicing their concerns'.

As someone pointed out earlier... there are better ways to make their points and open discussion... NOT what they did.
To me, it's all about opportunity, and media attention. That is the way of the world these days. You need to do something that will give an issue publicity, be it good or bad. Because I think if they never did this, then the chance of really getting to the bottom of this issue would never happen.

Most people are smug with mediocrity and let's say they wanted to make some changes and have some discussion in May, I'm sure it wouldn't be covered and no one would even want to consider a debate on what reforms need to be made.

Upvote 0

Cliche Guevara

Oct 17, 2004
✟1,362.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
arnegrim said:
Interesting...

So... in 2000 the Democrats railed against the electoral college... because they felt a majority vote should decide.

Now... in 2004, the Democrats are railing against the idea of a majority vote and are relying on the electoral college to overturn the results.

Ummm... could you guys make up your minds please...

I don't think you understood me - I think the electoral college should be abolished. That has always been my stance, as it doesn't do anything to further democracry, but inhibits it and makes it a plutocracy.

Also, where did I say the results of the election should be overturned, hmmnn?

I have merely said the whole electoral system needs reform - I have never said anything different.

Upvote 0

arnegrim

...still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Jun 2, 2004
California
✟13,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cliche Guevara said:
I don't think you understood me - I think the electoral college should be abolished. That has always been my stance, as it doesn't do anything to further democracry, but inhibits it and makes it a plutocracy.

Also, where did I say the results of the election should be overturned, hmmnn?

I have merely said the whole electoral system needs reform - I have never said anything different.

Note... I was not directing the comments at you... hence 'the Democrats'... not 'you'.

As for overhauling the electoral... I don't think it should be abolished... but a representational one put into place.

Upvote 0

Cliche Guevara

Oct 17, 2004
✟1,362.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
arnegrim said:
Note... I was not directing the comments at you... hence 'the Democrats'... not 'you'.

As for overhauling the electoral... I don't think it should be abolished... but a representational one put into place.

Oh, okay, sorry - you had quoted me in your post, so I assumed you were challenging me.

:)

Upvote 0

Law of Loud

Apparently a Librul Moonbat <[wash my mouth][wa
Aug 31, 2004
Seattle
✟10,493.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I decided to respect Ditto, and have corrected my title. I think I'm somewhere around the middle, but that's moonbat land as I see.

Sycophant said:
I am not entirely sure, but I think it has to do with political and world views - therefore, taking the Political Compass as a guide, I have mapped out where I thnk Moonbats reside.
moonbats.gif

The red dot is where Ditto resides on the Political Compass, and the blue area is the home to the Moonbats. At least that's what I speculate.

This is only an estimation.

Upvote 0