Democrats block relief funds for millions of people.

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You think a Nobel Peace Prize then? Just for that post?
Probably not a Nobel Peace Prize. That can go to Trump. I was thinking more along the lines of "award for doing a great job at pulling what someone said out of proportion." Sounds about right, yeah?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SkyWriting said:
Probably not a Nobel Peace Prize. That can go to Trump. I was thinking more along the lines of "award for doing a great job at pulling what someone said out of proportion." Sounds about right, yeah?
(I was trying to blow the comment out of proportion, but I guess I didn't go big enough.)

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SkyWriting said:

(I was trying to blow the comment out of proportion, but I guess I didn't go big enough.)
Now wait a second here. People are out of work because of the pandemic. They are facing evictions, foreclosures and all kinds of other bills piling up. Stress and depression are at high levels and I am hearing resistance here about the government helping people out. How did I blow anything out of proportion?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's because there is always the perception that if things are awful now, a change of leadership is worth trying.

What with Trump bungling the pandemic, lying to us about it, calling our troops "suckers" and "losers", inciting racial hatred, and all the rest, we really don't need much more to convince Americans that he needs to be removed from office this November.

He ran on "what do you have to lose?" Now that we know, the same reasoning works against his re-election.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now wait a second here. People are out of work because of the pandemic. They are facing evictions, foreclosures and all kinds of other bills piling up. Stress and depression are at high levels and I am hearing resistance here about the government helping people out. How did I blow anything out of proportion?
Go back and read former posts to see how you changed what I said.
The government should not be helping people out.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All this pontificating doesn’t change the fact that it is Democratic leadership block much needed aid.

People are hurting, they are holding their needs hostage in the hopes to pass funding for projects that have absolutely nothing to do with pandemic recovery.

They are placing their political objectives above the needs of the poor and middle class in the hopes of helping defeat the President .

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Republicans are holding the bill hostage so that it will include funding for their patrons.

People are hurting, they are holding their needs hostage in the hopes to pass funding for projects that have absolutely nothing to do with pandemic recovery.

They are placing their political objectives above the needs of the poor and middle class in the hopes gaining more contributions from their patrons.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Republicans are holding the bill hostage so that it will include funding for their patrons.

They are placing their political objectives above the needs of the poor and middle class in the hopes gaining more contributions from their patrons.

Read the link. It is not the Republicans blocking the bill.

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
All this pontificating doesn’t change the fact that it is Democratic leadership block much needed aid.

They are placing their political objectives above the needs of the poor and middle class in the hopes of helping defeat the President .
I agree and that therefore makes them the Chaos and Destruction Party. People who needed assistance they leave to suffer misery and chaos wondering how their business can survive and destruction because that might ultimately be the end result of what takes place with them.

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
According to the news today, combo of the regular FLU and covid its going to get rough. They need to do something now before it hits. Give them time to recover before the next one hits.
Stingy, I do believe they think the recovery is on its way so why waste their precious money, not taking into account how rough it might be this fall. HELP THEM NOW SO THEY DON'T GET ANY LOWER!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Democrats pass a $3 Trillion bill. Republicans respond "That's too much money. How about $1". Democrats respond "That's not enough. How about we come down to $2 Trillion?" "No that's still too much. What about $500 Billion?" Democrats reply with "That's too low. We want the compromise we suggested earlier" and it's the Democrats who are blocking relief?

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Democrats pass a $3 Trillion bill. Republicans respond "That's too much money. How about $1". Democrats respond "That's not enough. How about we come down to $2 Trillion?" "No that's still too much. What about $500 Billion?" Democrats reply with "That's too low. We want the compromise we suggested earlier" and it's the Democrats who are blocking relief?
Let it be said again.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Why do you think it's good that the government hands out money? I'm not just talking about stimulus checks by the way.
The Republicans and their supporters weren't interested in that argument when they rewarded their wealthy donors with over a $1 trillion tax cut in the middle of a "bull market" - in the full knowledge that stimulating an already prosperous economy defies all common sense when it comes to fiscal policy!

Fast forward a few years where millions of unemployed Americans and their families now face food shortages and possible eviction, through not fault of their own - the "generosity" of these same Republicans has suddenly reached its limits and these poor, non-donors are now considered expendable and "thrown under the bus

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Republicans and their supporters weren't interested in that argument when they rewarded their wealthy donors with over a $1 trillion tax cut in the middle of a "bull market" - in the full knowledge that stimulating an already prosperous economy defies all common sense when it comes to fiscal policy!

Fast forward a few years where millions of unemployed Americans and their families now face food shortages and possible eviction, through not fault of their own - the "generosity" of these same Republicans has suddenly reached its limits and these poor, non-donors are now considered expendable and "thrown under the bus
Um, there's a difference between cutting taxes and giving tax money out to the citizens.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Democrats are still blocking aid to hurting people -

They want a trillion dollar bailout for NY and CA - holding millions of people hostage for pet projects. Shame
They also want stimulus checks to individuals and the restoration of enhanced benefits at the level they were before.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
“Democrats are pushing for McConnell to let the Senate take up the House’s nearly $3.5 trillion HEROES Act, which would provide $600 in boosted weekly unemployment benefits, another round of stimulus checks, and nearly $1 trillion for state and local aid.“

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Democrats are still blocking aid to hurting people -

They want a trillion dollar bailout for NY and CA - holding millions of people hostage for pet projects. Shame

This is classic disingenuous.

Upvote 0