Democrat Sheila Jackson Lee gets first-class seat on United ... after passenger bumped to economy

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In her original Facebook post, Simon said another Texas congressman then informed her a fellow member of the delegation was in her seat, and "regularly does this" to passengers.

So... Another congressman through Lee under the bus to some rando at the airport? I don't trust politicians, but that still seems unlikely to me.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
As for canceling the ticket

I’m not some AARP grandmother who doesn’t know how to use a phone,” she said. “I know how to cancel a flight and I did not cancel this flight.”
I love that you posted this! Did you think you were providing an alternative view/side to the story that helped justify the complainant or were you trying to help us all see what an elitist bigot she is so that we could more easily distrust her? (I think I know - you don't have to answer.)

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love that you posted this! Did you think you were providing an alternative view/side to the story that helped justify the complainant or were you trying to help us all see what an elitist bigot she is so that we could more easily distrust her? (I think I know - you don't have to answer.)

I love that you thought the Quote was from the congresswoman, you know, the elitist who got the grandmother bumped off her seat.

The airlines said the passenger, the grandmother who the elitist got bumped out of her seat, accidentally canceled her own reservation. To which she replied:

I’m not some AARP grandmother who doesn’t know how to use a phone,” she said. “I know how to cancel a flight and I did not cancel this flight.”

LOL - it's ok, we all make mistakes.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As for canceling the ticket

Grandmothers? Talking about taking a shot at an easy target.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I love that you thought the Quote was from the congresswoman, you know, the elitist who got the grandmother bumped off her seat.

The airlines said the passenger, the grandmother who the elitist got bumped out of her seat, accidentally canceled her own reservation. To which she replied:

I didn't think it was the congresswoman - I knew it was the woman who got bumped that you were quoting. That's why I said "the complainant" - she's not a victim but she was the one complaining, not the congresswoman. I guess you didn't understand what "complainant" meant.

That was and still is my point! You think you're presenting her (the complainant's) side as if it helps her but in fact it shows her to be the elitist bigot that she is. The AARP line is exactly what I'm talking about, spoken by the elitist bigot passenger who thought she was justifying herself but really exposed her bigoted thinking.

LOL - it's ok, we all make mistakes.
LOL, we all make mistakes, but this time you're the only one making a mistake, and doubling down on it!

Again, I'm SO GLAD you posted that to begin with so that you could expose what an elitist, bigoted mindset the bumped passenger had. It all makes sense when you hear the airline's side of it and this bigoted idiot passenger's side. Apparently some conservative idiot was trying to cash in on the airline by trying to exploit the situation and twist it into being the airline who wronged her when in fact she did everything wrong and is now called out on it all. Unbelievable, what a scamming bum she is! Thanks for making it more clear to everyone with your additional information on how bigoted she is! "AARP grandmother" - LOL!!! She's an idiot!

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for making it more clear to everyone with your additional information on how bigoted she is! "AARP grandmother" - LOL!!! She's an idiot!

Bigoted? She never mentions race?

Gotta put that card back in the deck.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Bigoted? She never mentions race?

Gotta put that card back in the deck.
Bigot is not just another word for racist. It applies to ageism and sexism as well.

big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun
noun: bigot; plural noun: bigots
a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
"don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city"
synonyms: chauvinist, partisan, sectarian.​

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bigot is not just another word for racist. It applies to ageism and sexism as well.

big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun
noun: bigot; plural noun: bigots
a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
"don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city"
synonyms: chauvinist, partisan, sectarian.​

Context. Context context

So very important. The woman was bumped out of her seat by an elitist politician who does it often enough for her colleagues to mention it.

The Airlines lies to cover their butts and implied that the woman didn’t know she was cancelling her ticket, which she did not.

The is nothing bigoted, racist, homophobic, or anything else about her reply.

And in CONTEXT of her reply you couldn’t use bigot in any way shape or form and be intellectually honest.

IMHO, If it was a Republican white male instead of a Democratic black female, there would be a public outcry. Especially on this forum.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Context. Context context

So very important. The woman was bumped out of her seat by an elitist politician who does it often enough for her colleagues to mention it.

The Airlines lies to cover their butts and implied that the woman didn’t know she was cancelling her ticket, which she did not.

The is nothing bigoted, racist, homophobic, or anything else about her reply.

And in CONTEXT of her reply you couldn’t use bigot in any way shape or form and be intellectually honest.

IMHO, If it was a Republican white male instead of a Democratic black female, there would be a public outcry. Especially on this forum.
The airline says they have proof of cancellation. I hope the poor non-AARP victim sues so all the evidence gets brought out.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The airline says they have proof of cancellation. I hope the poor non-AARP victim sues so all the evidence gets brought out.

I feel the same way.

As you can see there is no bigot involved

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I admire how people have absolved the airline of any blame in order to blame someone they don't know, but know they don't like.

Agree, what did this woman do except stand up for herself? It’s about time someone stood up for the little guy and stop the bullying

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I admire how people have absolved the airline of any blame in order to blame someone they don't know, but know they don't like.
I haven’t absolved them, just pointing out they have their version just as the non-AARP victim does.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agree, what did this woman do except stand up for herself? It’s about time someone stood up for the little guy and stop the bullying
It’s not clear to me whether she was bullied or made an error and isn’t willing to accept she made an error.
Anyone that flies a lot eventually runs into this type stuff. If she flies a bunch she may have caused someone else a similar distress.

Upvote 0