• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Democrat Sheila Jackson Lee gets first-class seat on United ... after passenger bumped to economy

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by NightHawkeye, Dec 24, 2017.

1. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+9,668
    Methodist
    Married
    Oh my! Woman accuses United of giving her seat to Houston's Sheila Jackson Lee

A passenger on a flight from Houston to Washington D.C. has accused United Airlines of giving her first-class seat to U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee. D-Houston, and then threatening to remove her from the plane for complaining and snapping a photo of the Houston congresswoman.
    Her seat, 1A, was taken, she was told. Simon was given a $500 voucher and reseated in row 11, Economy Plus.
    Simon said she went to the front and snapped a photo of Jackson Lee and told a flight attendant that she knew why she'd been bumped
    .​

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+22,964
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Not sure how this counts as politics.

3. angeltrue

angeltrue Well-Known Member

+513
    Christian
    Married
    I hate to read inequities like that. I don't blame the woman for being upset because these types of behaviors harm people. I have family in the medical field who told me congressmen and their families are bumped up ahead of others in the ER. Imagine if your family member was in a serious way and a legislator strolled in and got put ahead of you.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,354
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    On an airline someone may not know that the airline had bumped another passenger to accommodate them. In an ER it might be. Imo, that should never happen and if one knew they should refuse and wait their turn.

5. angeltrue

angeltrue Well-Known Member

+513
    Christian
    Married
    It happened right in our local hospital. A family member at the hospital said someone else made the decision and the congressman's relative was bumped ahead of everyone else waiting. If it had been me, I would have felt guilty for accepting it. That was bad enough but then she said the relative got special treatment. So different than how God wants it.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. AvilaSurfer

AvilaSurfer Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,657
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Rich people arguing over first class seating. Can’t get too worked up about this.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. hislegacy

hislegacy At the great Pyramids

+9,944
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Another example of the Elitist Politicians, gawd forbid they have to sit with the little people.

8. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+16,213
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    A proper ER should be operating on a triage system in which cases are prioritized for treatment based on need, not ability to pay or societal rank.

9. GoldenBoy89

+22,964
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    How do we know the decision wasn't made by United?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. hislegacy

+9,944
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Whether the Elitist Politician demanded the seat, or the Airlines gave the Elitist Politician someone else's seat to curry favor. It's still and example of the rich taking advantage of their position and power.

And that my friend, is why this is in the Politics section.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Hank77

+13,354
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    How do you know that the woman who was bumped isn't wealthier than the politician?

12. Hank77

+13,354
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Airlines are notorious for overbooking. It could be that they had overbooked and this woman was the last one to book a flight so she got bumped.
    This happened to my daughter when she was only 10 yrs. old. They bumped her off the flight completely, putting her in a waiting room with a TV, no food, no bathroom, and didn't let anyone know. We were waiting for her but she didn't get off the plane. The attendant on our end tried to find out where she was, no one knew. Hours later they called back and said she would be on the next flight and that there would be a coupon or something with her, which they didn't give her.
    We had paid extra for her to have adult supervision the whole time to get her onto the connection flight. That was United Airlines.

13. hislegacy

+9,944
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    What if it was Paul Ryan?

14. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+12,502
    United States
    Married
    This person got bumped out of First Class but was still allowed to stay on the plane and arrived at their destination at the same time as the person that bumped them. When I get bumped, because I am starting at coach, I have to get off the plane, wait at the airport for another flight, inconvenience the people picking me up due to different arrival times and hope that my luggage was pulled off the flight that I was originally booked on and made it to my new flight. She had to sit in Economy Plus and be around common people. I know that I should feel outraged at her treatment but…

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+19,749
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    It involves a Democrat critical of Trump.

16. GoldenBoy89

+22,964
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I should have known. Anything that makes Democrats look bad is considered politics to the right.

17. GoldenBoy89

+22,964
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    No matter who's fault it is, it's the Democrat's fault.

18. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+19,749
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Hey, go easy on the rich. It’s not like they’re getting a yuge tax cut or anything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+9,668
    Methodist
    Married
    A democrat representing the little people ...

20. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,604
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /nvm

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List