Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,745.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, but I need advice and opinions here. What does it say in the bible about transgenderism? I ask this because I have seen many Christians embrace this transgenderism thing, as well as inclusion for LGBTQ people and acceptance. Please do not interpret this is gay bashing or hate, I just feel perplexed because I know that God made humans both man and woman, and that there is no such thing as "cisgender" and such. But now everyone seems to believe that there can be male brains in female bodies and vice versa. If its mental illness, how are we supposed to gracefully dialogue with Christians who seem to think "love is love" and that picking your gender is normal? I don't want to judge at all and say they are not Christians, because I know I suck at being a Christian sometimes. I don't want to make enemies. But I actually get angry seeing people I respect embrace this madness and even tolerate abortion and gay marriage. How can I react? How do I know I am not doing the devil's work by rejecting that behavior?

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Bible says to take a stand and expose evil.
Jesus told us that if we are a follower of His we WILL have enemies; people who hate us..
Romans ch 1 about vs 19 and later expounds upon sexual perversion and describes it.
I do not think that anyone can change their DNA and I believe it either male or female unless some LGHT in a research lab has found some way to mess that all up.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What does it say in the bible about transgenderism?
The bible is crystal clear. It says that God made them male and female.
It also says that sex is only between husband and wife.
Everything else is wrong.
They need love yes, the love that points out the truth.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There have been a number of studies on the brain relating to this. The general consensus is that while there are some differences between male and female brains, it isn’t yet known what the significance of these differences are, and apart from someone observable differences (e.g male brains tend to have more volume - it isn’t really known what the importance of that is as regards difference although there are different theories) it’s all very uncertain science, as so little is known about the brain, and brains are very individual and very, very adaptable in a lot of ways. People tend to pick their studies to support what they want to say. You can’t prove either side of the argument just from the studies. It’s a frightening shift in thinking in my opinion, the next generation are going to be even more confused and misled, right from the start.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
how are we supposed to gracefully dialogue with Christians who seem to think "love is love" and that picking your gender is normal?

I’d try patiently advising them to do some proper research and not just go with whatever some other person said

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Only male and female. Scripture is clear on that, as is biology. The desire to change from male to female or vice versa is psychological. A person is drawn to the idea and (sadly) is encouraged by therapists, parents, teachers, and now clergy. Christians need to be forgiving of sex-changes, but opposed to them.

Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,745.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for your replies. But what happens is that I get treated like I said something really mean and rude, and people tell me how bigoted and hateful I am. Then I feel bad and question, am I wrong? Am I NOT being godly? What if I am wrong, and God would not approve of me thinking this way? I get accused of being crazy and then wonder if I am indeed wrong. What if I am really being hateful?

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
The Bible says nothing directly about transgenderism, as no doubt such was not even contemplated 2,000 years ago. If you believe that marriage must always be open to the possibility of conception, as the Catholic Church teaches, then one would no doubt be against transgenderism. If you believe that as some Evangelical Protestants believe, that God made male and female, and that therefore by implication man should not change such, then again one's position is clear. However, if you see transgenderism as something quite different from homosexuality, which it would seem to be, and that the main purpose of a sex change is to try and have a loving relationship with what your brain tells you is the opposite sex, then you might feel a little differently about the matter. As for myself, I have mixed feelings, but have made no final decision as to the morality of the issue.

A saw a special on television recently regarding the family of the famous singer, Jackie Evancho. Her brother switched and became a girl. Despite the family being Catholic, they seemed to be pretty supportive of the sex change. I guess the parents felt that showing love and support for their child could be done, despite the Church's teaching.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read or heard somewhere recently that Satan is no longer content with possessing one person at a time and is going for an entire generation in one go atm. I cant argue with that.

One a related issue, does anyone else think the fires in California could be God's judgement on there stance on this sort of thing?

• Agree
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your replies. But what happens is that I get treated like I said something really mean and rude, and people tell me how bigoted and hateful I am. Then I feel bad and question, am I wrong? Am I NOT being godly? What if I am wrong, and God would not approve of me thinking this way? I get accused of being crazy and then wonder if I am indeed wrong. What if I am really being hateful?

No, you’re not wrong at all. People jump on these bandwagons, not much you can really do about it

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You are right. Don't let anyone guilt you into thinking otherwise.

Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,745.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible says nothing directly about transgenderism, as no doubt such was not even contemplated 2,000 years ago. If you believe that marriage must always be open to the possibility of conception, as the Catholic Church teaches, then one would no doubt be against transgenderism. If you believe that as some Evangelical Protestants believe, that God made male and female, and that therefore by implication man should not change such, then again one's position is clear. However, if you see transgenderism as something quite different from homosexuality, which it would seem to be, and that the main purpose of a sex change is to try and have a loving relationship with what your brain tells you is the opposite sex, then you might feel a little differently about the matter. As for myself, I have mixed feelings, but have made no final decision as to the morality of the issue.

I think that if you're a "trans-woman" in a relationship with a "cis-man," then in God's eyes, you're still a man and therefore engaging in a homosexual relationship. I think it must be mental illness, or some type of a demon that attaches itself to a young toddler to mess it up. Same thing with homosexuality. Although if I say this to non-believers, I'll get laughed out of the room.

Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,745.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I read or heard somewhere recently that Satan is no longer content with possessing one person at a time and is going for an entire generation in one go atm. I cant argue with that.

One a related issue, does anyone else think the fires in California could be God's judgement on there stance on this sort of thing?

It's possible.

It's also possible that Satan has stepped up his game because we're near the end. He wants to get as many souls into hell as possible, so of course he'd try something new.

• Agree
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that if you're a "trans-woman" in a relationship with a "cis-man," then in God's eyes, you're still a man and therefore engaging in a homosexual relationship. I think it must be mental illness, or some type of a demon that attaches itself to a young toddler to mess it up. Same thing with homosexuality. Although if I say this to non-believers, I'll get laughed out of the room.

It’s a tough one. I actually emigrated partly (not a major reason but still) to get away from this kind of weirdness in the UK.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Sorry, but I need advice and opinions here. What does it say in the bible about transgenderism? I ask this because I have seen many Christians embrace this transgenderism thing, as well as inclusion for LGBTQ people and acceptance. Please do not interpret this is gay bashing or hate, I just feel perplexed because I know that God made humans both man and woman, and that there is no such thing as "cisgender" and such. But now everyone seems to believe that there can be male brains in female bodies and vice versa. If its mental illness, how are we supposed to gracefully dialogue with Christians who seem to think "love is love" and that picking your gender is normal? I don't want to judge at all and say they are not Christians, because I know I suck at being a Christian sometimes. I don't want to make enemies. But I actually get angry seeing people I respect embrace this madness and even tolerate abortion and gay marriage. How can I react? How do I know I am not doing the devil's work by rejecting that behavior?

(warning lost post, sorry I'm just pretty passionate on this topic since I've dealt with it personally)

React with understanding and peace.

There is a difference between someone who reacts to things off of emotion and confusion versus with understanding and peace. So before diving in end first to a rabbit hole of ideologies, and what people say about politics, take a breather, step back from the edge of the cliff a bit, and lets just observe the big picture of these agendas.

Transgenderism, cisgender, gay marriage, we can even throw in BLM, feminism, all these pressing issues on sexuality and gender all have to deal with one common theme: identity. This is why identity politics works really well, because people are looking for ways to have their identities be accommodated. Although the far right have predicted that starting that will be like the avalanche now, they as a whole have fail to properly address it. They can't because whatever solution they will come up with isn't hitting the root. Just like whatever the far left are suggesting aren't addressing the root. The root is that this world without God will naturally reject the image of God for the image of man, they will worship creations rather than the creation, they are not thankful to God of what they are given, and its to a point where God gave up people to this world to their own desires, to their own idols, to create false identities of who they are and what they are suppose to portray, and are pushing for others to accept them (Romans 1:17-31). This is the curse of the agendas dealing with identities, people become their own corruptable gods. But even with all that, they can be saved.

The whole mental illness in transgenders, male brain, gay gene, foolishness are just distorted ways to make people feel abnormal or special or rebels, which to me is a twisted way to feed people's egoes. People are in sinful nature across the board, they are operating in ways that someone rule by their flesh would, that's why it feels natural, as if they were born that way, even if they don't know the source of their desires. And as long as this world continues to distort the narrative of what it means to be image-bearers, its going to continue to be a world where identity is ambiguous and up in the air. The media portrays them as happy, but really, all that searching and changing I don't see a peace there.

So once you clear away all the fluff, the masks, the political correctness, and the cobwebs, all of them are just people who are having internal struggle with identity. Everyone has that. Some more than others, and some will express it more than others.Some desires are easier than others to give up. That's why Jesus said, if any man comes after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me.
( Matthews 16:24).In short, whatever sinful nature you were born in and identified with, you have to kill it and be born into a new identity, bearing the image of Christ. No amount of law changes or identity morphing is going to give them peace, Jesus will.

This is where understanding and peace from you will come in. Understanding God's intent for them, as men, as women, and as image-bearers, you have to approach in with understanding that they no matter how boastful they might be in sin, are still in sin and since their is no Truth there, they are essentially living with a false sense of peace. If someone is in distress, two things not to do is cater their distress (like the far left) and produce a hostile environment for them to be more in distress ( like the far right). Best way to approach them is to show them true peace, show them love and safety, stand in Truth when needed, teach with love and patience when the opportunity arises, and pray when they are not in contact. Treat them like any other friend and just be there to listen.

Alot of times, the problem is not directing the very false identity they have created, but its the environment that has cater to it, internally and externally. Pride, greed, heartbreak, trauma, and so many other things can create the perfect storm. So also give them time to talk about it, and listen to them. They all have their stories. The world is giving them illusions that they actually care about them as people, by providing "listening ears" and cradling them, but its false security and it is damning their very souls.Be sensitive of that, that they are coming out of a world and identity that they holding on to as precious as life itself, they are coming to you as blind men, but don't be fooled that it is what will bring them to a point of peace. So be the light, thats all you can do, and trust God will bring them through.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,745.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It’s a tough one. I actually emigrated partly (not a major reason but still) to get away from this kind of weirdness in the UK.

I would emigrate too! The sad thing is that slowly but surely, many countries are following suit.

Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,745.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Modern medicine does not seem to have an answer as to what causes someone to believe they are actually a member of the other sex. It could be a genetic flaw. We simply do not know.

Right, but in some places it is against the law to try to help someone not be gay or not be trans.

• Informative
Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.