Non-dispensationalist
✟356,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, the Day of the world will not destroy the earth or world just ALL of the unbelievers. Following this, there will be a one thousand years of peace among the nations (that are left) of the world. Jesus Christ will reign from Jerusalem in the fourth temple to be built by Man.

Please wake up and read (1 Cor 15:1-4) the gospel of Jesus Christ as it is the only thing that will get you in to heaven before all of this starts to happen.

Blade

Blade
Everyone in this forum are Christians, and hold to the gospel in 1Corinthians15:1-4. So we are all on the same page as far as that concern goes.

This present earth and heavens are going to be destroyed. The issue though is over the timing, which will be at the end of the millennium rule. And why it is considered "part" of the Day of the Lord, but not its entirety.

2Peter3:
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Verse 13 is talking about eternity.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The rest of the bible doesn't say that, never allow ONE VERSE to take you down a false road. Peter was writing letters/epistles unto people, he was giving them his understanding, he was not like a Prophet in the Old Testament saying thus saith the Lord. The same with Paul, he was writing Letters explaining the things of God, he was not writing the "Word of God" else I am sure he would have been more precise and clearer in places like 2 Thess. 2 where it is clear to me hes speaking of the Rapture of the Church. The Wrath of Gd ends with Jesus/ Second Coming. Come on man, you know this.
I am thinking the problem is not with Peter, but how you are understanding the concept of the Day of the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Great Tribulation happened in 70AD. Jesus said when YOU (present tense, second person, plural) see the abomination of desolation..... , addressing his disciples, then telling them to leave the area. Which BTW they did.
No it didn't whatsoever.
The Great Tribulation has yet come to pass.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The second part of that ONE WEEK (Dan 9:27), begins when the Anti-Christ commits the "(Abomination of Desolate)" in the Holy of Holies. at this stage, we know that Jesus's return to earth is soon as it will be around the 1260 days in the future. Daniel 9:27.."And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate"

The following comes from the 1599 Geneva Bible, which is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America.

Dan 9:27 And he shal confirme the couenant with many for one weeke: and in the middes of the weeke he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the ouerspreading of the abominations, he shall make it desolate, euen vntill the consummation determined shalbe powred vpon the desolate.

Daniel 9:27
And he (a) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to (b) cease, (c) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

(a) By the preaching of the Gospel he affirmed his promise, first to the Jews, and after to the Gentiles.

(b) Christ accomplished this by his death and resurrection.

(c) Meaning that Jerusalem and the sanctuary would be utterly destroyed because of their rebellion against God, and their idolatry: or as some read, that the plague will be so great, that they will all be astonished at them.

Daniel Chapter 9: Dr. Kelly Varner

Upvote 0

Bladerunner

Supporter
Sep 24, 2018
Middle TN
✟72,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. That would put the abomination of desolation 1290 days after the daily sacrifice is taken away.

Daniel 9
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Daniel 12
11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

You want me to be literal... There is no further info about the thirty or the 75 extra days. What is clear is they are not part of Daniel's 70th week. These could be associated with the beginning of the millennium in some way. There is quit a lot going on at the end of the Daniel's 70th week. I do know that 1260 days is 3.5 years, so is 42 months, so is 'time, times and half a time'. Your guess is a good as mine. God did not tell us so it is not there.

Blade

Upvote 0

Bladerunner

Supporter
Sep 24, 2018
Middle TN
✟72,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everyone in this forum are Christians, and hold to the gospel in 1Corinthians15:1-4. So we are all on the same page as far as that concern goes.

This present earth and heavens are going to be destroyed. The issue though is over the timing, which will be at the end of the millennium rule. And why it is considered "part" of the Day of the Lord, but not its entirety.

2Peter3:
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Verse 13 is talking about eternity.

you said:"Everyone in this forum are Christians, and hold to the gospel in 1Corinthians15:1-4. "

Except maybe the Amellinnialists and the preterist,etc. I could go on and on. The Roman Catholic Church claims it is Christian as well BUT.

Blade

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I thinking the problem is not with Peter, but how you are understanding the concept of the Day of the Lord.
No, I think its with your concept of the DOTL. You want to cling to something Peter stated when Peter never said he was a Prophet. None of the Prophets point towards this at all. You get an idea, like the Anti-Christ being accepted by the Jews, and it's there forever. The rationale doesn't fit, the Day of the Lord is God's Wrath, and it lasts 3.5 Years, the 1000 year reign IS NOT God's Wrath.

• Agree
Reactions: Bladerunner
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you said:"Everyone in this forum are Christians, and hold to the gospel in 1Corinthians15:1-4. "

Except maybe the Amellinnialists and the preterist,etc. I could go on and on. The Roman Catholic Church claims it is Christian as well BUT.

Blade

Your statement above has turned your viewpoint into a cult.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, I think its with your concept of the DOTL. You want to cling to something Peter stated when Peter never said he was a Prophet. None of the Prophets point towards this at all. You get an idea, like the Anti-Christ being accepted by the Jews, and it's there forever. The rationale doesn't fit, the Day of the Lord is God's Wrath, and it lasts 3.5 Years, the 1000 year reign IS NOT God's Wrath.
I think this is incorrect. The Day of the Lord is 1000 years. It begins with Gods wrath.

Upvote 0

Bladerunner

Supporter
Sep 24, 2018
Middle TN
✟72,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your statement above has turned your viewpoint into a cult.

Thats almost as bad as racist but not quite. It's ok.

My statement stands. I know I am in the minority. Faith in Jesus Christ's Gospel means total faith in the WORD of Jesus Christ. That Word is Everyword of the KJV Bible.

amellinnialist throw away most of the Bible except for the NT because to read it would reveal the truths in it are not their truths.

Preterist throw away the scriptures throughout the Bible OT and NT that have told for centuries that GOD has a separate plan for a remnant of His people and a plan for the Gentiles and Jews who will believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ (! COR 15:1-4).

Then there are those who do not believe in a Millennium. Taking that out of the Bible is dangerous as GOD has made it abundantly clear throughout the Whole Bible (OT and NT) that there will be a 1000 years of reign by Jesus Christ, His son. Akin to calling GOD a liar!

Other than that, I wondered about the word Cult you used as I remembered Jesus telling us, the Road to Salvation and Redemption is narrow and the Road to "Hell" is wide. So the very few that will get into Heaven are part of a cult?????NO, I don't think so.

Blade

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,691.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. That would put the abomination of desolation 1290 days after the daily sacrifice is taken away.

Daniel 9
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Daniel 12
11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
Bladerunner is correct; the AoD happens at the mid point of the last seven years. It is that which causes the daily sacrifice to cease.

I see the 1260 days from that as the time of the Great Tribulation, of the 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls, culminating with Armageddon and the Return of Jesus.
The 1290 days; the extra 30 may be the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, then the 1335 days, is 75 days until the temple is cleansed and re-dedicated.
This fits with the Return being the Mo'ed of Tabernacles and the Temple restored at Chanukah, Kislev 25; the same day as it was after the A4E desecration.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think this is incorrect. The Day of the Lord is 1000 years. It begins with Gods wrath.
I was in a rush earlier, I didn't answer Douggg in full. We get our 1000 year reign understanding mostly from John, who wrote Revelation long after Peter had died, as in 20 to 25 years later. Why do we assume God gave ALL HIS KNOWLEDGE on ALL THINGS to every Disciple ? He of course didn't, he clearly gave things to John only, things to Paul only, etc. etc. Why would we assume Peter knew about the 1000 year reign ? Jesus told no one when he was coming back, he doesn't know himself, he gave them vague references in which THIS, THIS and THIS has to happen first, then THIS HAPPENS etc. etc. Peter knows the Day of the Lord is about VENGEANCE and about FIRE, he also knows there will be a New Heaven and New Earth !! So the Day of the Lord will come as the thief, this world will burn, and we will get a New Jerusalem. What if that is all Peter understood ? What if God gave the Revelation/1000 year reign scriptures only to John ? And I think that is exactly what happened.............Well then here is what Peter would have known !!

Just what he wrote.......the Day of the Lord is God's vengeance, the earth will be consumed by fire ad we will get a new heaven and earth. The 1000 year concept was probably not even a part of his understanding. We just ASSUME way to much. God gives different things to different people, and He ALWAYS HAS been like that, we work collectively as ONE !! That way God gets the glory, not men.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You want me to be literal... There is no further info about the thirty or the 75 extra days. What is clear is they are not part of Daniel's 70th week. These could be associated with the beginning of the millennium in some way. There is quit a lot going on at the end of the Daniel's 70th week. I do know that 1260 days is 3.5 years, so is 42 months, so is 'time, times and half a time'. Your guess is a good as mine. God did not tell us so it is not there.

Blade
Hello brother, in this below post I am replying to a brother about the 1260, 1290 and 1335, I used this to inform people on a site about how God was going to call Israel unto repentance, and when. It was a thread about replacement theology amidst some of our Churches. He disagreed that the 1335 was the Two-witnesses showing up but stated he basically agreed with everything else, then proceeded to tell me how he thought the 1290 and 1335 might stretch 45 days and 75 days into the new millenium, and thus my post I am about to COPY AND PASTE below was my REPLY UNTO HIM. It is pretty in depth, but most people don't seem to get it. PONDER IT FOR A WEE BIT............

BOOM, every word you uttered was perfect in understanding what the 1260 means and as juxtaposed against the Second Coming from verses 1-3, then you did exactly what I did for 30 years, you look at verse 11 in a totally different way than verse 7 in that you are now thinking this GREAT RIDDLE (and it is a marvelous one) is being told unto us from a certain date (the Middle of the Week forward or the 1260 forward) in all three instances, but its not, it is being explained unto us in the exact same manner as the 1260 Event was told unto us as in the number of days from the 1290 until Jesus' Second Coming and the Number of days from the 1335 Blessing until the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. Now go back and relook at it from that perspective and remember, Daniel asked them this......8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be THE END of these things?....So just like Jesus/Angel explained how long it would be from the time Jerusalem is Conquered until the Second Coming (1260 days), Daniel is about to be told how many days it will be from the AoD until the Second Coming of Jesus and from the BLESSING until the Second Coming.

The 1290 reference was how the Holy Spirit opened my eyes about a year ago on this, the Abomination of Desolation can't be 30 days after Jesus' Second Coming, it has to be either 30 days before the 1260 or 30 days after the 1260. Jesus told the Jews in Matthew 24:15-16 to Flee Judea when they see this AoD, and we know the Jews flee and are protected for 1260 days in the Wilderness, so this tells us what ? It has to be before the 1260 Event, if it was 30 days after the Anti-Christ Conquered Jerusalem then he would have killed all the Jews no doubt, and the Jews would have only fled to the wilderness for 1230 days before Jesus' returned to save them !! And why would Jesus warn them to flee after they had been conquered? It made no sense to me, so I then knew, in my KNOWER, that the 1290 was just like the time, times and half (1260) event, it was a set number of days from a certain event until Jesus' Second Coming which ENDS all of these Wonders. Thus I now knew the 1335 had to also be a set number of days until Jesus' Second Coming !! But I had to verify it or test it via the scriptures, does it fit ? Yes it does.

The Two-witnesses are that Blessing, they arrive 1335 days before Jesus' Second Coming. God meant no one was going to get this until the end times, He locked it up until these end times. The Two-witnesses have to be the Two-witnesses for 1260 days and the Beast has to be the Beast for 1260 days. This SOLVED a problem I have had for years, when do the Two-witnesses show up on earth in juxtaposition to the Beast !! Well we know the Two-witnesses die before the Beast so they must show up before the Beast who is the one that Conquers Jerusalem at the 1260, so them showing up at he 1335 is THE BLESSING and it fits perfectly, they turn Israel back unto God BEFORE the Great and Terrible Day of the Lord (Malachi 4:5-6). The Day of the Lord starts with the First Seal being opened at the 1260 Event.

When you ponder this from fresh perspective, think about verse 8 with Daniel asking the same thing the Angel seems to have asked in verse 6, thus when Jesus answers in verse 11 he is speaking as juxtaposed to the same understanding of HOW LONG WILL IT BE UNTIL THE END OF THESE WONDERS (Second Coming). Thus when Jesus talks about the 1290, it is just like the 1260 Event, it means 1290 days from the END OF ALL THESE WONDERS !! Or the Second Coming. And thus it now passes the common sense test, Jesus, IMHO, would pick a sign of something happening BEFORE Jerusalem was Conquered and tell the Jews to Flee, not after they were Conquered, so the 1290 just made too much since being BEFORE the 1260 event, and didn't make much sense to me as per being after the 1260. Thus the 1335 is 75 days before the 1260, and the 1290 is 30 days before the 1260.

So a quick rundown on what happens via the Chronology of Events.

1. The Two-Witnesses show up and 1/3 of Israel REPENT before the Day of the Lord/Wrath of God is at hand. (1260 Event)

2. The False Prophet places an IMAGE of the European Beast in the Temple 1290 days before the Second Coming (Rev. 13 says it's the False Prophet that does this, so this JIBES also) but it happens 30 days before the Anti-Christ Conquers Jerusalem. Think Jason under Antiochus Epiphanes who tried to Hellenize the Jews, his real name was Yeshua, he had his Pious High priest brother killed (Onias III) by bribing Antiochus Epiphanes. I think Daniel chapter 11 is painting a picture of the coming Anti-Christ and his False Prophet partner.

3. The Anti-Christ Conquers Jerusalem and thus becomes the Beast 1260 days before Jesus' Second Coming.

When you are given something, TEST IT, and it makes other things come together, its like you know that you know that you know. I came understood so many things via this revelation, the Two-witnesses timing became crystal clear unto me. Oh yea, one more thing, for the Jews to know they have to OBEY Jesus and Flee Judea to Petra or the Mountains, they will have to have read the Gospels by that time, meaning the Two-witnesses MUST show up BEFORE they flee, because they are forbidden from reading the New Testament Gospels as we speak.

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet BEFORE the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

This is some deep stuff, to be honest, I have yet to get many people to understand it.

God Bless.......Brother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, I think its with your concept of the DOTL. You want to cling to something Peter stated when Peter never said he was a Prophet. None of the Prophets point towards this at all.
Peter was making stuff up? really? What he said concerning the Day of the Lord and the destruction of this present heaven and earth corresponds to what is found in Revelation 20:11. And the New heaven and New earth in Revelation 21.

CW, you need to rethink the Day of the Lord as an extended period of time, as also being eternity; but beginning when the Antichrist goes into the temple, during the 7 years and claims to have achieved God-hood, shattering the peace and safety illusion that the world will be living in - thinking he is the messiah.

What is in the bible is the Day of the Lord is presented - segments at a time. You have to put all the segments together to get the big picture.

It is like all eschatology. You get parts of the picture from different passages throughout the bible. But they have to be put together - correctly.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thats almost as bad as racist but not quite. It's ok.

My statement stands. I know I am in the minority. Faith in Jesus Christ's Gospel means total faith in the WORD of Jesus Christ. That Word is Everyword of the KJV Bible.

amellinnialist throw away most of the Bible except for the NT because to read it would reveal the truths in it are not their truths.

The problem with the premill doctrine is that it does not work, when compared to the rest of the New Testament.

It must ignore Matthew 25:31-46, and 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, and 2 Timothy 4:1, and Revelation 11:15-18, and Revelation 16:15-16 to work, and then you claim "Everyword of the KJV".

You also ignore the fulfillment of the New Covenant in Hebrews 12:22-24.

• Winner
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No it didn't whatsoever.
The Great Tribulation has yet come to pass.
Jesus spoke to the disciples telling them to leave town when they saw the armies surrounding Jerusalem. They did. And Jerusalem fell. He said "when you see". Not "when they see".
And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.” (Matthew 24:2) (KJV 1900)
Happened in their immediate future.

Upvote 0