✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 9:

This is verrrrry wise, and verrrrry true.

Wisdom, discernment, and discretion are GOOD things.

Amen.

Reminds me of this:

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." ~Matthew 7:6

And this:

"He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears." ~Proverbs 26:17

1130792.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 9:

Fearing God.

iu
Perhaps one of the most profound verses in the entire Bible is this one, as it is the bottom line of how to have a "right" heart before God. It is IMPOSSIBLE to please God without it. It ties right in to the proper and Godly "humbleness" before God.

For to be truly "humble" before the living God, is to be infinitely wise.

iu

• Agree
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 9:

Fearing God.

There's a bottom line in "knowing" God. And it is ALWAYS on God's "terms", and not "ours". After all, He is God. And we are not.

There's a REASON that this verse emphasizes the "fear of the Lord". And that is because it is IMPOSSIBLE to truly "know" God without "fearing" Him. It is THEN that we are given an "understanding" of WHO He is, and consequently understand who WE are. And that is when we understand WHY He is WORTHY of worship, and why, we, His "creatures", His "created" ones are "worshipers".

It ALL falls into place.

Amen.

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 9:

It's impossible to please God without it.
k3694875.jpg
This verse (#10 ) is one of the most PROFOUND verses in the entire Bible, and it is a clue to what defined the bottom line of the men (and women) of God throughout the Bible, including Job, who epitomized this, as written in the beginning of the book of Job, and repeated, and is the very "key" to why God described Job as He did and why he was targeted by Satan and to endure ev'ry thing the devil threw at him.

This verse right here in the beginning of the book of Job, is the "key" to understanding the entire book of Job:

"There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil." ~Job 1:1

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 9:

Wisdom: the epitome of who Job was.

This must be about my favorite and most endearing verse in the Bible. It was the "key" in understanding the book of Job and staying on track throughout the entire book, and not getting distracted in all the drama of Job's "friends" and God help us, his wife, who basically declared that her husband Job was a man of integrity, and she was, in essence sick of his integrity, and told him, in essence, to abandon his integrity and to just go ahead and curse God and die already.

This verse (Job 1:1 ) was the "key", the "anchor", that defined Job, and that defined Job throughout the entire book of Job, and changed not.

It ties right into how God described Job in the very beginning of the book of Job, and that description held like an anchor throughout the entire book of Job.

What i find most astounding is the propensity that surfaces in many, Bible teachers included, to "kick someone when they're down", that the book of Job seems to bring out.

What? They forgot how God himself described Job in the very beginning, as He sets the stage, for these events that rolled out on Job, as God Himself said "without cause"?

God's description of Job, the "key" and "anchor" to understanding the book of Job:

“There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.” ~Job 1:1

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 9:

Wisdom: the epitome of who Job was.

This must be about my favorite and most endearing verse in the Bible. It was the "key" in understanding the book of Job and staying on track throughout the entire book, and not getting distracted in all the drama of Job's "friends" and God help us, his wife, who basically declared that her husband Job was a man of integrity, and she was, in essence sick of his integrity, and told him, in essence, to abandon his integrity and to just go ahead and curse God and die already.

This verse (Job 1:1 ) was the "key", the "anchor", that defined Job, and that defined Job throughout the entire book of Job, and changed not.

It ties right into how God described Job in the very beginning of the book of Job, and that description held like an anchor throughout the entire book of Job.

What i find most astounding is the propensity that surfaces in many, Bible teachers included, to "kick someone when they're down", that the book of Job seems to bring out.

What? They forgot how God himself described Job in the very beginning, as He sets the stage, for these events that rolled out on Job, as God Himself said "without cause"?

God's description of Job, the "key" and "anchor" to understanding the book of Job:

“There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.” ~Job 1:1

iu
yes, such a wonderful verse...and this too...

10537211_10201772561390447_7183636476914894764_o.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
...and I have found the book! 'The joy of fearing God' by Jerry Bridges

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
yes, such a wonderful verse...and this too...

10537211_10201772561390447_7183636476914894764_o.jpg

Indeed.

The "fear of the Lord" KEEPS us from giving too too much accolades to "man", doesn't it?

Otherwise, we might end up nearly "worshiping" and thus "fearing" MAN, rather than GOD, amen?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Did you start reading it?
Yes...I have it now..he quotes Proverbs 14:27 on the cover. The fear of the Lord is a life giving fountain...
I am up to 'where wisdom begins'
Proverbs 9:10
...also that Proverbs has a practical dimension...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes...I have it now..he quotes Proverbs 14:27 on the cover. The fear of the Lord is a life giving fountain...
I am up to 'where wisdom begins'
Proverbs 9:10
...also that Proverbs has a practical dimension...

Thanks. Now i need to find mine.....i have so many books it could be anywhere hahaaaa

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. Now i need to find mine.....i have so many books it could be anywhere hahaaaa
That was my problem...even the attic...then I found it where I had already looked! And there it was telling me it had been there all the time! :rolleyes:

• Haha
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That was my problem...even the attic...then I found it where I had already looked! And there it was telling me it had been there all the time! :rolleyes:

Hahaaaa! Same here...it could be right under my nose and i just didn't "see" it. ^_^

Upvote 0